We can mandate electric cars; Many conservatives already use them and cant see it

No shit. Try reading my post next time, that's exactly what I was addressing. Like 2% of the cars in this country are electric and it already shut down California energy. That you DEMAND (not support) it now with no plan to do it is the Democrat way. Democrat as in Democrat Party. You know, you

I wasn't examining every car, but they are generally easy to spot. The point is if they are still a tiny percent of the cars even in literally the most leftist city in America or I'd have seen a lot more of them. It's typical, Democrats talk, you don't listen and you destroy you don't motivate.

If you weren't a Democrat shill and went to Berkley, you'd notice there are some $60K cars, but most people can't afford that. Yeah, I'd have noticed if it were dramatically different
1.9% of the vehicles in Commie Kalifornia are electric.

To supply energy to keep the batteries charged requires 19 gigawatts of additional power over what is being generated now.

That is like the output of the two nuclear reactors at Diablo Canyon (20 gigawatts).

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
You are one naive kid.

Fossil fuels will still be the dominant energy source for at least the next 100 years unless you energy-hating communists commit to nuclear or somehow make "cold fusion" work.

All you're doing is shifting the emissions to large plants and SEVERELY limiting range and vehicle life (EVs only last about 7-10 years before needing a $15,000 battery replacement AND battery materials are VERY limited).

1.9% of the vehicles in Commie Kalifornia are electric.

To supply energy to keep the batteries charged requires 19 gigawatts of additional power over what is being generated now.

That is like the output of the two nuclear reactors at Diablo Canyon (20 gigawatts).

Yep. And I've noticed, you probably have too, that Democrats never acknowledge that electric cars require more energy plants. We are way more than a decade or two from going from 2% electric to all electric and we're not on a path to get there since we're attacking both gas cars and electric companies

It is funny (sad actually) that other countries can do this but the greatest county in the world can not.

Technology moves forward.
Name one country that has all of their vehicles running strictly on electric
Germanys electric is in dire trouble right now.

Why would I do that when I was not discussing or suggesting that? Why not address what I actually said?

(We know why)

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.

Should "We The People" buy one for Shaniqua?

Germanys electric is in dire trouble right now.

What's sad is Germany totally did this to themselves. In order to be more "green," they shut down all their nuclear plants. And they didn't have any actual replacement, so they went from clean nuclear back to carbon fuel and Russian dependency. And now it's a cold winter for them, which they totally brought on themselves. Imagine, having a full, clean burning nuclear system and shutting all that down for Russian oil. It boggles the mind

There is no call for a high speed rail in Martha's Vineyard but you still felt this need to go there. That's why we can't get anything done.
Those men and women make my taxes much higher for their easy lives.
On top of everything else, electric cars aren’t worth shit in a zombie apocalypse.
It's good for the zombies. Which ironically are mostly Progs.

Why would I do that when I was not discussing or suggesting that? Why not address what I actually said?

(We know why)
That we do not have high speed rail to every town in the US? To say the cost would be prohibitive would be very kind. Most countries are barely even one of our states

Mind your own fucking business.

The very true cost of high speed rail from start to finish is astronomical, you're talking millions per mile

And yet, all these "second rate" countries can figure it out while what is supposed to be the greatest country in the world can not.

/——-/ Nothing green about electric cars, dummy. Here’s your enviro friendly lithium mine.
B1045C4D-D07C-4638-9D7C-7814E931068B.jpeg

And yet, all these "second rate" countries can figure it out while what is supposed to be the greatest country in the world can not.

I'm just stating a fact. What are you going to pay for it with? Pixie dust? I've seen estimates of upwards to 50 million per mile true cost ( you do know what true cost means I hope) A single line across the United States is billions.

It's a fallacy, ask California

Forum List

Back