We can mandate electric cars; Many conservatives already use them and cant see it

About the only time that is close to being true is Sunday morning.

or getting to work at 7AM because you work in construction.

put my commute in to google maps, 8.1 miles, 20-35 minutes.

by mass transit: 1 hr 21 min to 1 hr 25 min.

assuming weekday, 7 AM arrival time.

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.
So the wealthy are doing their part? and its the rest of us that need to shape up?...should we pay for it ourselves or demand that those already saving the planet pay for it?

Oh, yeah. Plug those cars in, you stupid fuckers, and watch the grid fail in five minutes!

That would be a ton of fun for the rest of the country to watch!

Yep, it already happened. That poor electric car driver I saw in the most left city in America was screwed, LOL

We support electric cars now.

No shit. Try reading my post next time, that's exactly what I was addressing. Like 2% of the cars in this country are electric and it already shut down California energy. That you DEMAND (not support) it now with no plan to do it is the Democrat way. Democrat as in Democrat Party. You know, you

I have to imagine you weren't looking.

I wasn't examining every car, but they are generally easy to spot. The point is if they are still a tiny percent of the cars even in literally the most leftist city in America or I'd have seen a lot more of them. It's typical, Democrats talk, you don't listen and you destroy you don't motivate.

If you weren't a Democrat shill and went to Berkley, you'd notice there are some $60K cars, but most people can't afford that. Yeah, I'd have noticed if it were dramatically different

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
Why mandate any fucking thing?

How about letting me decide on what I want to drive? The concept is called "Liberty". Go look it up.

You stupid Moon Bats love the filthy government telling you to run your lives, don't you?

No shit. Try reading my post next time, that's exactly what I was addressing. Like 2% of the cars in this country are electric and it already shut down California energy. That you DEMAND (not support) it now with no plan to do it is the Democrat way. Democrat as in Democrat Party. You know, you

Said despite me never demanding anything. Did you bother to read my first reply?

I wasn't examining every car, but they are generally easy to spot. The point is if they are still a tiny percent of the cars even in literally the most leftist city in America or I'd have seen a lot more of them. It's typical, Democrats talk, you don't listen and you destroy you don't motivate

They are a small but ever growing segment of the markets.

Electric vehicle sales shift to fast lane.

We can mandate electric cars

In five words you have promoted Soviet style Communism and government control of the means of production, you have guaranteed a fleet of shitty fucked up cars, because its the free market that produces quality goods when people decide what they do and do not like, and you have made yourself a demi-god thinking that people can just be ordered what we by. This is America. We don't do mandates. Thats why Trump gutted Obamacare mandates. The Kenyan Bitch had no place putting a mandate on me.

I mandate that you kiss my ass, fucktard.

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars.
No idiot, what you see is intelligent people resisting committing to a technology still developing while burning our bridges behind us for what we know works and which is needed to supply 90%^ of our energy and transportation before green energy and EV cars are affordable and practical.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit
Or maybe you should just go jump in the river.

In five words you have promoted Soviet style Communism and government control of the means of production, you have guaranteed a fleet of shitty fucked up cars, because its the free market that produces quality goods when people decide what they do and do not like, and you have made yourself a demi-god thinking that people can just be ordered what we by. This is America. We don't do mandates. Thats why Trump gutted Obamacare mandates. The Kenyan Bitch had no place putting a mandate on me.

I mandate that you kiss my ass, fucktard.
Can I sell tickets?

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
You just demonstrated how progs are destroying this country.

In near straightaway areas that are sparsely populated it is possible. The railroads of the 19th century helped to open up the country and the West. So, it is possible to have the mag lev technology going hundreds of miles and longer but end in a developed area and going conventional with transfers to current tech trains, busses, rental cars, even airports. Perhaps integration of all types of transportation can work. Perhaps using current rail corridors converted to maglev technologies and more advanced if possible. Unencumbered rights of ways are the desired mag lev desired solution.
What if you want to bring home some groceries?

Forum List

Back