We can't compromise! We can't collaborate! We can't cooperate!

McInnes was telling other people, particularly women, what they think, what they should think, and how to live their lives. For their own good. I think we have more than enough authoritarians running around.

He made a correct point about how and why women, generally make certain choices (is family over career), and gave his opinion on what that means. He did not give his advice to that specific woman, until she literally asked for it.

It would have been Authoritarian, if he wanted government policy to force that. Which he does not.

It is feminists who want to use government power to force equality of outcome that most women do not want.

We have decided that attacks, hyperbole and violence are the only way to achieve our goals (and I'm still not sure what those are). I don't how that can be intelligently defended. If we're giving up on using our minds, let's at least admit it.

He made an intelligent point, and argued it intelligently. The woman is the one that flipped out and started attacking him.
Okay. I realize there are people who agree with him and his approach.

Ok, so I take it you do believe that women are seriously discriminated against in the work place, causing the "pay gap".

Have you at least heard the arguments for his position, and realize that they are not unreasonable?

I'm really having a problem with you dismissing him as " simplistic, ignorant ".

YOu can't have "compromise" or "cooperation" if you just dismiss people.

Especially if you are doing it, because you are accepting without question that the liberal position is so right that no one can reasonable disagree.
I said nothing about the pay gap.

What I saw and heard, in my opinion, was a guy of below-average intelligence blurting out a string of simplistic generalizations so shallow that (a) even Hannity laughed and (b) I wasn't even sure if he was goofing around, maybe playing the role of stereotypical Archie Bunker neanderthal.

There. You asked. I'm not trying to anger or insult you. I was just leaving this alone. That was just my impression. And it is supported by the other videos I posted.

Maybe your guys will beat up enough people and cause enough damage that minds will change.

I have no idea what's going on at this point. I'm just the kid in the cafeteria, trying to eat his lunch during a food fight.

1. The Pay Gap is a generalization. Any point relevant to it, will be a generalization.

2. There is nothing unintelligent about pointing out the different choices women make, in the context of the Pay Gap debate.

3. Hannity did laugh. Because in our current political climate, hearing someone loudly and unabashedly stating the obvious truth, is shocking. I'm sure people gasped and laughed when the child pointed out that the Emperor was not wearing clothes.

4. I'm trying to help you understand. ANd the rise of the Proud Boys is a good thing. This is Middle America refusing to be marginalized by the Regressive Left.
Obviously I'm as anti-Regressive Left as anyone. I just think there are more intelligent ways to go about opposing them.

I think the net result of behavior like this is negative, because it confirms and reinforces stereotypes and divides us even more. I don't think attacks and violence are the answer.

Last edited:
I'm sure glad these guys didn't say what today's parties are saying.
Constitutional-Convention.jpg

Can you honestly Mac, look at what the left is doing and saying today, and say it's both parties that are the problem?
Well yes, obviously.

Is this a trick question?

No, it's not a trick question and your answer is quite a disappointment. I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to reason with you on it.
I see many similarities between the two ends of the spectrum. They are, in no particular order:
  • Myopia
  • Binary thinking
  • Tribal groupthink
  • Personal insults
  • Name-calling
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Distortion
  • Violence
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Outright lies
If you're going to claim that the Right doesn't engage in the above, I don't know what to tell you. That would just be alternate universe stuff to me. If you're going admit that the Right engages in the above, but say that the Left is "even worse", I'm going to respectfully suggest that you clean your own house first.

I don't get why the left insists on being so black and white about everything
Gawd, I love this place.

You think I'm black and white? That's just your bias.
Even in this exact point i'm in the middle, bright guy. I said he is saying hyperbole but there is no doubt there is some truth. Try reading ... and thinking ...

Gawd, I love this place.

Even in this exact point i'm in the middle, bright guy. I said he is saying hyperbole but there is no doubt there is some truth. Try reading ... and thinking ...
Okie doke!

We are seeing a new generation of people who are refusing to be intimidated by the Regressive Left.
It is a good thing.
There's more than one way to do that. But if this group thinks that violence and hyperbole are the way to do it, there's nothing I can do about it. As I said, I think this is the best people can do at this point. We've just devolved to this.

1. I not trying to derail your thread, but you are aware of the validity of the point McInnes raised, right? I think that is important to know. If you are dismissing him as ignorant, for no reason. That is wrong.

2. There is not more than one way to do that. Every other way has failed. People have been talking, for a long time in different ways, and the Left's monopoly on force and the threat of force has not budged until now. Antifa has taken a serious hit.

3 This is not devolution. This is an healthy response to an threat to a society.
McInnes was telling other people, particularly women, what they think, what they should think, and how to live their lives. For their own good. I think we have more than enough authoritarians running around.

We have decided that attacks, hyperbole and violence are the only way to achieve our goals (and I'm still not sure what those are). I don't how that can be intelligently defended. If we're giving up on using our minds, let's at least admit it.

The left does that every time they open their mouths.

1. I not trying to derail your thread, but you are aware of the validity of the point McInnes raised, right? I think that is important to know. If you are dismissing him as ignorant, for no reason. That is wrong.

2. There is not more than one way to do that. Every other way has failed. People have been talking, for a long time in different ways, and the Left's monopoly on force and the threat of force has not budged until now. Antifa has taken a serious hit.

3 This is not devolution. This is an healthy response to an threat to a society.

He made a correct point about how and why women, generally make certain choices (is family over career), and gave his opinion on what that means. He did not give his advice to that specific woman, until she literally asked for it.

It would have been Authoritarian, if he wanted government policy to force that. Which he does not.

It is feminists who want to use government power to force equality of outcome that most women do not want.

He made an intelligent point, and argued it intelligently. The woman is the one that flipped out and started attacking him.

Ok, so I take it you do believe that women are seriously discriminated against in the work place, causing the "pay gap".

Have you at least heard the arguments for his position, and realize that they are not unreasonable?

I'm really having a problem with you dismissing him as " simplistic, ignorant ".

Especially if you are doing it, because you are accepting without question that the liberal position is so right that no one can reasonable disagree.

What I saw and heard, in my opinion, was a guy of below-average intelligence blurting out a string of simplistic generalizations so shallow that (a) even Hannity laughed and (b) I wasn't even sure if he was goofing around, maybe playing the role of stereotypical Archie Bunker neanderthal.

There. You asked. I'm not trying to anger or insult you. I was just leaving this alone. That was just my impression. And it is supported by the other videos I posted.

Maybe your guys will beat up enough people and cause enough damage that minds will change.

I have no idea what's going on at this point. I'm just the kid in the cafeteria, trying to eat his lunch during a food fight.
I would put Gavin's intelligence as superior to yours.

I would put Gavin's intelligence as superior to yours.
Could be!

Gawd, I love this place.

Okie doke!

:rolleyes:

You want to be ignorant
I know, and you have all the answers.

We agree! You're the Man!

1. The Pay Gap is a generalization. Any point relevant to it, will be a generalization.

2. There is nothing unintelligent about pointing out the different choices women make, in the context of the Pay Gap debate.

3. Hannity did laugh. Because in our current political climate, hearing someone loudly and unabashedly stating the obvious truth, is shocking. I'm sure people gasped and laughed when the child pointed out that the Emperor was not wearing clothes.

4. I'm trying to help you understand. ANd the rise of the Proud Boys is a good thing. This is Middle America refusing to be marginalized by the Regressive Left.
Obviously I'm as anti-Regressive Left as anyone. I just think there are more intelligent ways to go about opposing them.

I think the net result of behavior like this is negative, because it confirms and reinforces stereotypes and divides us evenmore. I don't think attacks and violence are the answer.

In the world view being pushed by the feminist, women need to band together to attack men, with the support of the government, to fight back against discrimination. The men are certainly not happy about being attacked. Many will join in the fight against their less progressive brother men.

THAT DIVIDES US, WOMEN VS MEN.

IN McInnes world view, women have the choice to stay home, or work, and to put family ahead of work. The women are NOT told they need to fight back against men. The men are not told they are bad people, and be attacked.

That does NOT divide us. It explains away what falsely looked like a dividing line.

That's a good thing.

Can you honestly Mac, look at what the left is doing and saying today, and say it's both parties that are the problem?
Well yes, obviously.

No, it's not a trick question and your answer is quite a disappointment. I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to reason with you on it.
I see many similarities between the two ends of the spectrum. They are, in no particular order:
  • Myopia
  • Binary thinking
  • Tribal groupthink
  • Personal insults
  • Name-calling
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Distortion
  • Violence
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Outright lies
If you're going to claim that the Right doesn't engage in the above, I don't know what to tell you. That would just be alternate universe stuff to me. If you're going admit that the Right engages in the above, but say that the Left is "even worse", I'm going to respectfully suggest that you clean your own house first.

Those are characteristics of people belonging to virtually every political pursuasion, especially so-called "moderates."

Gawd, I love this place.

Okie doke!

:rolleyes:

You want to be ignorant
I know, and you have all the answers.

We agree! You're the Man!
That isnt remotely what i said, dick

Well yes, obviously.

• Myopia
  • Binary thinking
  • Tribal groupthink
  • Personal insults
  • Name-calling
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Distortion
  • Violence
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Outright lies

You didn't specify in your OP that you were talking about on-line forum arguments. I was referring to the classless, immature, and violent acts by the left in real life. You cannot seriously argue that the right does anything in the least comparable to what the left does. Sitting on the fence, trying to appear above it all may make you feel superior, but it's pretty much worthless actually.

You cannot seriously argue that the right does anything in the least comparable to what the left does. Sitting on the fence, trying to appear above it all may make you feel superior, but it's pretty much worthless actually.
The first and second lines of my sigs are for comments like that.

I have a side of the fence, it's on the opposite side of wingers on both ends who think they and their side have all the answers, and who lack the fundamental capacity to collaborate.

Well yes, obviously.

• Myopia
  • Binary thinking
  • Tribal groupthink
  • Personal insults
  • Name-calling
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Distortion
  • Violence
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Outright lies

The thing is that there's not one spectrum. Well, there is on the left end. Leftists all have the same positions on every issue justified by the same talking points.

But there are different "right" ends. I definitely find the right end of the so-com spectrum to be exactly like leftists. They argue exactly the same way.

The right end of the fiscal conservative spectrum is not. We don't necessarily disagree with what leftists want. Help the poor, have roads, police, affordable healthcare. We just recognize for most things what a terrible deal government is.

You have some logical ability, but you're an emotional lefist, you cant break that constraint. Like here.

kaz: I'm in the middle, they're both partially right

Mac: O ... M ... G, kaz, you are so black and white ...

Idiot

So Planned Parenthood is "tricking" people into getting abortions. The ACLU is tricking people into committing crimes. Got it.

No, not really.

You see, if the NRA was honest, it would tell people straight up that gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. Of course, they don't tell you that. That would be bad for business. They'd also tell their members there's really no point in having a gun to fights them the gummit because the gummit has tanks.

Planned Parenthood tells girls how to use birth control to avoid being preggers, but if that fails, they'll do the abortion.

Sorry you are too stupid to see the difference.

You made up 43, it's not within 10 times that. Most of those are suicides not shooting a family member and they ignore where a gun provides defense without killing anyone.

Um, actually that came from the Kellerman Study. And when the NRA heard about the Kellerman study, they rushed off right to Congress and INSISTED the CDC never, ever do a study like that again!!!

Also, you're deflecting from your moonbat conspiracy theory that there's a national conspiracy of criminals trying to trick people into shooting each other and criminals are going to just take their guns. And remember your ridiculous claim you were in the military? Now you want to not be allowed to have a gun because you're going to shoot people like Yosemite Sam and criminals are going to take your gun from you.

Here's the thing. Before I was allowed to have a gun in the military, I was put through 8 weeks of intensive training. I was only allowed to have the gun and ammunition in very controlled circumstances under the strict supervision of superior officers. You could even say my weapon usage was "Well-Regulated".

Of course, the National Rampage Association wants crooks and crazies to have guns. That way the rest of you tiny dicked fools will be scared and want them, too.

And again, this is your standard, right? So abortions should be illegal for everyone because there are some stupid people out there who will abuse them, so we should all be prohibited from using them? That's what you just said.

Naw, I want stupid people to get abortions. I'm all for the stupids aborting themselves out of the gene pool.

Normally, I'd have no problem with the stupid people offing themselves with guns, but too many of them end up shooting kids in schools or folks who just went out to see a movie.

how do you compromise with people who think partial birth abortion is not murder or that there are dozens of different sexes ?

YOu realize women will get abortions no matter what the law is and it really doesn't matter what gender someone else thinks he is, as it has no effect on your life.

See, that was fucking simple.

Of course, the National Rampage Association wants crooks and crazies to have guns. That way the rest of you tiny dicked fools will be scared and want them, too.

Any crook or crazy worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

Forum List

Back