We could impeach Obama if we default

Not giving in to the demands of bullies is NOT grounds for impeachment

Neither is malfeasance in office or violation of the oath. Which is unfortunate because Obama has done both.

Obama is essentially veto-proof because no one wants to impeach and remove the "first black president."

That would be interesting considering that the Constitution is very clear about what branch of government holds the purse strings.....and which house REALLY holds the purse strings.

So why do you get upset when they want to exercise that power?

I dont see any reason to impeach Obama over this. Bad policy and poor performance are not "high crimes and misdemeanors."
Now, when they get evidence that his campaign ordered the IRS, NSA, and other gov't agencies to suppress GOP votes and target voters for Democratic campagin material, that would rise to the level of impeachable.

Extreme malfeasance of office could be considered a high crime or misdemeanor. If obama deliberately decides not to pay the nation's bills, it would be a criminal act since under the Constitution, the bills have to be paid before anything else.

You may wish to go back to your high school civics class. It's not the President that can decide if a bill is paid or not, it's Congress, because they are the ones holding the purse strings and only they can authorize payments.

Sorry...................but the GOP finally pulled their heads out of their asses tonight and decided to pass a CR as well as extend the debt ceiling for 3 months.

Only trouble is....................how long can this country continue to operate if Congress keeps us going only 3 months at a time?

I'm afraid that the credit rating of the US is going to be downgraded again, and it's going to be for the same reason it was downgraded last time........................the failure of Congress to get it's shit together and stop with the brinksmanship they've been doing with the economy.

I also hope that everyone who voted AGAINST keeping the government going is voted out at their next election.

Forum List

Back