'We do not arrest our political opponents.' Federal judge rules in Ohio case

Joke Briben can arrest anyone running against him as that would make liberal wishes come true and they would feel real good.

Democrats
How will you identify who is a republican, democrat or independent..
You, obviously do not undertand what the revolution was about.
America was a colony of Enland. Americans were not citizens of England. They had no say on the laws enforced against them. Taxation without representation. The revolution was to create a country where the people have a say in government.

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ELIMINATING PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY SAY.

That is closer to Nazi Germany than the American revolution

Don’t give me that cult shit, that just shows how intolerant you are of opposition.
I trust in our system even though it is not perfect. You don't trust the system.
Your solution is to force the system you want but not use the opyions of the system t do so. That is a traitor. A person who wants to destroy our country.

A federal judge this week issued a blistering ruling in favor of a Trumbull County commissioner who was arrested after criticizing the sheriff.

"Here in America, we do not arrest our political opponents," Judge Philip Calabrese wrote in an order filed Wednesday.

Calabrese wrote that the sheriff, the deputies and the other two commissioners violated Republican Commissioner Niki Frenchko's First Amendment rights. Sheriff Paul Monroe, Commissioner Frank Fuda and Commissioner Mauro Cantalamessa are all Democrats. The judge, who was nominated by former president Donald Trump, also found the defendants do not have qualified immunity in this case, meaning they can be sued for monetary damages.

"I was compelled to file this suit because if public officials can use their offices and power to silence me, they can do it to anyone,” Frenchko said in a news release. "This is a tremendous day for freedom of speech, the rule of law, and democracy."

It takes a special kind of public official to do something so egregious to violate the broad protections of qualified immunity.

I think he meant to say "we should not arrest our political opponents" since dems obviously do arrest our political opponents.

Anyway.....Good, do the DOJ next.
Irrelevant. The orange slob wasn't arrested for criticizing somebody.

That would be the defamation cases he keeps losing.

A federal judge this week issued a blistering ruling in favor of a Trumbull County commissioner who was arrested after criticizing the sheriff.

"Here in America, we do not arrest our political opponents," Judge Philip Calabrese wrote in an order filed Wednesday.

Calabrese wrote that the sheriff, the deputies and the other two commissioners violated Republican Commissioner Niki Frenchko's First Amendment rights. Sheriff Paul Monroe, Commissioner Frank Fuda and Commissioner Mauro Cantalamessa are all Democrats. The judge, who was nominated by former president Donald Trump, also found the defendants do not have qualified immunity in this case, meaning they can be sued for monetary damages.

"I was compelled to file this suit because if public officials can use their offices and power to silence me, they can do it to anyone,” Frenchko said in a news release. "This is a tremendous day for freedom of speech, the rule of law, and democracy."

It takes a special kind of public official to do something so egregious to violate the broad protections of qualified immunity.

I think he meant to say "we should not arrest our political opponents" since dems obviously do arrest our political opponents.

The deep state runs deep.

So I take an interest in your thread and go to the site you listed.

And run into an impenetrable Paywall.

Please do do that. Don't ever do that again, please.

Never

Never
Odd I had no trouble reading it....All you had to do was to click the X in the paywall box to get shed of it and read on.....Gee, I just did it again....Real complicated it was. :dunno:

Please don't contact me on such matters if you are too dumb to figure it out on your own........Ever.

Odd I had no trouble reading it....All you had to do was to click the X in the paywall box to get shed of it and read on.....Gee, I just did it again....Real complicated it was. :dunno:

Please don't contact me on such matters if you are too dumb to figure it out on your own........Ever.
Tried it again --

Nothing. It's just bad manners to link a site with a paywall and not warn people about it. I always do. If there's a work-around, I give them that, too.

Maybe you have super-powers the rest of us don't. Thanks for sharing and -- Change your tampon.

You're the first 'conservative' to earn my ignore button. Piss off

Tried it again --

Nothing. It's just bad manners to link a site with a paywall and not warn people about it. I always do. If there's a work-around, I give them that, too.

Maybe you have super-powers the rest of us don't. Thanks for sharing and -- Change your tampon.

You're the first 'conservative' to earn my ignore button. Piss off
LOL....Don't cut yourself with that edge....tho.

Like it's my fault you have ten thumbs and a brain to match.

You and the judge are confused; Being a politician doesn't give you any cover whatsoever. This is why all of the blob's trials should move forward.

Since you're showing no interest in learning the facts of this thread. The plaintiff in this case was falsely arrested and is suing the Sheriff and others for doing so. The initial arrest and case was dismissed and the plaintiff is going after their asses and this judge just gave her the green light. The defendants abused their authority and committed civil rights violation and deserve to pay. Now, are you going to address the topic of the thread or are you going to deflect again?

Your response has ZERO to do with the topic of the thread or the FACT that Trump's challenges were heard and denied.

And his "electors" were not chosen by legal means which means his "electors" were in fact a fraud.

Actually the thread has nothing to do with Trump, but a counsel woman in Ohio.

Last edited:

Never

If you want background on the case see post 67.

I just tried that and there was no X to get rid of the paywall.

I just tried that and there was no X to get rid of the paywall.

Then you must be as stupid as I was told I am.

Maybe it's Comcast. Or Xfinity. Or the fact we're too far outside the Paper's distribution area. Or maybe, just maybe, the OP is an idiot that doesn't give a shit about the rest of the board.

If it were me, and I realized I F'ed up like that, I'd find another link and put it in here.

But that won't do me any good now. I put the moron on 'ignore'.

Don't think I'm gonna miss a lot

Since you're showing no interest in learning the facts of this thread. The plaintiff in this case was falsely arrested and is suing the Sheriff and others for doing so. The initial arrest and case was dismissed and the plaintiff is going after their asses and this judge just gave her the green light. The defendants abused their authority and committed civil rights violation and deserve to pay. Now, are you going to address the topic of the thread or are you going to deflect again?

That is not the case for Trump.

Then you must be as stupid as I was told I am.

Maybe it's Comcast. Or Xfinity. Or the fact we're too far outside the Paper's distribution area. Or maybe, just maybe, the OP is an idiot that doesn't give a shit about the rest of the board.

If it were me, and I realized I F'ed up like that, I'd find another link and put it in here.

But that won't do me any good now. I put the moron on 'ignore'.

Don't think I'm gonna miss a lot

The OP gives a pretty good description of the current suit, I posted a link that shows what led up to the suit. I wanted to know why she was arrested and the disposition of that case. The link I posted explains all that.

Forum List

Back