🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it?

Republicans control congress, what are they going to do about our mass shooting problem?

We have a Muslim problem. It's time to stop importing more of the problem.

Didn't the repubs already stop that? The vast majority of our mass shootings aren't Muslim. Repubs control congress, what are they going to do about it?

Why nothing. Just like the Dems would do.

There is nothing you can do about people with the mindset to pick up a weapon and use it.

There are more than enough laws on the books pertaining to guns and gun purchase.

Unless of course an idiot like you would like the 2nd Amendment to disappear and remove all guns from Americans. Of course that would make us just like an unarmed Europe.

Doubt that would happen but a fool like you can always hope.

What makes you think "passing a bill" will prevent mass shootings?

What makes you think "passing a bill" WON'T prevent mass shootings?

Today, somebody broke the law

The shooters are ALREADY breaking the law!!!! Do you really think they give a rats ass about breaking a law once they decide to commit these crimes?
What EXACTLY will passing another law to be broken accomplish??? How exactly will it PREVENT another shooting?

The common thread with these mass shooters is they suffer from mental problems few if any seek help or check themselves into a mental hospital and you can't involuntarily commit people so unless you are willing to support passage of law that does permit people to be involuntarily committed which the ACLU and other civil rights groups would be sure to challenge in court there is very little Congress can do.
That's true but in this case the got got radicalized in fundamental Islam. Grew a beard, got the mail order jihad bride, tactical gear, etc. ISIS has changed tactics due to the high costs of running an army and the terrorism aspect of hitting people where they live and are recruiting people via social media and motivating them to do their thing at home.

The common thread with these mass shooters is they suffer from mental problems few if any seek help or check themselves into a mental hospital and you can't involuntarily commit people so unless you are willing to support passage of law that does permit people to be involuntarily committed which the ACLU and other civil rights groups would be sure to challenge in court there is very little Congress can do.

Is that what they should do then?
If your asking should Congress pass a bill allowing for people to be involuntarily committed they could try if it got through the House and Senate I highly doubt President Obama would sign it into law.

But if it was popular with the people Dems would look bad. Repubs could say Dems won't do anything. Now it looks like repubs do nothing.
That's a very big if I don't think it would get much support from most Democrats out there or the libertarian types.

Are you a nut, Marty? If not, I don't care if you have a gun or not. It's the nuts that shouldn't have them.

Then how do you propose stopping them without restricting me?
Like I mentioned yesterday, hire more people to run background checks. Currently, after three days if the feds don't get back to you, you get your gun no matter if you have a record or not. One of the recent mass shooters was able to buy weapons because of that. Also, gun shows.

and again, until NYC stops infringing on my rights, not one step fucking back.

FYI, do we know if this idiot would have failed a background check or not?
No idea. You could add "traveled to middle eastern country within the last three years" to the list of disqualifying things.

There is this little thing called "due process" that has to be followed when removing the rights from a person.
How about we remove their voting rights, their trial by jury rights, and their 4th amendment rights at the same time?
Isn't it a choice to travel to a middle eastern country?

Arm more nuts. I read in the paper today that the US averaged one mass shooting per day this year.

Republican Plan to avoid mass shootings

1. More guns
2. Ban Muslims
3. Build a wall

Not quite moron. That is just something that exists only in your alleged mind.

The truth:
1. More guns
2. Identify the enemy.
3. Deport the known enemies.
4. Wage real war.
Most mass shooters are white male citizens. Where are we going to deport them to?

They aren't the enemy. That is a worthless statistic.
Sure they are.

Discount Detroit, Philly, DC, New Orleans, Chicago and LA and the homicide rate is practically non existent....

I see that the Democrats still virulently oppose the only method that has actually worked to reduce mass shootings: Letting everybody carry who wants to. Most people still wouldn't bother, but a few would.

The nutcases doing these mass shootings have the goal of racking up huge body counts, to terrorize the population and/or get lurid headlines for weeks after they're dead. And the nutcase wanting to shoot up the next school or shopping mall or post office (or French concert hall or café or soccer stadium or Calif mental institute), would know there's a probably a few armed people in the crowd he's about to attack. And he won't know which ones they are, or what direction a bullet might come from.

And most of the recent mass shooters have carefully avoided places where there might be armed people on the premises, choosing so-called "gun free zones" where the liberals' laws are in full effect. They don't want to do their crimes in an area where there's a pretty good chance someone might stop them before they achieve their desired body counts.

Why do these leftist fanatics keep pushing their failed "solutions" after it has become obvious they don't work, and avoiding the solutions that do work?

The last sentence of the below quote says it all:

"According to a careful analysis of data on mass shootings (using the widely accepted definition of at least four killed), the Congressional Research Service found that there are, on average, just over 20 incidents annually. More important, the increase in cases, if there was one at all, is negligible. Indeed, the only genuine increase is in hype and hysteria."

James Alan Fox: Umpqua shooting - a tragedy, not a trend

Is that what they should do then?
If your asking should Congress pass a bill allowing for people to be involuntarily committed they could try if it got through the House and Senate I highly doubt President Obama would sign it into law.

But if it was popular with the people Dems would look bad. Repubs could say Dems won't do anything. Now it looks like repubs do nothing.
That's a very big if I don't think it would get much support from most Democrats out there or the libertarian types.

So you don't think it would be popular?

Then how do you propose stopping them without restricting me?
Like I mentioned yesterday, hire more people to run background checks. Currently, after three days if the feds don't get back to you, you get your gun no matter if you have a record or not. One of the recent mass shooters was able to buy weapons because of that. Also, gun shows.

and again, until NYC stops infringing on my rights, not one step fucking back.

FYI, do we know if this idiot would have failed a background check or not?
No idea. You could add "traveled to middle eastern country within the last three years" to the list of disqualifying things.

There is this little thing called "due process" that has to be followed when removing the rights from a person.
How about we remove their voting rights, their trial by jury rights, and their 4th amendment rights at the same time?
Isn't it a choice to travel to a middle eastern country?

Why should you have to give up your RKBA or any other right because you travel somewhere?

Republicans control congress, what are they going to do about our mass shooting problem?

We have a Muslim problem. It's time to stop importing more of the problem.

Didn't the repubs already stop that? The vast majority of our mass shootings aren't Muslim. Repubs control congress, what are they going to do about it?

Why nothing. Just like the Dems would do.

There is nothing you can do about people with the mindset to pick up a weapon and use it.

There are more than enough laws on the books pertaining to guns and gun purchase.

Unless of course an idiot like you would like the 2nd Amendment to disappear and remove all guns from Americans. Of course that would make us just like an unarmed Europe.

Doubt that would happen but a fool like you can always hope.

Oh? And what have I said that makes me a fool? All I did was ask a question. If nothing is the answer that is fine.

So this is a Republican issue, and all along I thought this was Baby Bush's fault. So what would the Dem's do, create another gun free zone, outlaw guns, retract the second amendment? Seems to be working rather well. The underlying issue is political correctness, being offended, mental instability, narcissism, coupled with the fear of economic uncertainty. During recessions and hard times people see no opportunity, solutions, they become focused on the center of their world and as one once coined going postal.
As for comments that terrorism was a possibility, this was brought to the forefront by the FBI and local police as a possibility, not FOX news or anyone else reporting the events as they unfolded.
Now as for the idiot on the hill, it must be due to global warming.

Forum List

Back