🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it?

Repubs want to tighten up immigration laws.

If the USA had followed and surveyed this guy when he came back from Saudi Arabia with a new Muslim wife, but no the Dem's would be totally against this in congress.

They control congress, what have they proposed?

Where have you been?
House passes bill to block Syrian refugees, require more vetting
The House passed a bill Thursday to halt the admission of Syrian refugees into the U.S. until they undergo a more stringent vetting process — the strictest ever required for people fleeing a war-torn nation.

Ok how many Syrian refugees have committed mass shootings in the US?

Syrians are Muslims, are the not?? And last I heard the Muslim terrorists have been killing people all over the world.

Guess you are willing to take the chance that some of the Syrian "refugees" aren't terrorists looking to get into the USA.

I'm not.

That didn't answer my question at all.

That doesn't answer the question. Is your answer Nothing then?
Who knows what they will ATTEMPT to do, since they seem to be afraid of their own shadows. What will actually get DONE, however, is up to both a Republican legislature, which has neither a veto nor filibuster proof majority, AND a democrat president who has shown himself to be completely unable to step outside his rigid ideology and compromise to pass effective legislation. IOW, there will a lot of shouting and finger pointing, and maybe the loss of more freedoms, none of which will stop the next shooter. The best we can hope for is for more concealed carry permit holders.

We have more permit holders and the problem is getting worse...
Only if the permit holders are the ones doing the killing. Can you show that they are?

Huh? We have more permit holders and more mass shootings. I didn't say it was holders doing the shooting, but it doesn't seem to be slowing them either.
When there are more permit holders in the victim group, fewer people die, because there is someone with the means to stop the killing. Clearly, gun free zones are not the answer.

So are repubs going to end gun free zones? Will they force corporations to allow guns?

Who knows what they will ATTEMPT to do, since they seem to be afraid of their own shadows. What will actually get DONE, however, is up to both a Republican legislature, which has neither a veto nor filibuster proof majority, AND a democrat president who has shown himself to be completely unable to step outside his rigid ideology and compromise to pass effective legislation. IOW, there will a lot of shouting and finger pointing, and maybe the loss of more freedoms, none of which will stop the next shooter. The best we can hope for is for more concealed carry permit holders.

Only if the permit holders are the ones doing the killing. Can you show that they are?

Huh? We have more permit holders and more mass shootings. I didn't say it was holders doing the shooting, but it doesn't seem to be slowing them either.
When there are more permit holders in the victim group, fewer people die, because there is someone with the means to stop the killing. Clearly, gun free zones are not the answer.

So are repubs going to end gun free zones? Will they force corporations to allow guns?
When are republicans going to propose anything?

If the USA had followed and surveyed this guy when he came back from Saudi Arabia with a new Muslim wife, but no the Dem's would be totally against this in congress.

Where have you been?
The House passed a bill Thursday to halt the admission of Syrian refugees into the U.S. until they undergo a more stringent vetting process — the strictest ever required for people fleeing a war-torn nation.

Syrians are Muslims, are the not?? And last I heard the Muslim terrorists have been killing people all over the world.

Guess you are willing to take the chance that some of the Syrian "refugees" aren't terrorists looking to get into the USA.

I'm not.

If you need that ridiculous question answered then watch the news.

Where have you been?

I'm not.

I'm not aware of any Syrian refugees committing a mass shooting in the US. Link?

If they really think gun free zones are the problem then they control congress.

I want to know what, if anything republicans are going to do. I am an independent and have not suggested anything on this thread.
I see that the Democrats still virulently oppose the only method that has actually worked to reduce mass shootings: Letting everybody carry who wants to. Most people still wouldn't bother, but a few would.

The nutcases doing these mass shootings have the goal of racking up huge body counts, to terrorize the population and/or get lurid headlines for weeks after they're dead. And the nutcase wanting to shoot up the next school or shopping mall or post office (or French concert hall or café or soccer stadium or Calif mental institute), would know there's a probably a few armed people in the crowd he's about to attack. And he won't know which ones they are, or what direction a bullet might come from.

And most of the recent mass shooters have carefully avoided places where there might be armed people on the premises, choosing so-called "gun free zones" where the liberals' laws are in full effect. They don't want to do their crimes in an area where there's a pretty good chance someone might stop them before they achieve their desired body counts.

So, what conservatives will do, is obey the Constitution and let any law-abiding adult carry who wants to. Most still won't bother, but a few will. And that will make all the difference, as murderers realize they probably won't be able to get their large body counts any more.

Why do these leftist fanatics keep pushing their failed "solutions" after it has become obvious they don't work, and avoiding the solutions that do work?

Where have you been?

I'm not.

I'm not aware of any Syrian refugees committing a mass shooting in the US. Link?

God your funny. There is nothing on the news because it hasn't happened.

Yet.

I see that the Democrats still virulently oppose the only method that has actually worked to reduce mass shootings: Letting everybody carry who wants to. Most people still wouldn't bother, but a few would.

The nutcases doing these mass shootings have the goal of racking up huge body counts, to terrorize the population and/or get lurid headlines for weeks after they're dead. And the nutcase wanting to shoot up the next school or shopping mall or post office (or French concert hall or café or soccer stadium or Calif mental institute), would know there's a probably a few armed people in the crowd he's about to attack. And he won't know which ones they are, or what direction a bullet might come from.

And most of the recent mass shooters have carefully avoided places where there might be armed people on the premises, choosing so-called "gun free zones" where the liberals' laws are in full effect. They don't want to do their crimes in an area where there's a pretty good chance someone might stop them before they achieve their desired body counts.

So, what conservatives will do, is obey the Constitution and let any law-abiding adult carry who wants to. Most still won't bother, but a few will. And that will make all the difference, as murderers realize they probably won't be able to get their large body counts any more.

Why do these leftist fanatics keep pushing their failed "solutions" after it has become obvious they don't work, and avoiding the solutions that do work?

I agree with someone being on a no-fly list should not be able to purchase a gun. That's common sense.

But I want to know what DEMOCRATS are going to do about terrorism? Obviously this was another Muslim American citizen that was obviously radicalized. I don't think we should let more into this country.

If we can't VET the Muslims that are already here, you're not going to VET with 100% certainty the ones that are not here yet.

20151121_mm_0.jpg

Dems control California...what did they do to stop it? Passed some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and it still happened.
Then what is the republican answer? They control congress.

What do YOU propose be done? I'm guessing total gun ban? It will never happen, it's a leftist pipe dream

I'm not proposing anything. I want to known what republicans are going to do.

Nothing...everybody will point fingers, scream and yell and in a few days life will go on, until the next time and then it will repeat like it has for years

Democrats want guns gone....
No guns for anyone other then military and law enforcement....
They just don't have the balls to come out and say it but it's what they want.
Of course it will not happen but it's their desire....

That's the Dems solution.

I'm not.

God your funny. There is nothing on the news because it hasn't happened.

Yet.

So your answer to our mass shooting problem is to stop people from coming here who are not part of the problem?? How will that lower the rate of mass shootings?

Where have you been?

It about the Jihadists using refugees to hide amongst them.
What is so wrong with wanting to make sure Jihadists are not getting into this country by having a better vetting process?

Dems control California...what did they do to stop it? Passed some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and it still happened.
Then what is the republican answer? They control congress.

What do YOU propose be done? I'm guessing total gun ban? It will never happen, it's a leftist pipe dream

I'm not proposing anything. I want to known what republicans are going to do.

Nothing...everybody will point fingers, scream and yell and in a few days life will go on, until the next time and then it will repeat like it has for years

Democrats want guns gone....
No guns for anyone other then military and law enforcement....
They just don't have the balls to come out and say it but it's what they want.
Of course it will not happen but it's their desire....

That's the Dems solution.

Repubs seem to lack the balls to do anything.

So your answer to our mass shooting problem is to stop people from coming here who are not part of the problem?? How will that lower the rate of mass shootings?

Where have you been?

It about the Jihadists using refugees to hide amongst them.
What is so wrong with wanting to make sure Jihadists are not getting into this country by having a better vetting process?

I don't see what it has to do with our mass shooting problem.

So they will force corporations to allow guns?

OK

Why doesn't the Republican congress propose that?

Why won't they do something other than pass repeal Obamacare

Forum List

Back