🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it?

Republicans control congress, what are they going to do about our mass shooting problem?

Not much, anything we try to do, Obama would veto and the democrats would back him, so more people will die.

That shouldn't stop them from trying. It is their job after all.

They may yet try. Now that the shooting yesterday happened. Donald Trump wants to try, and so does Ted Cruz, but they can't do anything yet.

Repubs control congress.

Jesus, really? You do realize that they don't have a veto-proof majority don't you? Think for once.

So make the pres veto then. It is their job.

big country , big population and the importation of weird religion is part of the problem . Stop the importation of weird religion like 'islam' Brian .

But they really aren't much of the problem. Most mass shooters are white males...

That's just a stupid and worthless statistic. Tell that to the families of the people who were killed by muslims yesterday.

Here are the facts as they are known at this time:

1) Unlike Rafael Cruz, the shooter was born in the USA.

2) It was a husband-wife team.

3) The man worked at the workplace where the shooting took place, and apparently even attended the party before getting into an argument and leaving. He then returned and went postal on their asses.

4) It takes less than a minute to shoot up a room. There is no police response on the planet which could get there in that time. It takes no military training to shoot up a room and get away before the cops show up.

5) The weapons were all legally purchased.

Not much, anything we try to do, Obama would veto and the democrats would back him, so more people will die.

They may yet try. Now that the shooting yesterday happened. Donald Trump wants to try, and so does Ted Cruz, but they can't do anything yet.

Repubs control congress.

Jesus, really? You do realize that they don't have a veto-proof majority don't you? Think for once.

Ok, you are just too stupid to talk to.

Dismissed.

well, it took a long time for things to get this way, its not something that can just be legislated away though. there are several roots to the problems.

big country , big population and the importation of weird religion is part of the problem . Stop the importation of weird religion like 'islam' Brian .

But they really aren't much of the problem. Most mass shooters are white males...

That's just a stupid and worthless statistic. Tell that to the families of the people who were killed by muslims yesterday.

How is it worthless? Deporting them when they aren't the problem solves nothing.

and , sorry for the dead and the families but if this had to happen its good to see that a couple muslims did this work . Its a good example of muslim jihad for Americans to see !!

Repubs control congress.

Ok, you are just too stupid to talk to.

Dismissed.

I see so they should just whine.

I'd say my fellow citizen, the shit that killed 14 people yesterday, is a nut. How about you? Do you think he's just peachy?

And he got what was coming to him, so did his asshole wife. But you want to lump all of us in with him when it comes to who can get a gun, and how easily.

I'm sorry, but there is no reason to make me wait 3-6 months for a fucking revolver for my house because you think i "might/could/maybe/possibly" turn out to be a nutter.
Are you a nut, Marty? If not, I don't care if you have a gun or not. It's the nuts that shouldn't have them.

Then how do you propose stopping them without restricting me?
Like I mentioned yesterday, hire more people to run background checks. Currently, after three days if the feds don't get back to you, you get your gun no matter if you have a record or not. One of the recent mass shooters was able to buy weapons because of that. Also, gun shows.

How can you possibly believe that background check are going to work? We already have background checks and they don't work. NONE of the people who committed these acts bought their guns without a background check. Not these muslim killers, not the Sandy Hook killer, none of them. I refuse to believe that you are that stupid.
Then hold gun owners that sell without background checks accountable.

well, it took a long time for things to get this way, its not something that can just be legislated away though. there are several roots to the problems.

Yes so shouldn't they do some studies or something? Find out the root and start some fixes?

Here are the facts as they are known at this time:

1) Unlike Rafael Cruz, the shooter was born in the USA.

2) It was a husband-wife team.

3) The man worked at the workplace where the shooting took place, and apparently even attended the party before getting into an argument and leaving. He then returned and went postal on their asses.

4) It takes less than a minute to shoot up a room. There is no police response on the planet which could get there in that time. It takes no military training to shoot up a room and get away before the cops show up.

5) The weapons were all legally purchased.

1. Irrelevant.
2. Also irrelevant.
3. You are trying to imply that it was on impulse when a modicum of intelligence would have told you it was planned out in advance.
4. True, but not really relevant.
5. True and important. Gun control will always fail to stop terrorism.

I'd say my fellow citizen, the shit that killed 14 people yesterday, is a nut. How about you? Do you think he's just peachy?

And he got what was coming to him, so did his asshole wife. But you want to lump all of us in with him when it comes to who can get a gun, and how easily.

I'm sorry, but there is no reason to make me wait 3-6 months for a fucking revolver for my house because you think i "might/could/maybe/possibly" turn out to be a nutter.
Are you a nut, Marty? If not, I don't care if you have a gun or not. It's the nuts that shouldn't have them.

Like I mentioned yesterday, hire more people to run background checks. Currently, after three days if the feds don't get back to you, you get your gun no matter if you have a record or not. One of the recent mass shooters was able to buy weapons because of that. Also, gun shows.

and again, until NYC stops infringing on my rights, not one step fucking back.

FYI, do we know if this idiot would have failed a background check or not?
No idea. You could add "traveled to middle eastern country within the last three years" to the list of disqualifying things.

Arm more nuts. I read in the paper today that the US averaged one mass shooting per day this year.

Republican Plan to avoid mass shootings

1. More guns
2. Ban Muslims
3. Build a wall

Not quite moron. That is just something that exists only in your alleged mind.

The truth:
1. More guns
2. Identify the enemy.
3. Deport the known enemies.
4. Wage real war.
Most mass shooters are white male citizens. Where are we going to deport them to?

How can you possibly believe that background check are going to work? We already have background checks and they don't work. NONE of the people who committed these acts bought their guns without a background check. Not these muslim killers, not the Sandy Hook killer, none of them. I refuse to believe that you are that stupid.
Then hold gun owners that sell without background checks accountable.

Fine, but how does that stop these mass shootings?

Repubs control congress.

You started this thread brain, what would you like to see done? Do you think passing another law is going to stop attempts at killing numbers of people that either are brain washed into thinking it is their duty to harm people of a certain skin color or belief; or they are just crazy and all they need is someone to say something that is perceived as an insult? What EXACTLY to you think needs to happen?

and these jihad example are all over the Western world . Paris at Bataclan , Charlie Hebdo and many many other examples in all the Western world . Plus look what jihad does to muslim desert home lands . Why import that jihad and weird religion to the USA and the West ?? See 'Breslan' school massacre in Russia a few years ago . All done by muslims . See the Boston bombings .

Arm more nuts. I read in the paper today that the US averaged one mass shooting per day this year.

Republican Plan to avoid mass shootings

1. More guns
2. Ban Muslims
3. Build a wall

Not quite moron. That is just something that exists only in your alleged mind.

The truth:
1. More guns
2. Identify the enemy.
3. Deport the known enemies.
4. Wage real war.
Most mass shooters are white male citizens. Where are we going to deport them to?

They aren't the enemy. That is a worthless statistic.

Repubs control congress.

You started this thread brain, what would you like to see done? Do you think passing another law is going to stop attempts at killing numbers of people that either are brain washed into thinking it is their duty to harm people of a certain skin color or belief; or they are just crazy and all they need is someone to say something that is perceived as an insult? What EXACTLY to you think needs to happen?
I think that Brian is looking to kiss the azz of gun controllers and muslim jihadists .

The common thread with these mass shooters is they suffer from mental problems few if any seek help or check themselves into a mental hospital and you can't involuntarily commit people so unless you are willing to support passage of law that does permit people to be involuntarily committed which the ACLU and other civil rights groups would be sure to challenge in court there is very little Congress can do.

Is that what they should do then?
If your asking should Congress pass a bill allowing for people to be involuntarily committed they could try if it got through the House and Senate I highly doubt President Obama would sign it into law.

Forum List

Back