🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it?

Republicans control congress, what are they going to do about our mass shooting problem?
Ban all guns, and send SWAT teams from house to house with no-knock warrants to go in and confiscate all guns found. Then repeat the raids on a monthly (but random) basis, to make sure nobody acquires more. This will require hiring millions of new Gun Police officers, with powers to go anywhere and do anything. Enact severe penalties, including life without parole for repeat offenders. And make any possession of a gun during a crime, whether the gun is used or not, a capital offense.

It's the only thing that will "do something about our mass shooting problem."

Do I hear an AMEN???

Arm more nuts. I read in the paper today that the US averaged one mass shooting per day this year.

at this rate, citizens are going to need government issued flak jackets as a part of our comprehensive preventive health insurance.

Despite only accounting for five percent of the global population, an astounding 31 percent of the world's mass shootings occur in the U.S.

There Have Been More Mass Shootings Than Days This Year

Republicans have passed 60 repeal Obamacare bills

When are they going to pass a bill to do something about mass shootings?

Ban all guns, and send SWAT teams from house to house with no-knock warrants to go in and confiscate all guns found. Then repeat the raids on a monthly (but random) basis, to make sure nobody acquires more. This will require hiring millions of new Gun Police officers, with powers to go anywhere and do anything. Enact severe penalties, including life without parole for repeat offenders. And make any possession of a gun during a crime, whether the gun is used or not, a capital offense.

Do I hear an AMEN???

scarecrow1.jpg

And he got what was coming to him, so did his asshole wife. But you want to lump all of us in with him when it comes to who can get a gun, and how easily.

I'm sorry, but there is no reason to make me wait 3-6 months for a fucking revolver for my house because you think i "might/could/maybe/possibly" turn out to be a nutter.
Are you a nut, Marty? If not, I don't care if you have a gun or not. It's the nuts that shouldn't have them.

Then how do you propose stopping them without restricting me?
Like I mentioned yesterday, hire more people to run background checks. Currently, after three days if the feds don't get back to you, you get your gun no matter if you have a record or not. One of the recent mass shooters was able to buy weapons because of that. Also, gun shows.

and again, until NYC stops infringing on my rights, not one step fucking back.

FYI, do we know if this idiot would have failed a background check or not?
No idea. You could add "traveled to middle eastern country within the last three years" to the list of disqualifying things.

There is this little thing called "due process" that has to be followed when removing the rights from a person.
How about we remove their voting rights, their trial by jury rights, and their 4th amendment rights at the same time?

When are they going to pass a bill to prevent mass shootings?
What makes you think "passing a bill" will prevent mass shootings?

Did you miss your weekly Flat Earth Society meeting?

Liberal fanatics have already passed countless bills purporting to "do something about" mass shootings.

Note the results: Mass shooting are continuing unabated, and even increasing.

The liberals stubbornly refuse to notice the pattern.

Republicans control congress, what are they going to do about our mass shooting problem?

Do I hear an AMEN???

I'll give you an AMEN for the fact that you know diddly shit about our constitution. HINT: Read the portion about search and seizures.

When are they going to pass a bill to prevent mass shootings?
What makes you think "passing a bill" will prevent mass shootings?

Did you miss your weekly Flat Earth Society meeting?

Liberal fanatics have already passed countless bills purporting to "do something about" mass shootings.

Note the results: Mass shooting are continuing unabated, and even increasing.

The liberals stubbornly refuse to notice the pattern.

You control Congress Republicans....Do something!

Why do Republicasn block legislation to keep terrorists from buying guns?
Why do they block all studies of gun violence?

Do they even care?

The common thread with these mass shooters is they suffer from mental problems few if any seek help or check themselves into a mental hospital and you can't involuntarily commit people so unless you are willing to support passage of law that does permit people to be involuntarily committed which the ACLU and other civil rights groups would be sure to challenge in court there is very little Congress can do.

Is that what they should do then?
If your asking should Congress pass a bill allowing for people to be involuntarily committed they could try if it got through the House and Senate I highly doubt President Obama would sign it into law.

But if it was popular with the people Dems would look bad. Repubs could say Dems won't do anything. Now it looks like repubs do nothing.

Do I hear an AMEN???

I'll give you an AMEN for the fact that you know diddly shit about our constitution. HINT: Read the portion about search and seizures.
The danger we face much more important than some antiquated document. We'll have to give up some of our liberties to secure some safety, however temporary.

Hopefully brush off the Democrats into the ditch in the next election, wake up, and deal with crimes and criminals as they should be dealt with.

They are in control of congress now. What are you proposing they should do?
What will obama do?
Push for gun control I assume.
Meaning what?

Forum List

Back