We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

I think there's a happy medium between "do absolutely nothing about the virus and just keep the economy going", and what we're doing now--which is basically bring the economy to a screeching halt.

IMO we have done TOO much to halt the virus and we're doing untold damage to the economy. It has to be reversed NOW. The economic destruction is moving faster than the virus is spreading.

Translation.

"Trump fucked this up, people are now having to take more drastic measures than they would have if he had been competent, and the economy is crashing, which means we're going to need the Democrats to fix it- AGAIN!"
Basically. But they'll support him all the way.

Trump is a real life pied piper. And these Trumpettes are the rats following him of a cliff.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

I think there's a happy medium between "do absolutely nothing about the virus and just keep the economy going", and what we're doing now--which is basically bring the economy to a screeching halt.

IMO we have done TOO much to halt the virus and we're doing untold damage to the economy. It has to be reversed NOW. The economic destruction is moving faster than the virus is spreading.

The virus is spreading very quickly.

View attachment 313818
This is bad. This is very bad.

The economic destruction is spreading even faster, trust me
I’m worried about people’s lives. What are you worried about?

Libs are concerned that this isn't sticking to Trump.
Link?

More people will numerically infected. That’s what happens when anything spreads across any Nation.
Liberals are again blending hard numbers and percentages
If the virus is dominant in an area of 2,000,000 and 5,000 become infected then spreads to an area of 4,000,000 and 10,000 become infected then that’s not an increase; it’s proportionate.
And how many hospital beds? How are the severely ill all going to get care?

How is it that, after all this time, you appear to know exactly fuck all about any of this?

So far, the severely ill are not in great enough numbers to tax our resources. And trying to prevent those numbers from growing to that level all at once is the whole point of all this quarantining and social distancing, in case you missed it.

the dem/lib comments on this are not aimed at finding ways to curb or stop the spread of the virus. they are solely political bullshit aimed at trying to make Trump look bad and help elect old senile corrupt incompetent Biden
fk dude, even the doctors that come on the tv to give their updates. where the fk is their responsibility in all of this? Why didn't their hospitals reach out for supplies? WTF, throw over the fence and say hey the president didn't tell us? WTF. I'm done listening to nonsense from Dr.s that are politicizing this. it's almost everyone of them. They should be Offering advice recommendations, helping getting material for their local medical personnel not getting on tv and bitching that they need shit. Go fking get it. You know what they'll find, none was manufactured at a volume for the demand. And, that isn't trump's fault. The CDC's or anyone in the fed gov. Nope, the local hospitals set the volume based on their volume. they only maintained two weeks of inventory. Don't they have any responsibility to think about an outbreak? why is this only trump?
Its crystal clear to see, that you have COMPLETELY lost your cotton-pickin' mind.

In the past the stupidity of JC456 and others like him/her was frustrating and funny at the same time. It is no longer funny.
It threatens to undermine our country. I truly wonder if they could be foreign agents.
We will get to the other side of this virus but the JC456's are making it more difficult and are undermining the US mandated response. They are ignoring the directions of their messiah, Trump. If they are Americans, they are traitors in the strongest sense.

There you go assuming facts not in evidence.

It's this doomsday preaching that is causing the panic.

BE RATIONAL

I don't make the projections, dope.
You are speculating what the death rate might be

And FYI the death rate is an entirely unreliable stat.

Since only the sickest people get tested and the fact that there is no way to know how many people had the virus and recovered never seeking medical care because their symptoms were mild or nonexistent, the lethality rate cannot be accurately calculated

the other factor that cannot be measured is how many of these people with other conditions would have died anyway. did the virus hasten their deaths or was it simply one of several causes? No way to know.

A lot of the victims of the Obama-Biden Plague seem to be folks with serious co-morbidities. Respiratory bugs can be a lot more serious for people walking around with emphysema or heart failure.

It's not news to normal people that pneumonia is a major killer of the elderly, and can set in with almost any sort of illness. Hell, I knew a guy in his twenties, otherwise healthy, who got an open wound in his leg and ended up with pneumonia during his hospital stay.

And unless I'm badly misreading the news reports, it's the onset of pneumonia that's killing the people who die from contracting coronavirus.
Without a doubt, your dumb ass is badly misreading the news reports.

Not really.

All it shows is that more testing has been done.

The vast majority of people who contract COVID19 will not die and many of them will have symptoms so minor they will not need to seek medical attention

Unfortunately that’s just not the case. Due to lack of testing availability, only the sickest people are tested. As you say, the majority don’t seek medical attention meaning the number is FAR higher.

so what, the number of unreported common colds is also very high. People with few or no symptoms are not going to get tested or report sick.
'

you libs keep whining about the lack of test kits. Tell us how the govt should have prepared millions of test kits for a virus that no one even knew would exist.

Hell man, test kits are just nasal swabs that are no different than those used for the typical influenza.

We had a few months to build up a capacity before it hit us. We are pretty far behind.

Most people who are infected with influenza never get tested , never get a nasal swab. They aren't that ill, most don't go to the doctor, and even those who do are usually not tested. With no cure, supportive and symptomatic care is all that is needed. Making the case "officially" an influenza is no benefit to the patient.

I find it hard to believe there’s still people out there saying this is no big deal. Crazy.
That's how deep Trumpism rots the brain.

Your inability to grasp simple information is apparent. Your ability to recognize and understand that shortcoming makes you retarded.

I just heard, "You're stupid for not just believing me because I say so."

I'm simply passing on readily available information. It is your own incompetence that doesn't allow you to see that.

No, you're simply passing on the overreactions that you picked and chose. It is your own ignorant worldview that doesn't allow you to see that.

So the Trump admin is overreacting?
Something something something, the media made him.

That’s the excuse I got so far from them.
#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

There are not tests which can differentiate one coronavirus from another
Of course there are. We have completely mapped the RNA of covid-19. Are you referring to field tests of infected people? You should be more clear, or you're right, others won't be able to follow.

But even if that is what you meant, you're still wrong. Yes, the tests identify covid-19, not just an infection of a virus from the Corona family.
There are no tests to differentiate an acute infection from a previous exposure
No idea what this nonsense means or how it is relevant. I doubt you do, either.

If you are immunocompromised or malnourished take whatever precautions your health care provider ordered but don't demand that the nation be brought to standstill.
Actually, they do. Scientists recommend precisely this, to slow the exponential growth of the number of cases, so that our hospitals are not overwhelmed. But you're about to post your crack research that shows otherwise, right?
Like I said, Trumpism COMPLETELY rots the brain.

And how many hospital beds? How are the severely ill all going to get care?

How is it that, after all this time, you appear to know exactly fuck all about any of this?

So far, the severely ill are not in great enough numbers to tax our resources. And trying to prevent those numbers from growing to that level all at once is the whole point of all this quarantining and social distancing, in case you missed it.

the dem/lib comments on this are not aimed at finding ways to curb or stop the spread of the virus. they are solely political bullshit aimed at trying to make Trump look bad and help elect old senile corrupt incompetent Biden
fk dude, even the doctors that come on the tv to give their updates. where the fk is their responsibility in all of this? Why didn't their hospitals reach out for supplies? WTF, throw over the fence and say hey the president didn't tell us? WTF. I'm done listening to nonsense from Dr.s that are politicizing this. it's almost everyone of them. They should be Offering advice recommendations, helping getting material for their local medical personnel not getting on tv and bitching that they need shit. Go fking get it. You know what they'll find, none was manufactured at a volume for the demand. And, that isn't trump's fault. The CDC's or anyone in the fed gov. Nope, the local hospitals set the volume based on their volume. they only maintained two weeks of inventory. Don't they have any responsibility to think about an outbreak? why is this only trump?
Its crystal clear to see, that you have COMPLETELY lost your cotton-pickin' mind.

In the past the stupidity of JC456 and others like him/her was frustrating and funny at the same time. It is no longer funny.
It threatens to undermine our country. I truly wonder if they could be foreign agents.
We will get to the other side of this virus but the JC456's are making it more difficult and are undermining the US mandated response. They are ignoring the directions of their messiah, Trump. If they are Americans, they are traitors in the strongest sense.
I’m right here internet tough guy. Hey your rants are special indeed

There are not tests which can differentiate one coronavirus from another
Of course there are. We have completely mapped the RNA of covid-19. Are you referring to field tests of infected people? You should be more clear, or you're right, others won't be able to follow.

But even if that is what you meant, you're still wrong. Yes, the tests identify covid-19, not just an infection of a virus from the Corona family.
There are no tests to differentiate an acute infection from a previous exposure
No idea what this nonsense means or how it is relevant. I doubt you do, either.

If you are immunocompromised or malnourished take whatever precautions your health care provider ordered but don't demand that the nation be brought to standstill.
Actually, they do. Scientists recommend precisely this, to slow the exponential growth of the number of cases, so that our hospitals are not overwhelmed. But you're about to post your crack research that shows otherwise, right?
Like I said, Trumpism COMPLETELY rots the brain.

You should go get a new one then. You succumbed to your tds huh?

You realize that we never operate on that argument, right? We never operate on "if it saves one life" or anything even CLOSE.

Do you remember the flu year of 17-18? Do you realize we lost 60,000 people that year? Do you remember shutting down the economy like this? I sure don't

This isn't the flu. The Flu is treatable. This isn't.

Well that's wrong (not a big surprise)

There are in fact some treatments right now that show great promise but instead of starting large scale trials right now the government as usual is doing nothing
You're referring to Trump's do-nothing government, right?

Funny when I said we had promising treatments you disagreed with me
No. I said we don't have any actual treatments for the virus yet. Because we do not. Promising treatments are not treatments. Nothing is "medicine", until its efficacy has been conclusively demonstrated.

Hopefully, soon, we will have treatment.

Seems like now is the time to drop that line of thinking.

Small studies have shown that a very well know very safe drug in combination with another very well known very safe drug were able to rapidly reduce the viral load of patients with COVID.
Link?

The USA is grounded over something that 80% have it so mild they don’t know they have it.
Now libbie America haters want to try and sell that ALL of that 80% will go out and infect others with far more severe consequences to all others. That’s pure speculation. They have anticipated the actual and factual doubling and tripling of the infection and it’s just not happening except in math imagination land.
Trump needs to wake up and cease this oppressive yoke that has been placed on Americans

This is a killer virus... It kills at 20 - 40 times higher than the flu.

With all due respects, ted, that's a load of shit.

Flu deaths FAR EXCEED those caused by the Obama-Biden Plague by many fold.

Many thousands of Americans assumed room temperature every year, courtesy of Influenza. The CV has only a handful of deaths in comparison.
Polishprince must be a Russian agent spreading false information that will stongly harm the US. Spreading false information is treasonous. It can hurt the US worse than Islamist extremist terrorists. How to stop false information that will harm the US. Treason is a crime that carries the death penalty.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is the difference between the common flu and the coronavirus.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. (I copied this, it makes alot of sense as to why we need to worry more about this then the flu. I suggest taking the self isolation seriously - not panic, but serious)
King Henry is a nice trail to go down but we have far far more tools at our disposal than 300 year ago social and financial isolation

I’m right here internet tough guy. Hey your rants are special indeed
Where is right here, Moscow, better yet Tehran? You are no American.

Many thousands of Americans assumed room temperature every year, courtesy of Influenza. The CV has only a handful of deaths in comparison.
Polishprince must be a Russian agent spreading false information that will stongly harm the US. Spreading false information is treasonous. It can hurt the US worse than Islamist extremist terrorists. How to stop false information that will harm the US. Treason is a crime that carries the death penalty.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. (I copied this, it makes alot of sense as to why we need to worry more about this then the flu. I suggest taking the self isolation seriously - not panic, but serious)
King Henry is a nice trail to go down but we have far far more tools at our disposal than 300 year ago social and financial isolation
What are they?

Fast forward.

What are they?
Disprove the contention
It’s a libbie 101 trick to ask the presenter to provide more info to help you out . We don’t play that game

New York is getting creamed and I suspect it will only get worse there.

I am not sure what you expect when you have that many people living on top of each other (not being critical...just saying).

But, it seems most other states are doing O.K.

Forum List

Back