We need to vote out all 2 or more term incumbents, regardless of party

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Stop rioting and start voting these self serving assholes out of office.

All of them.

Yea, well, I am sure snarky shit like that was said to anyone trying to get the corrupt out of office.

If one is not corrupt themselves, fuck incumbents.

They win 94% of the time because the system is rigged to the powerful.

Vote them the fuck out. It's not difficult.

Yea, well, I am sure snarky shit like that was said to anyone trying to get the corrupt out of office.

when someone thinks its YOUR rep thats the problem,mine is fine.....how are you going to convince that person?....

when someone thinks its YOUR rep thats the problem,mine is fine.....how are you going to convince that person?....

They all need to go. If yours isn't a problem now, it certainly can be. We have many examples.

No one needs to serve more than 2 terms on the taxpayer dime. It's the law for POTUS, why not for all elected officials?

I hear this all the time and I wonder how you think a freshman congressman is immune to corruption? Seems to me it would have the opposite effect from what you are looking for. Lobbyists do not have term limits and never get voted out. All new congressmen go to Washington and are immediately confronted with a literal army of very skilled political operatives, many never learn how to resist them and form their own path. The actual remedy is to quit requiring your elected officials to be "business friendly" because they go to Washington and immediately sell out to the multinationals and billionaires because they think it's what you want.

I hear this all the time and I wonder how you think a freshman congressman is immune to corruption? Seems to me it would have the opposite effect from what you are looking for. Lobbyists do not have term limits and never get voted out. All new congressmen go to Washington and are immediately confronted with a literal army of very skilled political operatives, many never learn how to resist them and form their own path. The actual remedy is to quit requiring your elected officials to be "business friendly" because they go to Washington and immediately sell out to the multinationals and billionaires because they think it's what you want.

If it's the law for POTUS, why not all elected officials?

It seems reasonable. Of course freshman congressman can be corrupt, but that corruption could be limited if they could only serve 2 terms.

A lifetime in Congress is bullshit.

Yes vote out anyone who knows what they're doing and how a complex system works and bring in a bunch of people with no clue, like your President. That's not exactly going well to this point, mostly because he doesn't know how the system works.

How about you reform election financing so that politicians don't have to raise millions of dollars to fund campaigns, leaving them vulnerable to lobbyists and their money?

Do the smart thing instead of the dumbest thing imaginable. For a change.

Politics is the only profession where exprience is devalued and inexperienced is valued.

Yes vote out anyone who knows what they're doing and how a complex system works and bring in a bunch of people with no clue, like your President. That's not exactly going well to this point, mostly because he doesn't know how the system works.

How about you reform election financing so that politicians don't have to raise millions of dollars to fund campaigns, leaving them vulnerable to lobbyists and their money?

Do the smart thing instead of the dumbest thing imaginable. For a change.

Trump forever! I am happy to see you on board!

It seems reasonable. Of course freshman congressman can be corrupt, but that corruption could be limited if they could only serve 2 terms.

Not going to get good people if they know they will not be able to make a career of it, more like a bunch of opportunists who will go and be as dirty as they can before they get term limited out, then they go be lobbyists for 20 years. Face it, there is no solution to corruption as long as you are willing to overlook it in your own party and politicians.

Not going to get good people if they know they will not be able to make a career of it, more like a bunch of opportunists who will go and be as dirty as they can before they get term limited out, then they go be lobbyists for 20 years. Face it, there is no solution to corruption as long as you are willing to overlook it in your own party and politicians.

So who is willing to overlook it? I am not.

Why would anyone overlook corruption based on party affiliation. Wouldnt that be corrupt itself?

Why would anyone overlook corruption based on party affiliation. Wouldnt that be corrupt itself?
Yes, remind yourself of that when you automatically dismiss unfavorable reporting as fake news and never give it another thought.

Yes, remind yourself of that when you automatically dismiss unfavorable reporting as fake news and never give it another thought.

On my calendar? Like a recurring appointment?

I will do that. Thanks.

In the meantime, I will stick to my belief there should be term limits for all elected officials.

It's insane... I know... next thing you know I will be asking for it to be legal to kill babies. But I am pro choice.

On my calendar? Like a recurring appointment?

I will do that. Thanks.

In the meantime, I will stick to my belief there should be term limits for all elected officials.

It's insane... I know... next thing you know I will be asking for it to be legal to kill babies. But I am pro choice.
Quit trying to deflect, you know exactly what I am talking about. You seriously do not care if some republican takes huge donations and then goes balls to the wall for big business even when it is clearly not in our best interests. Take outsourcing, you probably have not even noticed that Trump and the republicans quit talking about it two minutes after the election.

1 term limit for all offices. Judges expire in 10 years. Judge must be affirmed on a higher court to continue next 10 years otherwise judge career ends.

I think the Judiciary is one area where I absolutely would want experience....
Damn right, a judgeship is the rightful reward for an excellent lawyer who has put in twenty plus years of responsible practice. We have a lot of judges, just not that many exemplary lawyers around to sustain that kind of turnover.

If you voted for Trump you certainly overlooked his record of corruption, his admissions of bribing politicians, multiple bankruptcies, stiffing sub-trades, The Trump University fraud cases, and his charitable foundations problems with both the IRS and the State of New York.

If you voted for Trump you certainly overlooked his record of corruption, his admissions of bribing politicians, multiple bankruptcies, stiffing sub-trades, The Trump University fraud cases, and his charitable foundations problems with both the IRS and the State of New York.
this warrants a 'Thank you'

Forum List

Back