🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 We would all do better if we followed Jewish teachings, summarized by Hillel: ”that which is distasteful to you do not do to others.”

Jews for Jesus would disagree.
:auiqs.jpg:

If "Jews for Jesus" believe in an edible triune god made man made matzo made by human hands they aren't Jewish, einstein. Anyone would think of them as Christian, "just believers"

I would call them numbskulls. Very deeply and religiously addled numbskulls, just like you.

:auiqs.jpg:

If "Jews for Jesus" believe in an edible triune god made man made matzo made by human hands they aren't Jewish, einstein. Anyone would think of them as Christian, "just believers"

I would call them numbskulls. Very deeply and religiously addled numbskulls, just like you.
You should call them and tell them that. Telling me won't do you any good.

Jesus, an admirer of Hillel’s, also taught the same. (He put his own spin on it, but it is basically the same.)

Can all here - those who follow a religion as well as atheists - agree this would be a good goal to aim for? After all, it’s the start of a New Year!
The Golden Rule....all religions and philosophies have that.

Jesus, an admirer of Hillel’s, also taught the same. (He put his own spin on it, but it is basically the same.)

Can all here - those who follow a religion as well as atheists - agree this would be a good goal to aim for? After all, it’s the start of a New Year!

The Golden Rule is universal. It shows up from the most ancient of days... Even to the ancient Egyptians and Sumerians.

Jews for Jesus would disagree.

I know they would. But they abandoned their Judaism when they accepted that a mortal man was a deity. They THINK they’re still Jews.

You know how Jews for Jesus started? Christians were having very little luck getting Jews to abandon Judaism and convert to Christianity, so they figured out that they would tell them that they would STILL be Jewish, just Jews who think a man was son of Gd. It’s been tried on me, numerous times.

The fact is that the conversion rate is very tiny, and very few Jews want anything to do with the erroneously named “Jews for Jesus” movement.

That’s would be the same as a “Vegans for Eating Meat“ group. Hey, you can still be a vegetarian, just one who eats meat. Yeah…..that’s the ticket!

I know they would. But they abandoned their Judaism when they accepted that a mortal man was a deity. They THINK they’re still Jews.

You know how Jews for Jesus started? Christians were having very little luck getting Jews to abandon Judaism and convert to Christianity, so they figured out that they would tell them that they would STILL be Jewish, just Jews who think a man was son of Gd. It’s been tried on me, numerous times.

The fact is that the conversion rate is very tiny, and very few Jews want anything to do with the erroneously named “Jews for Jesus” movement.

That’s would be the same as a “Vegans for Eating Meat“ group. Hey, you can still be a vegetarian, just one who eats meat. Yeah…..that’s the ticket!
My point was your opinion isn't unopposed.

You misunderstand.

The law does not need to be believed in or followed by anyone, yet everyone is bound by those laws because they are not about crime and punishment but cause and effect.

No one has to believe in or even understand gravity but if they jump off a cliff there are real and verifiable consequences for disregarding that law whatever you believe or don't believe.

Now with the written kosher law you do not have to believe that eating the flesh of swine will defile and contaminate anything or anyone, but if you can grasp the deeper implications, something any grade child should be able to do, then you will see that if you accept the irrational beliefs and degrading practices of unclean human creatures that do not ruminate the consequence is clear and verifiable and demonstrated daily by many posters on this message board who 'just believe' in the absurd without thinking rationally about it at all.

Unclean flesh, teaching, defiles and contaminates the mind crippling and even killing its ability to think and reason rationally which perverts everything seen felt and heard in life and causes many people affected to critically injure themselves and their loved ones daily.

If this knowledge was intrinsic no one would be eating a lifeless matzo for spiritual life. No one would have ever sacrificed a child to Moloch, no one would have voted for Trump. derp.

and no, the laws need not be read and are intrinsic for all beings on planet earth with or without the desert religions ...
No one has to believe in or even understand gravity but if they jump off a cliff there are real and verifiable consequences for disregarding that law whatever you believe or don't believe.

it is incorrect to equate the desert religions as having the correct intrinsic values for spiritual purity, they do not, they do have their sense the intrinsic ability does exist - is all they represent ... unlike your example or in lite of what you claim the intrinsic knowledge does require being understood for the individual to reach fruition.

hob's deep dive into oblivion is - believing jesus ever claimed to be a messiah, that were if correct their being a messiah could possibly be helpful for anyone else and who would not themselves have too accomplish the same what jesus accomplished to be whatever they may have claimed to be.

and most likely they triumphed - good vs evil - to become pure, undoubtedly good and freed their spirit.

Yup. Perhaps 0.5% of “Jews“ oppose and 99.5% of Jews support my opinion.
Doesn't matter. The point is there is an opposing view. You are free to dismiss that view but your dismissal doesn't make it go away.

Doesn't matter. The point is there is an opposing view. You are free to dismiss that view but your dismissal doesn't make it go away.
The percentage of people with the opposing view is so minuscule that its virtually irrelevant.

The percentage of people with the opposing view is so minuscule that its virtually irrelevant.
I hear that same consensus argument made for global warming all the time. I don't buy that one either.

hob's deep dive into oblivion is - believing jesus ever claimed to be a messiah, that were if correct their being a messiah could possibly be helpful for anyone else and who would not themselves have too accomplish the same what jesus accomplished to be whatever they may have claimed to be.

lol.... But Jesus did fulfill messianic expectations for everyone intelligent enough to understand figurative language by revealing the hidden wisdom and purpose of God in giving the law as a light to the nations, including everyone who walks in darkness like yourself.

Everyone who heard his teaching and acted on it did and does everything that Jesus did and more. Everything from walking out of a tomb, raising the dead, healing the sick, curing the paralyzed, restoring the insane to sanity, giving sight to the blind and ascending into heaven.

I really don't understand your problem. How hard is it to stand guard over the sanctity of your own mind and carefully distinguish between clean and unclean flesh, teaching, what goes into your mind and out of your mouth? Would you prefer to defile and contaminate the very seat of your consciousness and pervert your perceptions and experience of actual reality?

Think! You can do it!

lol.... But Jesus did fulfill messianic expectations for everyone intelligent enough to understand figurative language by revealing the hidden wisdom and purpose of God in giving the law as a light to the nations, including everyone who walks in darkness like yourself.

Everyone who heard his teaching and acted on it did and does everything that Jesus did and more. Everything from walking out of a tomb, raising the dead, healing the sick, curing the paralyzed, restoring the insane to sanity, giving sight to the blind and ascending into heaven.

I really don't understand your problem. How hard is it to stand guard over the sanctity of your own mind and carefully distinguish between clean and unclean flesh, teaching, what goes into your mind and out of your mouth? Would you prefer to defile and contaminate the very seat of your consciousness and pervert your perceptions and experience of actual reality?

Think! You can do it!

that's your claim to be a messiah was their goal - and that required their being a jew as a precept, coincidentally written in the jewish book of forgeries and fallacies ... and not their own accomplishments - that truly are lacking in recorded history than madeup stories - walking on water - as how they did attain the notoriety they are known for.

in reality their mission had nothing to do with the prevailing religion at that time rather the true intrinsic path chosen from the beginning as liberation theology, self determination for remission to paradise he and those at that time new to be true and were willing to die for.

again, sorry for you - no one needs to read a book, the spoken, intrinsic heavenly religion from antiquity to triumph good vs evil is all that is required to free ones spirit to be granted judgement for admission to the everlasting.

that's your claim to be a messiah was their goal - and that required their being a jew as a precept, coincidentally written in the jewish book of forgeries and fallacies ... and not their own accomplishments - that truly are lacking in recorded history than madeup stories - walking on water - as how they did attain the notoriety they are known for.

in reality their mission had nothing to do with the prevailing religion at that time rather the true intrinsic path chosen from the beginning as liberation theology, self determination for remission to paradise he and those at that time new to be true and were willing to die for.

again, sorry for you - no one needs to read a book, the spoken, intrinsic heavenly religion from antiquity to triumph good vs evil is all that is required to free ones spirit to be granted judgement for admission to the everlasting.

Turning water into wine, giving sight to the blind, walking on water, revealing things kept secret since the foundation of heaven and earth (when the Law was given as a light to the nations), leading people to the sanctuary of God, raising the dead, curing the paralyzed, lame, crippled and insane never were to be understood as supernatural demonstrations of divine power over reality by the intelligent, only the ignorant and superstitious would think so.

That being said, these things are metaphors for actual events, signs that Jesus was the expected Jewish Messiah, who was just a man chosen by God to fulfill Deuteronomy 18:18.

You may not realize this but it isn't about being Jewish or Christian, believer or unbeliever. There are dedicated atheists out there who would never eat the flesh of swine who do not ruminate and they would agree in the wisdom of that Law because they reap the benefit.

So in a way you are right. Some things are intrinsic but what is chosen by the individual is either wisdom or folly, to follow a spirit of truth or a spirit of perversity, with consequences for good or evil. For those who make evil a deliberate choice there is no escaping the consequences, death, a curse, neither is there escaping the consequences for those who cast there lot with the spirit of truth and do what is right, eternal life in the sanctuary of God.

Turning water into wine, giving sight to the blind, walking on water, revealing things kept secret since the foundation of heaven and earth (when the Law was given as a light to the nations), leading people to the sanctuary of God, raising the dead, curing the paralyzed, lame, crippled and insane never were to be understood as supernatural demonstrations of divine power over reality by the intelligent, only the ignorant and superstitious would think so.

That being said, these things are metaphors for actual events, signs that Jesus was the expected Jewish Messiah, who was just a man chosen by God to fulfill Deuteronomy 18:18.

You may not realize this but it isn't about being Jewish or Christian, believer or unbeliever. There are dedicated atheists out there who would never eat the flesh of swine who do not ruminate and they would agree in the wisdom of that Law because they reap the benefit.

So in a way you are right. Some things are intrinsic but what is chosen by the individual is either wisdom or folly, to follow a spirit of truth or a spirit of perversity, with consequences for good or evil. For those who make evil a deliberate choice there is no escaping the consequences, death, a curse, neither is there escaping the consequences for those who cast there lot with the spirit of truth and do what is right, eternal life in the sanctuary of God.
When I was on a trip to the Canadian Rockies and everyone was being bullied into eating eel (ick!), I had a good excuse. They left me alone.

When I was on a trip to the Canadian Rockies and everyone was being bullied into eating eel (ick!), I had a good excuse. They left me alone.
I would have just said no thanks without an apology.

And because I have found a more rational way to interpret and apply kosher law I eat bacon, and ribs, lobster, and whatever the hell I want, and I remain kosher and don't need an excuse.

I would have just said no thanks without an apology.

And because I have found a more rational way to interpret and apply kosher law I eat bacon, and ribs, lobster, and whatever the hell I want, and I remain kosher and don't need an excuse.
i like you, but you can’t really eat bacon and lobster and whatever you want - and claim to keep kosher. Keeping kosher has specific restrictions, which remain in force for observant Jews.

i like you, but you can’t really eat bacon and lobster and whatever you want - and claim to keep kosher. Keeping kosher has specific restrictions, which remain in force for observant Jews.

This I am well aware of. People follow the talmud, what Jesus called the traditions of men.

I prefer to believe that the living God has more substance than to be concerned with diet fashion and the sexual preferences of consenting adult bipeds. So from your perspective I worship and comply with the laws of an unknown God. I would never worship a petty tyrant.

I am sure that you have been well aware since grade school that people of every culture language tribe and nation have been comparing other people to lower beasts according to their displayed attributes to either praise or insult. I see the animals in the divine menu as metaphors for human archetypes, their flesh a metaphor for their beliefs ideologies etc.

Kosher law in this light is easy to follow and its not all on the woman. Do you think that if someone sprinkles bacon bits in a salad the whole family is defiled and contaminated?

I like you too but isn't that insane? Wouldn't God be concerned with what goes into the mind?

Forum List

Back