🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wealthy, Corprations Taxed To Little: Say Majority Of America

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As President Donald Trump and Republican leaders strategize about tax reform, the majority of U.S. adults believe that upper-income people and corporations are paying too little in taxes. In contrast, about half of Americans say middle- and lower-income people pay too much, while the other half says these groups are currently paying their fair share or are not paying enough.

Americans Say Upper-Income and Corporations Pay Too Little in Taxes
Please tell me if you think these groups are paying their fair share in federal taxes, paying too much or paying too little?
Fair share Too much Too little
%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Lower-income people 35 48 14
Upper-income people 24 10 63
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

Majority Say Wealthy Americans, Corporations Taxed Too Little
well almost half of America pays no income tax but they don't think they are taxed too little

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As President Donald Trump and Republican leaders strategize about tax reform, the majority of U.S. adults believe that upper-income people and corporations are paying too little in taxes. In contrast, about half of Americans say middle- and lower-income people pay too much, while the other half says these groups are currently paying their fair share or are not paying enough.

Please tell me if you think these groups are paying their fair share in federal taxes, paying too much or paying too little?
%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

well almost half of America pays no income tax but they don't think they are taxed too little

THat is interesting, isn't it?

In addition, there are only minimum taxes. Anyone who feels they are paying too little in taxes are more than welcome to give more money to the government.

The majority of Americans know little math and less economics.

They know that the math doesn't add up, and the economics of the wealthy, and corporations paying to little in taxes are failed economic policies.

But there's good news. The trend is that the majority agree that they need to go up, and are going to.

the economics of the wealthy, and corporations paying to little in taxes are failed economic policies.

How much do the wealthy and corporations pay? How much should they pay?
Please define "the wealthy" before you answer. Thanks!

And it always sounds like a great idea when you can get the other guy to pay for it.

What they don't understand that sooner or later you run out of "other guys", and then its your income that's being taken "for the good of others"
The left would be happy with a world without money. Now, let's all take a moment to laugh at them all.

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

Here's where you say , " oh , I mean fed income tax" as if it's the only tax out there.

What % of companies pay fed income tax?

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

Here's where you say , " oh , I mean fed income tax" as if it's the only tax out there.

it's not a lie

47% (almost half) of people in the country pay no federal income tax

what's the lie?

And did you know that most corporations pay no corporate income tax because they are structured as S corps so ALL the profit is reported on the shareholders' PERSONAL INCOME TAXES?

No of course you didn't know that because you're a fucking moron

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

And did you know that most corporations pay no corporate income tax because they are structured as S corps so ALL the profit is reported on the shareholders' PERSONAL INCOME TAXES?

You said "tax". Not "federal income tax" .

It's like if I said "Bill Gates and I paid the same in taxes ". Which is true if I further explain "we filled up our cars at the gas station and paid the same gas tax . "

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

The majority of Americans are too freaking clueless to know corporations add their tax burden to the price of their products, so it's the poor and middle class that pay in the end.

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

Yeah, I went to business school. I know about S Corps. I also know how a lot of s corp owners end up paying little in their personal icons taxes because of the favorable business tax write offs .

I think most corporations pay too little. I do not think most, or even 2/3rds of, high earning individuals pay too little, but I know some do.

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

You said "tax". Not "federal income tax" .

It's like if I said "Bill Gates and I paid the same in taxes ". Which is true if I further explain "we filled up our cars at the gas station and paid the same gas tax . "
I said income tax

and I only ever talk about federal taxes

They know that the math doesn't add up, and the economics of the wealthy, and corporations paying to little in taxes are failed economic policies.

But there's good news. The trend is that the majority agree that they need to go up, and are going to.

the economics of the wealthy, and corporations paying to little in taxes are failed economic policies.

How much do the wealthy and corporations pay? How much should they pay?
Please define "the wealthy" before you answer. Thanks!

There is no definition, therefore they can use the term as suites them politically,

Hillary said over and over during the campaign, "The rich should pay their fair share".

That is a bullshit statement.

Who is "rich" and what is their "Fair share"?

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

Yeah, I went to business school. I know about S Corps. I also know how a lot of s corp owners end up paying little in their personal icons taxes because of the favorable business tax write offs .

what exactly is a "favorable business tax write off"?

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

Then MOST of people in that poll don't have a CLUE why corporations pay so little. It's not because of tax rates. It because of TARGETING TAX SUBSIDIES that BOTH side hand out like candy. Get rid of the Corporate welfare and THEN --- let's discuss "corporate taxes". You willing to kill the $50 in tax credits that GE gets for every "energy efficient" washing machine? THAT is why GE pays hardly any taxes.

I need an answer to that question to know that you are following along here...

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

Darn those businesses, writing off their valid expenses. Bastards!

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

what exactly is a "favorable business tax write off"?

Cost of goods sold, employee expenses, rent.
Businesses should just pay 40% (really a lot more!) on their revenue....because liberals are clueless.

%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

Polls? let me laugh.....see below.

Yep. A Gallup poll no less. In which an overwhelming majority agree the wealthy and corporations pay to little.

Given that this is a growing trend, with a changing population demographic, that will only agree more, that in turn will have the wealthy and corporations paying more.

I share in your laughter.
well again, the math doesn't add up. sorry, you can't claim a population that doesn't exist claims something. Thanks, and I continue my laughter at you coming in here and can't write 'too' in your sentence. It would be 'too' little. But seeing as that isn't so, it must be a Freudian slip admitting it isn't correct.

can't be since the math doesn't add up into a majority. so, very 'too' little you are incorrect actually.

Forum List

Back