🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wealthy, Corprations Taxed To Little: Say Majority Of America

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As President Donald Trump and Republican leaders strategize about tax reform, the majority of U.S. adults believe that upper-income people and corporations are paying too little in taxes. In contrast, about half of Americans say middle- and lower-income people pay too much, while the other half says these groups are currently paying their fair share or are not paying enough.

Americans Say Upper-Income and Corporations Pay Too Little in Taxes
Please tell me if you think these groups are paying their fair share in federal taxes, paying too much or paying too little?
Fair share Too much Too little
%
% %

Middle-income people
40 51 6
Lower-income people 35 48 14
Upper-income people 24 10 63
Corporations 19 9 67

Sorted by "fair share"
GALLUP, APRIL 5-9, 2017

Majority Say Wealthy Americans, Corporations Taxed Too Little
well almost half of America pays no income tax but they don't think they are taxed too little

That's a lie .

Here's where you say , " oh , I mean fed income tax" as if it's the only tax out there.

What % of companies pay fed income tax?
it's not a lie

47% (almost half) of people in the country pay no federal income tax

what's the lie?

And did you know that most corporations pay no corporate income tax because they are structured as S corps so ALL the profit is reported on the shareholders' PERSONAL INCOME TAXES?

No of course you didn't know that because you're a fucking moron

Yeah, I went to business school. I know about S Corps. I also know how a lot of s corp owners end up paying little in their personal icons taxes because of the favorable business tax write offs .

what exactly is a "favorable business tax write off"?

Depreciation.

well almost half of America pays no income tax but they don't think they are taxed too little

That's a lie .

Here's where you say , " oh , I mean fed income tax" as if it's the only tax out there.

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

And did you know that most corporations pay no corporate income tax because they are structured as S corps so ALL the profit is reported on the shareholders' PERSONAL INCOME TAXES?

Yeah, I went to business school. I know about S Corps. I also know how a lot of s corp owners end up paying little in their personal icons taxes because of the favorable business tax write offs .

Depreciation.

Businesses shouldn't get to write off the cost of their business equipment? Why not?

Ever notice, wealthy people are by far the whiniest and bitchiest about paying taxes. They think it not fair they have to support the very system that brought them wealth.

Kristians no doubt.
That is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read. We are carrying your ass and you condemn us? Fuck you and your unemployment check.

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

Depreciation.

Businesses shouldn't get to write off the cost of their business equipment? Why not?

Why should they ? Does the paycheck working stiff write off his depreciation cause he commutes to work?

I digress because this is more about big biz .

Any real life examples of big biz getting hosed on their tax burden? Cause it seems that on paper they pay high rates, but with all the tax exemptions, reality is their rates are low .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

Depreciation.

Why should they ? Does the paycheck working stiff write off his depreciation cause he commutes to work?

Why should they ?

It's only logical that a business can write off a business expense.

Does the paycheck working stiff write off his depreciation cause he commutes to work?

If he owned a business he could.

Depreciation.

Why should they ?

Does the paycheck working stiff write off his depreciation cause he commutes to work?

This from the "flat tax " crowd .
Always looking to fuck over the working man .

Depreciation.

Why should they ?

How does business equipment depreciation fuck over the working man?

The majority is right!

Most wealthy corporations pay around 10% in taxes...
They outsource
They bring in foreign labor
They cheat the system

They're scum

Even Warren Buffet, one of the wealthiest people in human history who's company, Berkshire Hathaway, has a stock with a value around $245,000 a share. Yes, two hundred fourty five thousand dollars for one share.

Even Warren Buffet says the wealthy should pay more tax. You can't USE an economic system and gain wealth and not put money back into that system. "Well why doesn't he write a check for blah blah derpity meme bagwoman nonsense". Because the derps of the world can't distinguish between individuals and economic systems. We are talking about an economy, not uncle Joe.

You can bet though the sheep will fall over each other defending the greedy lowlifes who would rather see the poor pay higher sales tax than the wealthy pay higher income tax.

The majority is right!

They outsource
They cheat the system

They're scum

Even Warren Buffet, one of the wealthiest people in human history who's company, Berkshire Hathaway, has a stock with a value around $245,000 a share. Yes, two hundred fourty five thousand dollars for one share.

Even Warren Buffet says the wealthy should pay more tax. You can't USE an economic system and gain wealth and not put money back into that system. "Well why doesn't he write a check for blah blah derpity meme bagwoman nonsense". Because the derps of the world can't distinguish between individuals and economic systems. We are talking about an economy, not uncle Joe.

You can bet though the sheep will fall over each other defending the greedy lowlifes who would rather see the poor pay higher sales tax than the wealthy pay higher income tax.

Even Warren Buffet says the wealthy should pay more tax.

It's funny that he says that while he donates his stock to charity, thereby depriving the government of over
$10 billion in tax revenues

That's a lie .

it's not a lie

what's the lie?

Depreciation.
if you knew anything about depreciation schedules you wouldn't say they are favorable

all depreciation does is spread your write off for a capital purchase over years so in reality depreciation is good for the tax collector not so much for the business

If I spend 500 K on a capital asset a depreciation schedule means I cannot write off the entire 500 K in one year so even though I spent 500 K on a legitimate business expense I can only write off a portion of it so I am still paying taxes on most of that 500 K as profit the first year when in reality I didn't earn that 500 K

The majority is right!

They outsource
They cheat the system

They're scum

I don't understand your love affair with Buffett

he scams the system by only paying himself 100K a year. If he wanted to pay more in taxes he could easily pay himself 10 million a year but he doesn't

IOW he's a fucking hypocrite

Depreciation.

Why should they ?

you do know that individuals get a standard deduction which is nothing but a write off don't you ?
If an individual wants they can itemize and get even more of a deduction (write off)

and driving to work is not the same as driving for work.

Ever notice, wealthy people are by far the whiniest and bitchiest about paying taxes. They think it not fair they have to support the very system that brought them wealth.

Kristians no doubt.
I don't know about wealthy but I've noticed it about conservatives. The poor ones seem to think that someday they'll be rich too and wouldn't want to have to pay taxes then.
Masochistic Mutants

That's what you're told to think. Just like the HeirHeads believe they are Born to Rule, the trailer-park GOPers believe they are Born to Be Ruled. The real reason low-born Elvis and Anna Nicole Smith committed virtual suicide was that they had been brought up to believe they had no right to get rich. Anyone with slave morality who tells you, "I might get rich someday and not want to pay high taxes on it" is just trying to justify himself to you when he really knows it is highly unlikely and not his place anyway to outgain his "betters."

Last edited:
The majority is right!

They outsource
They cheat the system

They're scum

There's a big difference between wealthy civilians, and wealthy companies.

Wealthy companies create lots of jobs, for starters.

Wealthy companies keep the economy stable, if too many wealthy company stocks flop, the end result can be disastrous.

Wealthy companies are made up of many people.

Please tell me if you think these groups are paying their fair share in federal taxes, paying too much or paying too little?
I think most corporations pay too little. I do not think most, or even 2/3rds of, high earning individuals pay too little, but I know some do.
why should a corporation pay any?
If you 've come to this discussion not knowing the answer to that question, you should do your own research to obtain it, or ask someone who'll indulge you with an answer. I've seen the stupid-sh*t you post; thus I'm just not going down that road with you.
so you can't answer why a corporation shouldn't pay taxes? And yet you're in here stating they should. Why is it you feel that way? What is the role of a corporation? Don't you want them creating jobs and adding tax payers to the system rather than dispensing more money to non workers? I don't understand stupid fks like you.

The majority is right!

They outsource
They cheat the system

They're scum

There's a big difference between wealthy civilians, and wealthy companies.

Wealthy companies create lots of jobs, for starters.

Wealthy companies keep the economy stable, if too many wealthy company stocks flop, the end result can be disastrous.

Wealthy companies are made up of many people.
dude, not sure how these stupid fks don't understand that losing tax revenue by paying unemployed workers rather than getting that money back and adding to the revenue by having those individuals paying into the tax system is a good thing? What a bunch of stupid fks.

The majority of Americans know little math and less economics.

This is what outcome-based education and Common Core seek to ensure. Dumbed down and indoctrinated people are so much easier to fool.

It just sounds good to some when a politician says that wealthy people should pay more. It implies that anyone with wealth has somehow cheated the system and needs to be punished for their evil deeds. Poor people, even able-bodied people looking for an easy life, are treated like victims who deserve to reap what the workers sow.

Forum List

Back