Welcome to tyranny.

If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. But you can't tell me what to do.

Life is a risk. Freedom means you get to choose.
Don´t confuse freedom with idiocy.

Don't confuse ignorant cowardice with morality, hon.
It is not about morality but responsibility.
My responsibility to stay at home so your grandma can avoid the risk of getting COVID-19 is zero.
My government has no legitimate authority to tell me I can't work or go to the movies, period.
Yes, they have. They do have laws.

Except they don't actually have any laws that allow them to negate people's civil rights, and if they tried to pass one, it would be illegitimate for conflicting with the highest law in the country.

Please notice that NONE of these lockdowns and crazed, fascistic orders popping up have actually been LAWS at all. They've been executive orders by governors. Last time I checked, there's not a single state in the US where the governor makes the laws.
Check, which laws enable them to issue Executive Orders.

NONE of them enable them to issue executive orders violating people's civil rights.

...I hold that you're setting up a false dichotomy, and I utterly reject your premise that this is a choice between "economics or death"...
What you 'told me' has very little connection to reality.

You can 'utterly reject' the premise regarding the relative value of human life vs. corporate solvency all you like; it is a value judgment.

And your foolhardy insistence upon "re-opening" in areas still plagued with high infection and mortality rates speaks volumes about your personal values.

...Since the lockdown was never intended to "save lives and keep people from ever getting sick at all", there's no point in continuing it beyond the point where it has accomplished it's REAL purpose. It was intended to slow the rate of infectious spread and give our medical facilities time to increase their ability to respond and to give our scientists time to learn more about the virus so that we could make smarter choices going forward...
We are on the same page regarding the purpose of the lockdown. You, however, are operating under the delusion that that mission has been accomplished.

...The fact that fucktards like you misunderstood and thought the lockdown was about cowering in our houses until the virus magically went entirely away...
Mind your manners in the presence of your betters, clod. As I said, we are on the same page with respect to our understanding of the purpose of the lockdown.

...and, coincidentally, you had a chance to use it to further your political agenda - doesn't make any of us beholden to acting like your perception was real or sane.
Rubbish. It is not the fault of Democrats if the Republicans are presently showing their disdain for human life in favor of corporate solvency.

...Self-absorbed, hypocritical douchebags. Do you really think that Kondor would be prattling his little slogan to us if it was HIS "financial solvency" that was on the line? The only reason he thinks economics are disposable to achieve his agenda is because it's not hurting HIM.
I "prattle" because I value human life more than corporate solvency.

Somebody has got to stand up to you a$$holes and stand for human decency, compassion, health science, and common sense.

It's obvious that you selfish types don't have that in you.

Neither does the Orange Baboon god that you worship.

My responsibility to stay at home so your grandma can avoid the risk of getting COVID-19 is zero.
My government has no legitimate authority to tell me I can't work or go to the movies, period.
Note that I said "legitimate." Where does the Constitution give government the authority to tell me I can't go to work?
Where does it say you can´t drive on the sidewalk?

Where did Bri say that all laws must exist in the Constitution? Have you always been this fucking illiterate, or is it only when you somehow think sounding stupid will be a "brilliant" debate tactic?
You just insisted on direct laws. Now it is the other way round. Who is that third rate idiot?

No, fucktard. As usual, you are misunderstanding what anyone is saying. This is why you are a third-rate idiot who would never be lucky enough to be allowed near me.

And no, shitforbrains, I am NOT going to give you the 3rd grade primer on what the Constitution does and how laws work that someone clearly neglected to provide in your life. Feel free to wallow in ignorance, wondering why all your "brilliant" legal arguments result in people laughing at you, then kicking you in the privates and walking away.

You're wrong. Just as society has the right to impose restrictions on behavior that imperils the public's health..............like smoking in public places or driving 100 mph................we have the right to impose rules for behavior during a pandemic.

People like you need to be fined and or thrown in jail. You're a menace to society.

First they came for the smokers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a smoker.

Then they came for the speeders, and I did not speak out---
Because I was not a speeder.

Then they came for the joggers, and I did not speak out---
Because I was not a jogger.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

And you are exactly what the framers of the Constitution warned us about.
You shouldn't speak on subjects you know nothing about.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

The Bill of Rights is not the legal code which determines this matter. Is it?
They always seem to leave out the fact that a national and state emergency was declared..

Companies or, as you folks like to call them, corporations, are responsible for every invention that prolongs human life, that gives us comfort, that feeds, clothes, and entertains us. Corporations warm our homes, build our cars, and give them roads on which to drive.

Without corporate solvency, human life is nothing more than existence.

neolithic.jpg

...I definitely think Kondor should take his bumper-sticker slogans to any third-world country of his choice and try telling THEM that poverty and economic depression are no big deal and not a threat to their lives.
What bumper-sticker slogan would that be, genius?

"Human life is more important than corporate solvency" ?

Do you believe that corporate solvency is more important than human life?

Truly?

What I truly believe is that the choice you have set up and are now trying to force everyone else to accept as valid is a giant piece of shit lie that only someone as pig-stupid as you would believe. You would know that is what I believe if you had bothered to read any of my posts, instead of rushing in to talk based on what your masters told you to "know" I believe.

Not only have you not said one word about current events that is true, relevant, or vaguely intelligent, you haven't said one word about my position on the subject that has a fucking thing to do with my actual position.

What do you "truly believe" is going to happen if we lock down indefinitely? Exactly what is the result that you envision? Or have you even bothered to envision how that turns out at all? Did your masters tell you to think about that?

Companies or, as you folks like to call them, corporations, are responsible for every invention that prolongs human life, that gives us comfort, that feeds, clothes, and entertains us. Corporations warm our homes, build our cars, and give them roads on which to drive.

View attachment 330558
Just depends who you like working for more.

And you are exactly what the framers of the Constitution warned us about.
You shouldn't speak on subjects you know nothing about.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

The Bill of Rights is not the legal code which determines this matter. Is it?
They always seem to leave out the fact that a national and state emergency was declared..

You always seem to leave out that none of your rationalizations negate the Constitution.

I merely place a vastly higher value on human life than I do on the solvency of a given company.

False dichotomy.

You're assuming that a company, that the economy as a whole, is something that can be sacrificed to save human lives, and ignorantly disregarding the impact that economic conditions have on human lives.

To sacrifice the economy, you are not saving human lives, you are sacrificing human lives. For what purpose?
Incorrect.

If, by sacrificing the solvency of a non-essential company, we save human lives, through lessened exposure, then it's well-worth the sacrifice.

That is unless you work for the company or have your IRA investments in it.
Yep... sux to be them... but if we can save your loved one's life by keeping that business (and similar others) closed, then the financial loss and hardship are well worth it.

The idea is to salvage both. There is no right or wrong call here because nobody has a crystal ball. I say open up the economy after we have the ability to protect ourselves from the virus like with N-95 masks for everybody, blood donations from those who recovered from it, reliable antibody tests and an ample supply to test anybody and everybody.
Agreed.

But until we reach that optimum state, I hold that human life takes priority over corporate solvency or even the financial well-being of a given company's employees.

I hold that you're setting up a false dichotomy, and I utterly reject your premise that this is a choice between "economics or death".

Since the lockdown was never intended to "save lives and keep people from ever getting sick at all", there's no point in continuing it beyond the point where it has accomplished it's REAL purpose. It was intended to slow the rate of infectious spread and give our medical facilities time to increase their ability to respond and to give our scientists time to learn more about the virus so that we could make smarter choices going forward.

The fact that fucktards like you misunderstood and thought the lockdown was about cowering in our houses until the virus magically went entirely away - and, coincidentally, you had a chance to use it to further your political agenda - doesn't make any of us beholden to acting like your perception was real or sane.
They didn't misunderstand. After seeing the results they decided having 40 million people unemployed and dependent on the government would help Biden's election changes.

Dims are utterly appalling.

Except they don't actually have any laws that allow them to negate people's civil rights, and if they tried to pass one, it would be illegitimate for conflicting with the highest law in the country.

Please notice that NONE of these lockdowns and crazed, fascistic orders popping up have actually been LAWS at all. They've been executive orders by governors. Last time I checked, there's not a single state in the US where the governor makes the laws.
Unconstitutional laws, moron.

NONE of them enable them to issue executive orders violating people's civil rights.
That is just your definition of the nature of these orders. I agree partially because facts say the measures are obsolete but they were justified initially.

I merely place a vastly higher value on human life than I do on the solvency of a given company.

False dichotomy.

You're assuming that a company, that the economy as a whole, is something that can be sacrificed to save human lives, and ignorantly disregarding the impact that economic conditions have on human lives.

To sacrifice the economy, you are not saving human lives, you are sacrificing human lives. For what purpose?
Incorrect.

If, by sacrificing the solvency of a non-essential company, we save human lives, through lessened exposure, then it's well-worth the sacrifice.

That is unless you work for the company or have your IRA investments in it.
Yep... sux to be them... but if we can save your loved one's life by keeping that business (and similar others) closed, then the financial loss and hardship are well worth it.
None of my loved ones are going to die from COVID, moron. If your grandma dies because she refuses to isolate herself, I couldn't give a shit. You worry about your loved ones and I'll worry about mine. I do care if I go bankrupt because of this shutdown, and so do about 200 millions others. Your theory that economic pain doesn't matter doesn't pass the laugh test. That's the kind of thing that only people with a gauranteed income say. They are douchebags.
Mind your manners in the presence of your betters, pi$$ant.

You hold that financial solvency trumps human life.

You are scum.
Economic pain is always balanced against human life. We could stop all traffic deaths tomorrow if we established a national speed limit of 5 mph. According to you the fact that we don't means we hold that financial solvency trumps human life. The concept of perfect safety is absurd. The only question is how many deaths are we willing to tolerate, and so far we haven't even come close to what we've tolerated in the past.

Every choice is a trade off. Only douchebags fail to acknowledge that reality.

Self-absorbed, hypocritical douchebags. Do you really think that Kondor would be prattling his little slogan to us if it was HIS "financial solvency" that was on the line? The only reason he thinks economics are disposable to achieve his agenda is because it's not hurting HIM.
I've been saying that about all the pro-shutdown douchebags for several weeks now.

Last edited:

Note that I said "legitimate." Where does the Constitution give government the authority to tell me I can't go to work?

Where did Bri say that all laws must exist in the Constitution? Have you always been this fucking illiterate, or is it only when you somehow think sounding stupid will be a "brilliant" debate tactic?
You just insisted on direct laws. Now it is the other way round. Who is that third rate idiot?

No, fucktard. As usual, you are misunderstanding what anyone is saying. This is why you are a third-rate idiot who would never be lucky enough to be allowed near me.

And no, shitforbrains, I am NOT going to give you the 3rd grade primer on what the Constitution does and how laws work that someone clearly neglected to provide in your life. Feel free to wallow in ignorance, wondering why all your "brilliant" legal arguments result in people laughing at you, then kicking you in the privates and walking away.
I guess, you are a fat, sweat dripping chick and thus sojourning in your vicinity is inevitible.

...Self-absorbed, hypocritical douchebags. Do you really think that Kondor would be prattling his little slogan to us if it was HIS "financial solvency" that was on the line? The only reason he thinks economics are disposable to achieve his agenda is because it's not hurting HIM.

Somebody has got to stand up to you a$$holes and stand for human decency, compassion, health science, and common sense.

You prattle because someone told you that would be a devastating argument if you just repeated it over and over.

If somebody really needs to stand up for decency, compassion, science, and common sense, shouldn't it be someone who isn't a piss-brained moral slug who couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag? And yes, since I know you're not bright enough to figure this out on your own, I DO mean you.

It's obvious that whoever told you your slogan was a brilliant piece of rhetoric also told you that if you just keep telling us how we don't meet up to your standards, we would somehow magically start caring and wanting your approval. For the record, I scoop stuff out of my cat's litter box that I value more than your approval.

You can talk to me about "selfish" when YOU aren't demanding that the entire world become homeless and starve just because your pansy ass can't handle personal responsibility.

View attachment 330558
Just depends who you like working for more.

Every corporation on The Earth is immoral, exploitative, and greedy ... except, of course, for the one that pays our salary.

You don't give a flying fuck about human life. You support the shutdown because you believe you have a guaranteed source of income and that it won't hurt you. Plus you believe it will save Joe Biden's ass. If millions of Americans are wiped out financially, that's a price you are willing to pay.

I guess, you are a fat, sweat dripping chick and thus sojourning in your vicinity is inevitible.

So does it actually make you feel better to denigrate my looks when you know that, whatever I look like, I'm STILL too good for you and still wouldn't allow you near me? I mean, far be it from me to stop you from recognizing that you're beneath virtually the entire female population, but I'm surprised you do it so quickly.

Forum List

Back