🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Welfare dependent bottom feeders and incarcerated criminals working our agriculture industries?

There is a lot more to it than just that. There are re-entry programs that teach them how to budget money, coping skills, AA/NA, etc. Just working isn't rehab.
Yeah, we did those for all inmates in their last year, too. What he mostly needed was the work experience and the chance to fall on his nose and be given another chance, which we did a handful of times 'til he got it right.
What place is this? Where I am from people getting out of prison are basically set up to go back into the prison system.
Maine. We had an active work release program that got guys good jobs in the community during their last year so they could pay off fines, get some $$ together for when they got released, and get a good job reference. Some of them even stayed in the area to take full time offers from the bosses they had been working for in the work release program. It is only for minimum security inmates, but still. That is a lot. Inmates fought to get those jobs. If your state doesn't have them, they should.

...but was that before.

Yep. Dukakis took a program designed for low risk people, and used it to let a murderer out into the community to viciously rape and stab innocent people.

It still amazes me that the lib press managed to spin that into a racial thing.

It was a racial thing... there is a video that explains it extremely well. I can't find the exact video... but there are subtle issues used throughout the ad to exaggerate feelings in people. They show his old photo when he had an afro and looked more "militant." They then showed him in a picture surrounded by cops. They made it sound like what he did, happened ALL the time... it did not. There is a complete breakdown of it.

There is a lot more to it than just that. There are re-entry programs that teach them how to budget money, coping skills, AA/NA, etc. Just working isn't rehab.
Yeah, we did those for all inmates in their last year, too. What he mostly needed was the work experience and the chance to fall on his nose and be given another chance, which we did a handful of times 'til he got it right.
What place is this? Where I am from people getting out of prison are basically set up to go back into the prison system.
Maine. We had an active work release program that got guys good jobs in the community during their last year so they could pay off fines, get some $$ together for when they got released, and get a good job reference. Some of them even stayed in the area to take full time offers from the bosses they had been working for in the work release program. It is only for minimum security inmates, but still. That is a lot. Inmates fought to get those jobs. If your state doesn't have them, they should.

...but was that before.

Willie Horton would not have been eligible for the work release program because of his crime. And from the inmates that were technically "eligible," we only sent the best "ambassadors" out into the community. It was a lot of work, for us and for the employers to get things set up. But it paid off.
I'm sorry that guy screwed up things for you guys. Mass, is it?

Huh? He didn't screw anything up for "us."

Horton was just one of thousands of guys that were part of the program, and the ad made him seem like the norm, not the exception.

No law, program, or anything in this world is 100% except constants like gravity and the speed of light. The problem is when the exceptions get in the hands of politicians and they make commercials and their supporters eat it up instead of doing a little critical thinking and research.

...but was that before.

Yep. Dukakis took a program designed for low risk people, and used it to let a murderer out into the community to viciously rape and stab innocent people.

It was a racial thing... there is a video that explains it extremely well. I can't find the exact video... but there are subtle issues used throughout the ad to exaggerate feelings in people. They show his old photo when he had an afro and looked more "militant." They then showed him in a picture surrounded by cops. They made it sound like what he did, happened ALL the time... it did not. There is a complete breakdown of it.

Don't bother, I'm sure I've heard it all before.

They used a picture that made him look more "militant"? That's focusing on his politics and his beliefs, not his skin color.

And really, if he was white and was released because of Dukakis and went on stabby rape spree, do you think that that would not have been a valid point as to what kind of bleeding heart moron Dukakis was?

It was his ACTIONS, and Dukakis's role in his release that was the meat of the ad.

To prove that it was all just racial, you need to show that there was a white murderer who Dukakis enabled to commit even worse crimes and the GOP overlooked that to use the black one.

...but was that before.

Willie Horton would not have been eligible for the work release program because of his crime. And from the inmates that were technically "eligible," we only sent the best "ambassadors" out into the community. It was a lot of work, for us and for the employers to get things set up. But it paid off.

This is how the program died.

"Democratic Presidential candidate Michael Dukakis was the governor of Massachusetts at the time of Horton's release, and while he did not start the furlough program, he had supported it as a method of criminal rehabilitation. The state inmate furlough program, originally signed into law by Republican Governor Francis Sargent in 1972, excluded convicted first-degree murderers. However, in 1973, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that this right extended to first-degree murderers, because the law specifically did not exclude them.[6][7] The Massachusetts legislature quickly passed a bill prohibiting furloughs for such inmates. However, in 1976, Dukakis vetoed this bill arguing it would "cut the heart out of efforts at inmate rehabilitation."[8]

The program remained in effect through the intervening term of Governor Edward J. King, and was abolished during Dukakis' final term of office on April 28, 1988, after Dukakis had decided to run for President. This abolition occurred only after the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune had run 175 stories about the furlough program and won a Pulitzer Prize"

Wow. We used to sweat weekend passes. There is no supervision on those things. They didn't get granted much, I'll tell ya.
The furlough program, risky as it is, IS truly important for guys who have been locked up for twenty or thirty years, though. They have to get acclimatized to all the changes that have taken place--EVERYTHING is different. I don't know how they do it for people like Willie Horton, but Dukaikis had a point. I don't know if it's rehabilitation so much as re-entry, but my supervisor hated giving the guys a break, and even she swore by the furlough program for those long-term guys getting out.

Lol work the fields or die. Maybe it'll head there, and that's what will finally set things off.

“Set things off”?
Civil War #2

Why would you think that?
Because forcing people to work or die is what set off the 1st one.
Whos being forced? They are being offered money in return for services. Dont want to work? Thats fine, but dont expect money. Its simple.

...but was that before.

Huh? He didn't screw anything up for "us."

Horton was just one of thousands of guys that were part of the program, and the ad made him seem like the norm, not the exception.

No law, program, or anything in this world is 100% except constants like gravity and the speed of light. The problem is when the exceptions get in the hands of politicians and they make commercials and their supporters eat it up instead of doing a little critical thinking and research.

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were saying it was too bad that "after" willie horton you didn't have a work program.

You're right of course. Things are bound to happen and we shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

...but was that before.

They used a picture that made him look more "militant"? That's focusing on his politics and his beliefs, not his skin color.

And really, if he was white and was released because of Dukakis and went on stabby rape spree, do you think that that would not have been a valid point as to what kind of bleeding heart moron Dukakis was?

It was his ACTIONS, and Dukakis's role in his release that was the meat of the ad.

To prove that it was all just racial, you need to show that there was a white murderer who Dukakis enabled to commit even worse crimes and the GOP overlooked that to use the black one.

That was just a couple things... another example, when they show the inmates walking through the gates... out of ALL the inmates walking in the revolving gate, the only one to look up directly into the camera, the ONLY Black one.

...but was that before.

This is how the program died.

"Democratic Presidential candidate Michael Dukakis was the governor of Massachusetts at the time of Horton's release, and while he did not start the furlough program, he had supported it as a method of criminal rehabilitation. The state inmate furlough program, originally signed into law by Republican Governor Francis Sargent in 1972, excluded convicted first-degree murderers. However, in 1973, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that this right extended to first-degree murderers, because the law specifically did not exclude them.[6][7] The Massachusetts legislature quickly passed a bill prohibiting furloughs for such inmates. However, in 1976, Dukakis vetoed this bill arguing it would "cut the heart out of efforts at inmate rehabilitation."[8]

The program remained in effect through the intervening term of Governor Edward J. King, and was abolished during Dukakis' final term of office on April 28, 1988, after Dukakis had decided to run for President. This abolition occurred only after the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune had run 175 stories about the furlough program and won a Pulitzer Prize"

Wow. We used to sweat weekend passes. There is no supervision on those things. They didn't get granted much, I'll tell ya.
The furlough program, risky as it is, IS truly important for guys who have been locked up for twenty or thirty years, though. They have to get acclimatized to all the changes that have taken place--EVERYTHING is different. I don't know how they do it for people like Willie Horton, but Dukaikis had a point. I don't know if it's rehabilitation so much as re-entry, but my supervisor hated giving the guys a break, and even she swore by the furlough program for those long-term guys getting out.

Horton was already a lifer without the possibility of parole.

It was utter insanity that the Supreme Court ruled that such people had to be covered, and that Gov Dukakis vetoed the legal attempt to fix that insanity.

Pointing out such terrible judgment was completely called for.

...but was that before.

That was just a couple things... another example, when they show the inmates walking through the gates... out of ALL the inmates walking in the revolving gate, the only one to look up directly into the camera, the ONLY Black one.

A LIFER WAS LET OUT TO RAPE AND STAB INNOCENT PEOPLE.

BY DUKAKIS.

That was the point of the ad. That was true.

Anyone stupid enough to let out a murderer serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, is too stupid to be President.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

You are quibbling over presentation to distract from the real failure of bleeding heart liberalism.

AND it succeeded. IN the Conventional Wisdom, this ad is considered "evidence" of GOP racism.

...but was that before.

BY DUKAKIS.

Anyone stupid enough to let out a murderer serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, is too stupid to be President.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

You are quibbling over presentation to distract from the real failure of bleeding heart liberalism.

AND it succeeded. IN the Conventional Wisdom, this ad is considered "evidence" of GOP racism.

How many people as part of that program did what he did compared to the number of success stories? It would be nice if you knew a single thing about what you are talking about.

BY DUKAKIS.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

How many people as part of that program did what he did compared to the number of success stories? It would be nice if you knew a single thing about what you are talking about.

Dukakis did not start the program. He caused it's end.

THe crazy ass lib court ruled that murders had to be included in the program, and when the legislature passed a law to fix that, dukakis vetoed it, because he wanted murders to be included.

It was personally his judgement call, that led to Willie Horton, the murderer serving a life sentence, being furloughed so he could rape and stab.

HIs political beliefs, and judgement led him to that action and those results.

And you libs managed to successfully spread the lie that that was about race.

IF the program was a major success, that simply INCREASES the negative consequences of Dukakis's actions, not mitigates it.

BY DUKAKIS.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

THe crazy ass lib court ruled that murders had to be included in the program, and when the legislature passed a law to fix that, dukakis vetoed it, because he wanted murders to be included.

It was personally his judgement call, that led to Willie Horton, the murderer serving a life sentence, being furloughed so he could rape and stab.

IF the program was a major success, that simply INCREASES the negative consequences of Dukakis's actions, not mitigates it.

And you still don't get it... and as long as people like you don't get it, Trump will continue to run ads like his new one that is simply Willie Horton 2.0. Trump has done nothing but rehash old Republican plays that worked before. He let Bannon institute a new version of the Southern Strategy... Which was used before. Then he rehashed Reagan's "Make America Great Again" statement. Then he rehashed the Willie Horton ad. Hell, you could go as far back as the string of Republican Presidents before FDR and WWII and say Trump stole that isolationist/nationalist agenda.

And I'm not a Lib. Never was, never will be... because I'm no longer dumb enough to let a political party tell me what the truth is rather than doing my own thinking.

Edit: Trump has also copied Nixon in that he has taken the few violent events done by ANTIFA and blamed all of the people that oppose him for it... just like Nixon blamed everyone that opposed him of supporting violent race riots.

Last edited:
Next time you call customer service and it isn't someone from India... you might just be talking to an inmate. Prisons don't just make licence plates, bake bread, or grow food anymore.
You seem to know a lot about prison. Are you posting from one?

It's called an education. It helps to have one when debating a topic.
I guess that leaves you out then.

BY DUKAKIS.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

And you still don't get it... and as long as people like you don't get it, Trump will continue to run ads like his new one that is simply Willie Horton 2.0. Trump has done nothing but rehash old Republican plays that worked before. He let Bannon institute a new version of the Southern Strategy... Which was used before. Then he rehashed Reagan's "Make America Great Again" statement. Then he rehashed the Willie Horton ad. Hell, you could go as far back as the string of Republican Presidents before FDR and WWII and say Trump stole that isolationist/nationalist agenda.

And I'm not a Lib. Never was, never will be... because I'm no longer dumb enough to let a political party tell me what the truth is rather than doing my own thinking.

Edit: Trump has also copied Nixon in that he has taken the few violent events done by ANTIFA and blamed all of the people that oppose him for it... just like Nixon blamed everyone that opposed him of supporting violent race riots.

1. I get it. You libs quibble about presentation, and pretend that that is more important than the fact that a bleeding heart liberal gave a lifer a vacation from prison and he raped a woman and stabbed her and her husband. And you have convinced that nation that this is true, though massive repetition.

2. The Southern Strategy is a lie. Nixon did not pander to southern racists and neither has any republican since then.

3. Noting wrong with Reagan's "Make American Great Again".

4. A return to non interventionism is a valid policy option. The Cold War is over. We are not the World's policeman.

5. Antifa is supported by the mainstream dems/libs, from dem mayors who order cops to stand down, to lib faculty who cancel conservative speakers, to lib posters on this site that give political cover for their brown shirts.

BY DUKAKIS.

DANGEROUSLY STUPID.

1. I get it. You libs quibble about presentation, and pretend that that is more important than the fact that a bleeding heart liberal gave a lifer a vacation from prison and he raped a woman and stabbed her and her husband. And you have convinced that nation that this is true, though massive repetition.

2. The Southern Strategy is a lie. Nixon did not pander to southern racists and neither has any republican since then.

3. Noting wrong with Reagan's "Make American Great Again".

4. A return to non interventionism is a valid policy option. The Cold War is over. We are not the World's policeman.

5. Antifa is supported by the mainstream dems/libs, from dem mayors who order cops to stand down, to lib faculty who cancel conservative speakers, to lib posters on this site that give political cover for their brown shirts.
#5 is like totally inaccurate and you never provided proof of your assertions by asking every single democrat in the USA...

Would the Left shit their pants if ‘someone’ had the balls to propose such a measure?
How would you vote if a piece of legislation on this came down the pipeline?

I would have no problem with prisoners working in the fields they would welcome getting out for 8 hours a day. But I believe they already do this in some places. I also have no problem with prisoner's on death row being forced to give up organs to save a life.

Forum List

Back