Welfare isn't keeping up with food costs and these people are fed up

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Go to a walmart a look at people......does not appear that very many are under fed.....Just sayin'.

Welcome to the party pal. Try actually having to pay for it. Hell, I bet that I am supporting at least ten invisible people at my dinner table every evening. There are the Makers and then there are the Takers.

LOL.....I bet they could find some more money for SNAP if they defunded PBS......But then there is the rub.....PBS while it sucks, it's something that some of the producers in our society enjoy but it (or something else) would be scrapped in a minute to enable some 300#+ welfare queen to buy fudge rounds.

better.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, there are those abusing the systems.

But studies have shown they are not the majority of those who get food stamps and other benefits.

Denying food to the population, or it costing so much they cannot afford it, is a good way to start a revolution.

Go to a walmart a look at people......does not appear that very many are under fed.....Just sayin'.

Welcome to the party pal. Try actually having to pay for it. Hell, I bet that I am supporting at least ten invisible people at my dinner table every evening. There are the Makers and then there are the Takers.

LOL.....I bet they could find some more money for SNAP if they defunded PBS......But then there is the rub.....PBS while it sucks, it's something that some of the producers in our society enjoy but it (or something else) would be scrapped in a minute to enable some 300#+ welfare queen to buy fudge rounds.

View attachment 954063

They could find more money for SNAP if they didn’t have to provide food and housing for millions of illegals.

But studies have shown they are not the majority of those who get food stamps and other benefits.

Denying food to the population, or it costing so much they cannot afford it, is a good way to start a revolution.
That’s the problem with Biden’s inflation-increasing spending. It makes things cost more. Millions of people who were formerly able to afford groceries are now struggling.

As far as SNAP, there should be a requirement that anyone on the program who has children of school-age should at the minimum work 20 hours a week or forfeit their food stamps. The majority (60+%) who are on food stamps have not worked at all in the past year.

So rather than cry about “we can’t deny food to people!,“ how about making them WORK to contribute to their own food? Why should able-bodied adults think they are entitled to getting all the food they need provided to them with OPM, and they just refuse to get even a part-time job?

View attachment 954063

Left wing economics 101.

1. Get everyone on dependent on government assistance.

2. Then once everyone has been disempowered and dependent on the government, scale back government assistance.

We have seen this in other countries like Greece. Why do people always seem surprised when they do this?

Are SNAP benefits keeping up with the rising costs of Crack, Smack or Tranq- that's the real question? A lot of SNAP recipients sell their benefits for cash money that they can use to get loaded.

Are SNAP benefits keeping up with the rising costs of Crack, Smack or Tranq- that's the real question? A lot of SNAP recipients sell their benefits for cash money that they can use to get loaded.
There is no inflation. It's just big Oil and Big Grocery that are raising prices on the average person cuz they are all greedy.

:auiqs.jpg:

If hunger is the excuse for the food stamp program then we should limit purchases to staple foods like beans, rice, bread, vegetables ect

No snack foods, pizza, ice cream ect

I always did say....Don't recharge the EBT cards and watch our society fall apart within 10 days.

I certainly would not want to live in an blue population center when that happens.

That’s the problem with Biden’s inflation-increasing spending. It makes things cost more. Millions of people who were formerly able to afford groceries are now struggling.

As far as SNAP, there should be a requirement that anyone on the program who has children of school-age should at the minimum work 20 hours a week or forfeit their food stamps. The majority (60+%) who are on food stamps have not worked at all in the past year.

So rather than cry about “we can’t deny food to people!,“ how about making them WORK to contribute to their own food? Why should able-bodied adults think they are entitled to getting all the food they need provided to them with OPM, and they just refuse to get even a part-time job?

What is a 20 hour per week job? Do they exist? Does it pay enough to cover gas, lunches, clothes, daycare? Do they have a car to get to it? How do you keep a running, insured, registered car on food stamps? Welfare checks? Not possible in CA I would bet unless the home is free with free heat or AC.

"Nearly three-quarters of adults who participate in SNAP in a typical month work either that month or within a year of that month of participation. Over half of individuals who were participating in SNAP in a typical month in mid-2012 were working in that month. Furthermore, 74 percent worked in the year before or after that month (in the 25-month period). Rates were even higher when work among other household members is counted: 81 percent of SNAP households with a non-disabled adult, and 87 percent of households with children and a non-disabled adult, included at least one member who worked in this 25-month period."

If hunger is the excuse for the food stamp program then we should limit purchases to staple foods like beans, rice, bread, vegetables ect

it is already supposed to be like that. But many will trade the EBT for 1/2 value cash and buy booze, smokes or gamble. Unscrupulous store owners are willing to exchange $500 food stamps for $300 cash….like a loan.

Yep, before the grocery lobby got involved to cash in on the grift that is how it was done......USDA staple boxes were issued to the needy who were vetted before hand. Think .gov cheese.

OIP.WiSwSQEM9EmWc3IXlQMrPAHaFS

What is a 20 hour per week job? Do they exist? Does it pay enough to cover gas, lunches, clothes, daycare? Do they have a car to get to it? How do you keep a running, insured, registered car on food stamps? Welfare checks? Not possible in CA I would bet unless the home is free with free heat or AC.
Some people work 3 of those.

They could find more money for SNAP if they didn’t have to provide food and housing for millions of illegals.

Not really they money for the illegals is being funneled from other government programs.

"Nearly three-quarters of adults who participate in SNAP in a typical month work either that month or within a year of that month of participation. Over half of individuals who were participating in SNAP in a typical month in mid-2012 were working in that month. Furthermore, 74 percent worked in the year before or after that month (in the 25-month period). Rates were even higher when work among other household members is counted: 81 percent of SNAP households with a non-disabled adult, and 87 percent of households with children and a non-disabled adult, included at least one member who worked in this 25-month period."
Pew study: 61% of SNAP were not employed at all for an entire year while receiving food paid for by hard-working taxpayers:

Damn Biden.

American taxpayers subsidize the poor while corporations making record profits continue to underpay their employees who could barely keep up before the cost of everything went up.

Forum List

Back