🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well here's a sure winner Democratic Underground wants to form a progressive militia

A gun is nothing to be feared, it is some of the people that have love affairs with their guns that bother me.

I kind of see where your coming from. most of us gun nerds are really safe folks, unless beer is involved.

Hell,we drink and shoot all the time. Of course we arent getting shit faced while we do it and I shoot straighter after a few beers.

We do beer after while we clean and pack. There is typically food involved to so that kind of slows the beer from influencing us to much. Still a good safe time though.

Gun safety is so ingrained in me from shooting for the last 40 years that a few beers wont change my habits.

We only had one. dont know how it happened, but our friend was doing a reload and he shot the wall at the indoor range. REALLY pissed off the range officer and got him 86'ed for life. Still cant say how that happened, but it hasn't ever come up again. Oh, and he did it with an M! Garand. For me it was pheasant with my father. I developed the nasty habit of keeping the safety off and finger resting on the guard. Never forget what happened. I fell and BOOM! I gt a mega ass whipping and was not invited to go again until i was 17. happened when i was 13.

Accidental discharges will happen if you shoot enough.
I've had two in my forty years. One was due to a faulty trigger in a model 700 .270 Remington that has a history of faulty triggers.
Huge fix for the country’s most popular gun I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. As always I kept it pointed downrange and pulled the trigger repeatedly and it went off. So not really an accidental discharge.
My second was a Ruger .22 Luger pistol that had a hair trigger from hell. I was around 13 at the time and it put the fear of God in me.

Forum List

Back