Well, I guess she has a point -- Pregnant Texas woman stopped for driving solo in HOV told police ...

We used to have that in my state. I don't know of any place that still does that. It was mandated by city instead of the entire state, so customers who needed alcohol for a party or whatever would simply go to the next city that sold alcohol on Sunday, and they all quit doing it after a while.
Oh they still do that here.

Brazos county (College Station) is a dry county so any A&M student wanting liquor has to drive to the Brazos River and cross into Burleson county, where liquor stores line the river front.

Collin County, where I live, is not a dry county, but I'll leave it up to the cities. If I want some hooch, I have to go down to Plano.

But statewide, no alcohol sales of anytime before noon on Sunday, and no liquor sales at all on Sunday. Fucking stupid.

How is she not a passenger?

She is riding in a vehicle, but she is not the one who is operating that vehicle. That makes her a passenger, even if she happens to be inside of the person who is operating the vehicle.

She can try to make that claim in court but a judge will not likely see it that way. The law is designed to give special treatment to people that carpool, and a fetus can't carpool.

Forum List

Back