Well it didn't take the screamer long to get his lawyers lined up

It's a real shitty thing to get fucked over by an airline when traveling. But in the end it is their aircraft and their business, it's not public transportation. I think they have the right to refuse service or bump people, legally. I know it sucks when it happens because it's often out of your control. But if it happens, act like an adult, not a petulant child. If the airline asks you to leave the aircraft then you must do it. At that point the decision has been made, they aren't taking off with you on it. Refusal will only get you marked as a "troublemaker" and you could end up on a no-fly list. In this day and age there is no fucking around with safety and security on a plane.

The soon to be rich doctor already has his lawyers ready to sick 'em on the soon to be defendents.

Watch now: Dr. David Dao's lawyers, daughter speak to the media

Lawyers for Dr. David Dao, the Kentucky doctor who was violently pulled from a United Airlines flight on Sunday, have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Thursday in Chicago. His daughter, Crystal Dao Pepper, will also speak....

Watch now: Dr. David Dao's lawyers, daughter speak to the media

The guy saw his chance for a fortune and he took it......he knew that refusing to leave would lead the cops to extract him, and he made sure that he made a spectacle for youtube...now he is going to cash in...the guy is a genius....except for that whole, selling drugs for sex with his patients and losing his medical license thing....
So your assumption when you disagree with an employee at an airport is that you'll get your ass beat???
His rights were violated and he's acting appropriately.

It's a supreme irony that the poster to whom you just responded, who comes in whining about a guy who makes noise for having his rights violated ----------------- is the same guy who's obsessed with making whining noises about how his gun rights in Australia might be violated.

It's a real shitty thing to get fucked over by an airline when traveling. But in the end it is their aircraft and their business, it's not public transportation. I think they have the right to refuse service or bump people, legally. I know it sucks when it happens because it's often out of your control. But if it happens, act like an adult, not a petulant child. If the airline asks you to leave the aircraft then you must do it. At that point the decision has been made, they aren't taking off with you on it. Refusal will only get you marked as a "troublemaker" and you could end up on a no-fly list. In this day and age there is no fucking around with safety and security on a plane.

You could have just said -- "Look at the way he was dressed, he was askin' for it".

Wimp. :gay:

Care to guess on how many millions he'll likely collect?
I hope many $Millions.

I'm certain it will be.
Their stock has lost hundreds of millions, heads will roll, lawsuits will cost additional millions, boycotts even more millions.
When it's all said and done United for it's fuck up, will likely either be gone or a shell of it's former self.
As it should be. Passengers have been treated like cattle for decades. This will force much needed changes in passengers rights.

Really this is as much about police culture/authoritarian culture in general as it is about United Airlines. There's little difference between this and Eric Casebolt, the cop who manhandled a teenage girl at a pool party in Texas, or that other asshat who came into a classroom and threw another teenage girl across the room. That is what's on trial here ----- that bullshit testosteronic "might makes right" mentality. It's gotta go, yesterday.

And it's not surprising to see the same authoritarian-passive sycophants again taking the side of the Jackboot against the victim.

And what a supreme irony that the recipient of this testosteronic bullshit is named "Dao", which is the pronunciation of "Tao".

That is what's on trial here ----- that bullshit testosteronic "might makes right" mentality. It's gotta go, yesterday.

Absolutely, it has got to go. But the thing is, these episodes are not a sign of strength. The exact opposite. They are indicative of a institution in serious decline. Come on, authority beating up little girls and old men. Hell, that's all they got.

Yeah, sue United's ass off. Sure, sue the security company. But you know what, SHAME the rest of the passengers. I would like to think that if I was on the plane and knew the situation the airline employees would have been renting a car and Dr. Dao would be back at home without a broke face. If I were traveling with my sons I know those employees would be have rented a car. It is that might makes right thing turned around on their head.

When I first saw the video what occurred to me is, why aren't the rest of the passengers standing up and/or walking out in protest? A nation of emasculated sheep.

If Dr Dao had done that then things would have returned to business as usual. Nobody would have ever heard about it

By standing up for his rights, he forced a major Airline to change it's policy and will probably impact how all airlines can bump their passengers

If Dr Dao had done that then things would have returned to business as usual. Nobody would have ever heard about it

By standing up for his rights, he forced a major Airline to change it's policy and will probably impact how all airlines can bump their passengers

The next video I'd like to see is ---- the waiting area at the gate the next time United asks for "volunteers".

And how they uh, phrase it.

You could have just said -- "Look at the way he was dressed, he was askin' for it".

I haven't seen the video, how he is dressed is irrelevant.

I hope many $Millions.

I'm certain it will be.
Their stock has lost hundreds of millions, heads will roll, lawsuits will cost additional millions, boycotts even more millions.
When it's all said and done United for it's fuck up, will likely either be gone or a shell of it's former self.
As it should be. Passengers have been treated like cattle for decades. This will force much needed changes in passengers rights.

Really this is as much about police culture/authoritarian culture in general as it is about United Airlines. There's little difference between this and Eric Casebolt, the cop who manhandled a teenage girl at a pool party in Texas, or that other asshat who came into a classroom and threw another teenage girl across the room. That is what's on trial here ----- that bullshit testosteronic "might makes right" mentality. It's gotta go, yesterday.

And it's not surprising to see the same authoritarian-passive sycophants again taking the side of the Jackboot against the victim.

And what a supreme irony that the recipient of this testosteronic bullshit is named "Dao", which is the pronunciation of "Tao".

That is what's on trial here ----- that bullshit testosteronic "might makes right" mentality. It's gotta go, yesterday.

Absolutely, it has got to go. But the thing is, these episodes are not a sign of strength. The exact opposite. They are indicative of a institution in serious decline. Come on, authority beating up little girls and old men. Hell, that's all they got.

Yeah, sue United's ass off. Sure, sue the security company. But you know what, SHAME the rest of the passengers. I would like to think that if I was on the plane and knew the situation the airline employees would have been renting a car and Dr. Dao would be back at home without a broke face. If I were traveling with my sons I know those employees would be have rented a car. It is that might makes right thing turned around on their head.

When I first saw the video what occurred to me is, why aren't the rest of the passengers standing up and/or walking out in protest? A nation of emasculated sheep.

I did hear them yelling at the officers and then standing up for the doctor while they were roughing him up

I have seen other passengers forcibly removed from airlines. Usually because of their own behavior. In every case, the passengers cheered as the guy was removed

In this case, they all supported the doctor

The case will go then go to appeals court for years, unless the doctor accepts a settlement waaaay lower. Looks like the victim is already the bad guy according to some posters here.

I don't think he's necessarily the "bad guy", but I do suspect he may not be such an innocent victim either.
The bottom line to me is, he could have chosen to make the best out of a bad situation, and instead of making sure the entire flight is screwed and everyone gets home late, he could have complied, gotten off, allowed the rest of the passengers to get to their appointments, and then sought proper compensation later.

I hope it does change the way they overbook and bump people. But the airline isn't responsible for his injuries from the police.

Thank you.

The case will go then go to appeals court for years, unless the doctor accepts a settlement waaaay lower. Looks like the victim is already the bad guy according to some posters here.

I don't think he's necessarily the "bad guy", but I do suspect he may not be such an innocent victim either.
The bottom line to me is, he could have chosen to make the best out of a bad situation, and instead of making sure the entire flight is screwed and everyone gets home late, he could have complied, gotten off, allowed the rest of the passengers to get to their appointments, and then sought proper compensation later.
either way they had no right to physically harm him.. I have had plenty of customers I would have liked to smack around but it's ILLEGAL!

The analogy just sailed over your hood.

I'm certain it will be.

I did hear them yelling at the officers and then standing up for the doctor while they were roughing him up

I have seen other passengers forcibly removed from airlines. Usually because of their own behavior. In every case, the passengers cheered as the guy was removed

In this case, they all supported the doctor

They did, but from the little else we know, they then settled in and tuned out. Kind of recalls Kitty Genovese.

I would have loved to see the video continue with some passenger standing up and shouting "you can't treat people like that --- drag me off too! Who's with me?" and then half the plane stands up in defiance. Imagine the PR hit that would have meant.

Too many people just roll over. That's why Dao made a difference --- he refused to roll over. Good on him, more people should gather up the gonads to do that.

I hope it does change the way they overbook and bump people. But the airline isn't responsible for his injuries from the police.

I hold United responsible

They are the ones who decided to bump seated passengers to accommodate more crew. Given that the next flight was not available until 3PM the next day, they should have anticipated an unruly crowd once their offers of compensation were ignored

It was United who made the decision to call in the Brute Squad instead of backing down on their bumping decision

United should not have been surprised when the Brute Squad acted like brutes

it's a reference to conservative a**holes who try and blame rape victims for being raped...

I hold United responsible

They are the ones who decided to bump seated passengers to accommodate more crew. Given that the next flight was not available until 3PM the next day, they should have anticipated an unruly crowd once their offers of compensation were ignored

It was United who made the decision to call in the Brute Squad instead of backing down on their bumping decision

United should not have been surprised when the Brute Squad acted like brutes

Another thing we learned to day -- is the Dr. was on the plane with his wife.

Is it policy to separate a husband & wife to "re-accommodate" an involuntary volunteer?

Last edited:
NEW video recorded onboard a United Airlines plane shows the moments that led to a passenger being violently dragged from the overbooked flight.

The footage, captured by a passenger sat directly behind Dr David Dao, shows the Kentucky physician telling police he would rather go to jail than get off the plane, saying “you can drag me”.

Earlier footage of Dr Dao being dragged bloodied and screaming from the plane — scheduled to travel from Chicago to Kentucky — has made global headlines, earned the US carrier international condemnation, and wiped a reported $1.3 billion from the company’s value.

But vision showing what led to the shocking act adds another layer to the scandalous story.

The clip, recorded by a woman sitting behind Dr Dao, shows him talking on the phone while being asked to leave the aircraft by police.

He refuses, saying: “I won’t go. I’m a physician, have to work tomorrow at 8 o’clock.”

Dr Dao is heard to say he will “make a lawsuit against United Airlines” and adamantly refuses to vacate his seat.

A police officer says to Dr Dao: “I have to drag you ... You know how this is going to end up happening, right?”

A clearly angry Dr Dao says the officer can drag him from the flight, and that he’d rather go to jail.

“You can drag me then, I don’t go. I’m staying. You’ll have to drag me,” he said.

While the officer explains to Dr Dao that not co-operating will make things “a lot harder for you”, Dr Dao interjects saying “I’d rather go to jail”.

Confused, the cop questions Dr Dao seeking to clarify what he has said.

“You’d rather go to jail that just get off the plane?” he asks.

“Yeah,” Dr Dao is heard to reply.

Moments that led to passenger being violently dragged from plane

Forum List

Back