Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

So does that mean they're not meant to actually support a life for anyone?

Then businesses are paying unliveable wages and the taxpayer is having to pick up the slack for the consumer. Oh. Right. The US model. My bad.
Why is it the responsibility of a business to pay a 'liveable" wage? How is it not the responsibility of the worker to make themselves more valuable to any employer?

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg

Why is it the responsibility of a business to pay a 'liveable" wage? How is it not the responsibility of the worker to make themselves more valuable to any employer?

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg
When you pay a decent wage you don`t have a never ending parade of temporary workers. When new employees come in the experienced ones have to train them and now you have 2 non productive people on the payroll. How smart is that? Fast food workers have been shot, stabbed, beaten, and verbally abused by customers that too often have guns.

When you pay a decent wage you don`t have a never ending parade of temporary workers. When new employees come in the experienced ones have to train them and now you have 2 non productive people on the payroll. How smart is that? Fast food workers have been shot, stabbed, beaten, and verbally abused by customers that too often have guns.
When it is a no-skill job you think merits a "living" wage, where does a 16-year-old kid get their first job?

So does that mean they're not meant to actually support a life for anyone?
YES!

Then businesses are paying unliveable wages and the taxpayer is having to pick up the slack for the consumer.

Or businesses pay a livable wage and the consumer has to pay much higher prices. You do understand that higher labor costs results in higher prices, fewer jobs, relocation, or automation, right?

I posted this earlier in the thread.

Pretty good for "small profit margins" eh?
Maybe the wages worldwide should match the current wage paid by McDonalds in the US. You fail to take into account that the typical wage for McDs workers in the US is $8.40. US fast food workers making $15/hr (not counting benefits) are making almost double what their counterparts in the rest of the country make. Those workers in Mexico and China make less that $2/hr and no other country in the world matches $15. Those US workers are overpaid and will be replaced by automation.

Maybe the wages worldwide should match the current wage paid by McDonalds in the US. You fail to take into account that the typical wage for McDs workers in the US is $8.40. US fast food workers making $15/hr (not counting benefits) are making almost double what their counterparts in the rest of the country make. Those workers in Mexico and China make less that $2/hr and no other country in the world matches $15. Those US workers are overpaid and will be replaced by automation.

McD's is a U.S. company. I care less what happens in other countries.

I doubt there is anywhere in the country McD's is still paying $8.40. Over half the states minimum wage already exceeds that.

The only catch is that companies like UHaul charge you over double to leave places like California than they do if your moving to those places.

They did that when I moved out of CA ten years ago. Three loads--each subsequent load was more expensive for a smaller trailer. Small price to pay. I'd do it again if I still lived there. Screw the democrats and Newsom.
A couple years ago, a 26' Uhaul from Sacramento to New England was ten thousand dollars.

Liberals basically see employment as slavery, and they want make the slave owners to take good care of their slaves.

A couple years ago, a 26' Uhaul from Sacramento to New England was ten thousand dollars.
Someone has to pay to return that equipment to Sacto. What is the price to rent the same equipment from New England to Sacto? I would bet it is way less than half that price. It is a great indicator of just how pervasive the exodus from Californication is.

Fast food employees don't make much money because society doesn't value their work very much. You can't change that by mandate.

Forum List

Back