Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

When it is a no-skill job you think merits a "living" wage, where does a 16-year-old kid get their first job?
I see more retirees working fast food than teenagers. This isn`t 1970. Skilled or not, you have to show up and do your job and any job dealing with the public can really suck. Shift work sucks too. I worked a place that was open 24/7 for 35 years.

Someone has to pay to return that equipment to Sacto. What is the price to rent the same equipment from New England to Sacto? I would bet it is way less than half that price. It is a great indicator of just how pervasive the exodus from Californication is.
Using a word like Californication is a great indicator of your level of maturity.

When it is a no-skill job you think merits a "living" wage, where does a 16-year-old kid get their first job?
If it's a no skill job it simply doesn't matter if it gets filled or not. Why doesn't the owner just do the work themselves? We don't care if you hire or not. Some of you think oh my there's a job open someone needs to be doing it. Pffft that's laughable

If it's a no skill job it simply doesn't matter if it gets filled or not. Why doesn't the owner just do the work themselves? We don't care if you hire or not. Some of you think oh my there's a job open someone needs to be doing it. Pffft that's laughable
That%27s%20just%20goofy-S.jpg

'Inflation', it's the Democrat's middle name, they just seem to revel in it.
Imagine if you are running a few fast-food franchises. I can see the U-Hauls now!

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signs law to raise minimum wage for fast food workers to $20 per hour​

With two adults working, that’s just enough for a family of four.

Monkey see, monkey do
there still at it check out amazon there are literaly hundred racist black written hate books on whites. how bad we are like they are perfect, how it is ok to have war with us kill us. blacks are the most dangerous and racist folks now. it is scary.

All this does is make every other job out there demand more $$. Inflation is a word for it. There has to be a bottom that everything else is based on. It can be $10, $30, $100 but it will always be the bottom. Then every other type of job will base their pay on that! Everything raises up including the price we all pay for everything and everyone is in the same position they were before all this stupidity. The new $10/hr is $20/Hr but your rent was increased because the cost to hire people increased and supplies increased and property taxes, insurance all increased. Your food prices increased because their employees want more. And on and on and on.

All this does is make every other job out there demand more $$. Inflation is a word for it. There has to be a bottom that everything else is based on. It can be $10, $30, $100 but it will always be the bottom. Then every other type of job will base their pay on that! Everything raises up including the price we all pay for everything and everyone is in the same position they were before all this stupidity. The new $10/hr is $20/Hr but your rent was increased because the cost to hire people increased and supplies increased and property taxes, insurance all increased. Your food prices increased because their employees want more. And on and on and on.
I think most people who support minimum wage think that's most people who don't are just stingy conservatives who believe poor people deserve their lot. That's not it for me at all. I don't support it because it makes no sense. It's like trying to deal with climate change by recalibrating our thermometers.

If those at the top constantly want more and more and more it then becomes reasonable that those further down to want the same.

The real problem is those who don't even work to make any of these items wanting more and more and more at the expense of those who do.

If those at the top constantly want more and more and more it then becomes reasonable that those further down to want the same.

The real problem is those who don't even work to make any of these items wanting more and more and more at the expense of those who do.

Those "at the top" will not be the ones paying for the increased wages. They will not be the ones most affected by the new inflated prices. You, the middle-class consumer will be the ones, that will be cutting the checks to pay for the higher wages, and for the higher prices caused by those higher wages.

Those "at the top" will not be the ones paying for the increased wages. They will not be the ones most affected by the new inflated prices. You, the middle-class consumer will be the ones, that will be cutting the checks to pay for the higher wages, and for the higher prices caused by those higher wages.

I'm good with it. As I said, if some can demand and get higher earnings, all should be able to, especially when many aren't even involved in whatever the product is at all.

Forum List

Back