Well Now Isn't This Just Too Convenient?

i know
it was stupid of the libs to do so then, why would i want to be equally as stupid as they were to criticize Obama for not getting in the way

We are not complaining that Obama isn't going, we are complaining that the hypocrites are silent THIS time.

Only an idiot would observe that Obama isn't more engaged than Bush was.

Well, he's definitley more engaged with showing up on the television circuit, like Leno and 60 minutes. I hear Letterman is pissed that he hasn't been included. I'm sure we'll see BO there soon.

DHS to Obama: Stay Away From Flood Areas
The president has been advised to wait to survey the flood areas in North Dakota and Minnesota so that valuable resources can remain focused on the residents.

The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is urging President Obama to stay away from flood areas in North Dakota and Minnesota ... for now.

While the President might want so survey the region first hand, Napolitano told reporters on a conference call Friday that she would advise the president to wait, given the "extraordinary circumstances" facing the area.

"The focus needs to be on taking care of the residents of Fargo, [N.D.,] Moorhead [Minn.,] all those surrounding communities through the most serious part of this flood," she said. "And then we can begin to work on the issues of recovery. But having him come diverts resources -- quite frankly -- from the immediate response to the flood."

DHS to Obama: Stay Away From Flood Areas - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

And how many times was President Bush ripped to shreds when his DHS said the same thing. HYPOCRITES
So did he head for Camp David for the weekend? :lol:

We are not complaining that Obama isn't going, we are complaining that the hypocrites are silent THIS time.

Well, he's definitley more engaged with showing up on the television circuit, like Leno and 60 minutes. I hear Letterman is pissed that he hasn't been included. I'm sure we'll see BO there soon.

It is still way too early to turn in a report card on Obama. Few presidents in our countries history have been handed the flaming crap bag that Bush passed on. He was elected with a clear margin to advance an agenda to make good on.

In regards to a comparison with Katrina I think the defunding of the corps of engineers on the levys and Brownies inept handling of FEMA enter into the discussion.

Obama has chosen people with experience as oposed to putting peoples lives at the mercy of a horse show judge that contibuted to his campaign.

But don't let that slow you down. The contrast you expose with your belated boot licking is welcome.

It is still way too early to turn in a report card on Obama. Few presidents in our countries history have been handed the flaming crap bag that Bush passed on. He was elected with a clear margin to advance an agenda to make good on.

In regards to a comparison with Katrina I think the defunding of the corps of engineers on the levys and Brownies inept handling of FEMA enter into the discussion.

Obama has chosen people with experience as oposed to putting peoples lives at the mercy of a horse show judge that contibuted to his campaign.

But don't let that slow you down. The contrast you expose with your belated boot licking is welcome.

With as much as Obama has spent in his first 70 days, you are very wrong in assuming he doesn't get a report card. He was handed a recession, but he has created something far worse in his coarse of action. He was elected with a clear cut in electoral votes, but not popular votes...there is a big difference you know?
I think where there was a clear cut let down was from the mayor and the governor of the state. Don't forget that there was funding for the levys years before Katrina. But the funds were diverted to other programs...but let's not let the facts get in the way of your story.
Remember, Bush did the same thing as Obama did in not coming down for the horse show, but the media flamed him on it...funny that it's different now huh?
Once again I say don't let the facts get in the way of your story, Huggie

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Wrong, Obama campaigned as a centrist with fiscal responsibility but is governing completely opposite. If he told the truth about what he was actually gonna do during his campaign, no way he wins the election. "Hope", "Change" and whining about Bush (which he's still doing) was his whole campaign, which went unchallenged and folks such as yourself fell for it hook, line and sinker......

quite frankly, the last thing ANYONE in a devistated area needs, is a swarm of politicians and the media crowd that follows them

Not the point at all. The left tried to crucify Bush cause he did not go and now they are going to ignore the fact Obama won't go. Both were adviced not to go yet Bush was roundly attacked for it.

For me, I attacked Bush, not because he didn't visit the area after Katrina, but because it took 5 days to get our military into our own country to help after a disaster we knew was coming a minimum of 4 days before it hit. This almost immediately following that tsunami 1/2 way around the world that no one knew was coming and our military got there in two days.

People who tried to walk away from New Orleans before the flood, across a bridge into another town were turned back at the point of guns by the other town's police force.

Our military, when they did finally enter New Orleans, went house to house, taking away guns that belonged to the people. Meanwhile our people did NOTHING!!!!

Truth to tell, I'm as ashamed of my fellow American as I am of ex Pres Bush.

quite frankly, the last thing ANYONE in a devistated area needs, is a swarm of politicians and the media crowd that follows them

Not the point at all. The left tried to crucify Bush cause he did not go and now they are going to ignore the fact Obama won't go. Both were adviced not to go yet Bush was roundly attacked for it.

For me, I attacked Bush, not because he didn't visit the area after Katrina, but because it took 5 days to get our military into our own country to help after a disaster we knew was coming a minimum of 4 days before it hit. This almost immediately following that tsunami 1/2 way around the world that no one knew was coming and our military got there in two days.

People who tried to walk away from New Orleans before the flood, across a bridge into another town were turned back at the point of guns by the other town's police force.

Our military, when they did finally enter New Orleans, went house to house, taking away guns that belonged to the people. Meanwhile our people did NOTHING!!!!

so the state and local governments were perfect....it was all bush's fault...

those other places hit as hard as N.O. responded well...gee, i wonder what the difference was...couldn't have been different local government or state government, nope....

so the state and local governments were perfect....it was all bush's fault...

those other places hit as hard as N.O. responded well...gee, i wonder what the difference was...couldn't have been different local government or state government, nope....

New Orleans is below sea level......that's why they got the worst of it.

You ever hear of "The Buck Stops Here"?

Ultimately Bush was responsible. It doesn't matter how inefficient the local government is, the president is responsible for protecting ALL Americans.

oh waaaaaaaaaahhhh....whine whine....

Bush took heat because his entire operation was incompetent...

and the he sad brownie did a hell of a job.

he wasn't engaged at all and his staff had to make a dvd of news reports to get him to focus.

so puleeze.... once again, save the faux outrage.

he wasn't engaged at all and his staff had to make a dvd of news reports to get him to focus.

Usual bullshit from Jillian. Thanks for reminding us what a koolaid drinking retard you are.

You're right, he's a rookie at faux outrage, it should be saved people who are good at it, where's Barney Frank ? ...... :)

It's not faux outrage, indeed not outrage of any type. It's just calling out of hypocrisy. During an ongoing natural disaster, having a POTUS show up is not in the best interests of the community. I agree with the advice given to Obama, same as Bush. That both have other things to do but sit around waiting for the 'time' is disingenuous at best.

the bolded is flat out NOT true
they were there the day of landfall, right after
it took more time to get into new orlean because BRIDGES WERE OUT

sheeesh, dont Fault Bush because there was no way INTO the damn city by road

you realize not a single bit of what you said is the truth
right?
or have you been so brainwashed that you cant tell anymore?

You're saying we have no helicopters or ships.....

Nor were all bridges out.

Plus, FEMA was turning back trucks from Walmart and other companies full of supplies for the victims.

They then put the victims on planes and shipped them all over the country, ONE WAY.

Then the Mexicans brought in a shipload of labor. Americans who remained in the area were fired from their construction jobs as Bush suspended the law for wages and those construction companies hired all those immigrants and very low wages.

Any illegal caught crossing the border at that time was allowed if he only said he was going to clean up Katrina.

Bush deserves all the heat he got for Katrina, and then some.

Plus, FEMA was turning back trucks from Walmart and other companies full of supplies for the victims.

They then put the victims on planes and shipped them all over the country, ONE WAY.

Then the Mexicans brought in a shipload of labor. Americans who remained in the area were fired from their construction jobs as Bush suspended the law for wages and those construction companies hired all those immigrants and very low wages.

Any illegal caught crossing the border at that time was allowed if he only said he was going to clean up Katrina.

all of that is total BULLSHIT

Well, you just lost your credibility. Didn't you read any of the newspapers at the time? Watch the news stations?

And of course, I can't find the articles now because I refuse to pay for back issues.

I'm sure some people on here can recall what really happened. Heck even my doctor volunteered to take care of some of the victims that were shipped here to the Seattle area.

Bet you don't believe Halliburton got no bid contracts for cleaning up the area either.

Bush worshippers are just as bad as the Clinton worshippers.

No one is so blind as he who will not see.

Well, you just lost your credibility. Didn't you read any of the newspapers at the time? Watch the news stations?

And of course, I can't find the articles now because I refuse to pay for back issues.

I'm sure some people on here can recall what really happened. Heck even my doctor volunteered to take care of some of the victims that were shipped here to the Seattle area.

Bet you don't believe Halliburton got no bid contracts for cleaning up the area either.

Bush worshippers are just as bad as the Clinton worshippers.

No one is so blind as he who will not see.
yes, i saw them, and they were later found to have been totally incorrect

Forum List

Back