Well the Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.

Your GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call a veterinarian and have it put down.
I am sorry.

My comment was not a "Gotcha" attempt, merely a thought to ponder. I agree we will not know until the hereafter.
My apologies. You're right. We will not know, either in our lifetimes, or on this plane of existence.
Through the light of human reason I know now.
The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available.
Idk, maybe you are right.
I suspect daveman reads Genesis literally. Which as near as I can tell - relatively speaking - is a new thing.
A New Heaven and a New Earth
…4‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’ and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.” 5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life.
Revelations is tricky.

Your GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call a veterinarian and have it put down.
I am sorry.

My comment was not a "Gotcha" attempt, merely a thought to ponder. I agree we will not know until the hereafter.
My apologies. You're right. We will not know, either in our lifetimes, or on this plane of existence.
The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available.
Are you one of those Christians who want to shoot liberals?
No. I have three liberal leaning sisters and a liberal leaning wife none of which are Christians.

Politics makes people go crazy.

I am sorry.

I suspect daveman reads Genesis literally. Which as near as I can tell - relatively speaking - is a new thing.
Science and religion used to be combined in philosophy. But religion has remained relatively stagnant while science has advanced exponentially
How exactly were you expecting religion to advance?

I am sorry.

…4‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’ and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.” 5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life.
Revelations is tricky.
I make all things new, says god

I am sorry.

Science and religion used to be combined in philosophy. But religion has remained relatively stagnant while science has advanced exponentially
MLK, Gandhi, women priests, women imams, more repentance, more forgiveness, nonviolent protest...

Well when the devout are contently shoving their beliefs down everyone's throat..from everyday judgements to enacting laws, it does a little
You seem to be judging them as well. I see no difference between you and them. I have never had shove their religion down my throat. Sounds like you can't handle others opinions.

I am sorry.

The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available, nor needed or wanted.

I am sorry.

Revelations is tricky.

Not if you stick to historical context.

I am sorry.

MLK, Gandhi, women priests, women imams, more repentance, more forgiveness, nonviolent protest...
What do you believe the role of religion is exactly and how does MLK, Gandhi. female imams and nonviolent protests factor into it?

What do you mean by more repentance and more forgiveness?

I am sorry.

Revelations is tricky.
Setting aside the fact that revelations is about the fall of the Roman Empire, do you believe God said that in actuality?

I am sorry.

Revelations is tricky.

Given that most people believe it is about something that it's not... Revelations is tricky.

I am sorry.

No. I have three liberal leaning sisters and a liberal leaning wife none of which are Christians.

I was talking to daveman

I am sorry.

Revelations is tricky.
Setting aside the fact that revelations is about the fall of the Roman Empire, do you believe God said that in actuality?
I believe it

I am sorry.

Revelations is tricky.

Given that most people believe it is about something that it's not... Revelations is tricky.
The Sixth Trumpet
13Then the sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God 14saying to the sixth angel with the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15So the four angels who had been prepared for this hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind
4 angels: Iran, Lebanon, Syria and iraq?

I am sorry.

Revelations is tricky.
The Roman empire is the progenitor of modern America and Europe

I am sorry.

What do you believe the role of religion is exactly and how does MLK, Gandhi. female imams and nonviolent protests factor into it?

The Fourth Seal: Death
7And when the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8Then I looked and saw a pale green horse. Its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed close behind. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill by sword, by famine, by plague, and by the beasts of the earth. 9And when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony they had upheld
Corona?

I am sorry.

I am sorry.

I am sorry.

Socialism

I am sorry.

I was talking to daveman
My bad. But don't I seem like one of those Christians who wants to shoot liberals :dunno:

Forum List

Back