Well the Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.

Your GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call a veterinarian and have it put down.
I am sorry.

My comment was not a "Gotcha" attempt, merely a thought to ponder. I agree we will not know until the hereafter.
My apologies. You're right. We will not know, either in our lifetimes, or on this plane of existence.
Through the light of human reason I know now.
The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available.
Complete confidence?

Many black supremacists allege that Almighty God is black and the honky is the devil
This is a lie.
You think black supremacists believe God is white?
Not sure what you're trying to prove with this, but go on, I guess.
Jesus Teaches at the Feast
…23If a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses will not be broken, why are you angry with Me for making the whole man well on the Sabbath? 24Stop judging by outward appearances, and start judging justly.” 25Then some of the people of Jerusalem began to say, “Isn’t this the man they are trying to kill?…

Your GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call a veterinarian and have it put down.
I am sorry.

My comment was not a "Gotcha" attempt, merely a thought to ponder. I agree we will not know until the hereafter.
My apologies. You're right. We will not know, either in our lifetimes, or on this plane of existence.
The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available.
Idk, maybe you are right.

I am sorry.

The Temptation of Jesus
…11and they will lift You up in their hands, so that You will not strike Your foot against a stone.’ ” 12But Jesus answered, “It also says, ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 13When the devil had finished every temptation, he left Him until an opportune time.

I am sorry.

I suspect daveman reads Genesis literally. Which as near as I can tell - relatively speaking - is a new thing.

I am sorry.

The Boy with a Demon
…19Afterward the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20“Because you have so little faith,” He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” …

I am sorry.

I suspect daveman reads Genesis literally. Which as near as I can tell - relatively speaking - is a new thing.
Dave is a fundie?

I am sorry.

Dave is a fundie?
I don't use terms like that. I believe he reads Genesis literally. I could be wrong.

I am sorry.

25Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29“Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

I am sorry.

Dave is a fundie?
I don't use terms like that. I believe he reads Genesis literally. I could be wrong.
So he doesn't think evolution is a real thing?

I am sorry.

Are you one of those Christians who want to shoot liberals?

I am sorry.

Antibiotic resistance
Antibiotic resistance is the ability of a microorganism to withstand the effects of an antibiotic.

It is a specific type of drug resistance.

Antibiotic resistance evolves naturally via natural selection through random mutation, but it could also be engineered by applying an evolutionary stress on a population

Absolutely accurate in every aspect. According to Genesis the earth was created in seven days. That belief held for hundreds of years until geological evidence stated otherwise then they backtracked a little by saying things like..well maybe a day meant a million years. I mean nowhere in the bible are the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic Eras even mentioned, each of which spanned millions of years. I mean which came first, Adam and Eve or the dinosaurs....Is the Bible Historically Accurate?

You have to read what it says.
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. Formed. Tangible. Period. Done. (Created and formed are the exact opposite of void and without form.)
Was in Gen. 2 is transcribed in the ancient Greek as became. And the darkness transcribed as unnatural. (not a natural night vs day darkness.) We are given the chronology of what transpired but not the time frame. We are not privy to how long God and Lucifer fought over earth prior to the remake, but keep in mind that there was no linear (human) time created yet, so the time between the first and second creations were mere minutes in eternal time, but billions of years we as we understand our time to be.
Then came the total makeover, including a garden, space time, 24 hour days and the rest that we are aware of today.

1. In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth. 2. It became without form. It became void.
Six days is how long it took God to clean up the mess, and continue with His plan for children. He rested on the 7th day.
How does an all powerful deity become so exhausted that He needs to rest?
She gets tired of doing the same thing every day

Absolutely accurate in every aspect. According to Genesis the earth was created in seven days. That belief held for hundreds of years until geological evidence stated otherwise then they backtracked a little by saying things like..well maybe a day meant a million years. I mean nowhere in the bible are the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic Eras even mentioned, each of which spanned millions of years. I mean which came first, Adam and Eve or the dinosaurs....Is the Bible Historically Accurate?

You have to read what it says.
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. Formed. Tangible. Period. Done. (Created and formed are the exact opposite of void and without form.)
Was in Gen. 2 is transcribed in the ancient Greek as became. And the darkness transcribed as unnatural. (not a natural night vs day darkness.) We are given the chronology of what transpired but not the time frame. We are not privy to how long God and Lucifer fought over earth prior to the remake, but keep in mind that there was no linear (human) time created yet, so the time between the first and second creations were mere minutes in eternal time, but billions of years we as we understand our time to be.
Then came the total makeover, including a garden, space time, 24 hour days and the rest that we are aware of today.

1. In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth. 2. It became without form. It became void.
Six days is how long it took God to clean up the mess, and continue with His plan for children. He rested on the 7th day.
How does an all powerful deity become so exhausted that He needs to rest?
She is setting an example for us

I am sorry.

No doubt you’ve heard about the novel coronavirus variants that are evolving around the world. There now appear to be more than a dozen versions of SARS-CoV-2, which are of varying degrees of concern because some are linked to increased infectivity and lethality while others are not. It’s easy to be overwhelmed by this diversity and to fear that we’ll never achieve herd immunity. Yet evidence is growing that these variants share similar combinations of mutations. This may not be the multifront war that many are dreading, with an infinite number of new viral versions.

I am an evolutionary microbiologist who studies how bacteria and viruses adapt to new environments or hosts. Like many microbiologists, my colleagues and I have turned our attention to understanding how SARS-CoV-2 is evolving adaptations for reproducing and transmitting in humans. Our favorite laboratory method is experimental evolution, where we grow multiple populations of microbes started from the same strain under identical conditions for weeks or months. We study problems like how antibiotic resistance evolves and how infections become chronic. The power of this method is that using multiple populations allows us to “replay the tape of life”

I am sorry.

I am sorry.

Science and religion used to be combined in philosophy. But religion has remained relatively stagnant while science has advanced exponentially

I am sorry.

A New Heaven and a New Earth
…4‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’ and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.” 5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life.

So your one of those who thing, wrongly, that if your not a religious person you have no morals. Truth is, you don't have to have a bible slammed up side your head to know the difference between right and wrong.

Man ... If you need some professional counseling in order to better manage your traumatic experiences with "believers",
however narrowly you may choose to define them, there are qualified professionals that can assist you, absent any 12 Step Program.

I am sorry.

Dave is a fundie?
So he doesn't think evolution is a real thing?
You would have to ask him but my suspicion is probably but I don't know.

Forum List

Back