Well the Southern Baptists declared the bible a true factual word of God.

Your GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call a veterinarian and have it put down.
I am sorry.

My comment was not a "Gotcha" attempt, merely a thought to ponder. I agree we will not know until the hereafter.
My apologies. You're right. We will not know, either in our lifetimes, or on this plane of existence.
Through the light of human reason I know now.
The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available.
Idk, maybe you are right.
I suspect daveman reads Genesis literally. Which as near as I can tell - relatively speaking - is a new thing.
Dave is a fundie?
I don't use terms like that. I believe he reads Genesis literally. I could be wrong.
You are. And I have no idea how you could have come to that conclusion.
Because of your thought experiment OP.

I don't care either way. To each his own.
No way to conclude I read Genesis literally from that thread.

progressive hunter
The proof is in DNA and fossils, and carbon dating. That is fact.
There's not a single item in that filthy bible which can be verified to include the above three benchmarks.
I admire your faith in your religion and its high priests.
Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of evolution via natural selection. The antibiotic action is an environmental pressure; those bacteria which have a mutation allowing them to survive will live on to reproduce. They will then pass this trait to their offspring, which will be a fully resistant generation.
ScienceDaily: Your source for the latest research news › terms
Antibiotic resistance - ScienceDaily

progressive hunter
There's not a single item in that filthy bible which can be verified to include the above three benchmarks.
Herbicide-resistant weeds have evolved in response to repeated use of herbicides with the same site of action (SOA), according to an article on TakeActionOnWeeds.com. A plant does not evolve resistance because herbicides cause a genetic change in the plant that makes it resistant. ...
Agricultural Retail and technology news - CropLife › herbicides
How Does Herbicide Resistance Evolve? - CropLife

progressive hunter
Fungicide resistance appears to evolve, in most cases, by de novo point mutations in the target‐site encoding genes; herbicide resistance often evolves through selection of polygenic metabolic resistance from standing variation; and insecticide resistance evolves through a combination of standing variation and de novo ...
National Center for Biotechnology Information › pmc
The evolutionary origins of pesticide resistance - NCBI - NIH

Your GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call a veterinarian and have it put down.
I am sorry.

My comment was not a "Gotcha" attempt, merely a thought to ponder. I agree we will not know until the hereafter.
My apologies. You're right. We will not know, either in our lifetimes, or on this plane of existence.
The Biblical concept of faith is that it amounts to complete confidence in something for which there is no empirical or rational proof available.
I suspect daveman reads Genesis literally. Which as near as I can tell - relatively speaking - is a new thing.
Dave is a fundie?
I don't use terms like that. I believe he reads Genesis literally. I could be wrong.

Do you believe the earth and the universe are 4000 years old?

progressive hunter
The Bronze Age Collapse (also known as Late Bronze Age Collapse) is a modern-day term referring to the decline and fall of major Mediterranean civilizations during the 13th-12th centuries BCE. The precise cause of the Bronze Age Collapse has been debated by scholars for over a century as well as the date it probably began and when it ended but no consensus has been reached. What is clearly known is that, between c. 1250 - c. 1150 BCE, major cities were destroyed, whole civilizations fell, diplomatic and trade relations were severed, writing systems vanished, and there was widespread devastation and death on a scale never experienced before.

The primary causes advanced for the Bronze Age Collapse are:

Natural Catastrophes (earthquakes)
Climate Change (which caused drought and famine

The Famine Begins
…55When extreme hunger came to all the land of Egypt and the people cried out to Pharaoh for food, he told all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph and do whatever he tells you.” 56When the famine had spread over all the land, Joseph opened up all the storehouses and sold grain to the Egyptians; for the famine was severe in the land of Egypt. 57And every nation came to Joseph in Egypt to buy grain, because the famine was severe over all the earth

Stuartbirdan2
In case it's escaped you. When tracing DNA and fossils etc, we are taking millions of years.
So try again.
These cordial relationships meant prosperity for the people of the lands involved. Trade flourished, as evident in the grand building projects of the New Kingdom of Egypt among other evidence, and each nation prospered through the ties of trade and diplomacy. This entire way of life would drastically alter for the worse beginning in the mid-to-late 13th century BCE, and this is the so-called Bronze Age Collapse. When it was over, of the nations which made up the Club of Great Powers, only Egypt would remain intact and then in a greatly reduced form.

Stuartbirdan2
I don't give a rat's arse about your silly bronze age.
I'm telling you it's irrelevant when it comes to DNA and fossils.
Why can't accept fact like that? You won't go to hell or something for acknowledging it.
You can't be that dumb.

Stuartbirdan2
I don't give a rat's arse about your silly bronze age.
I'm telling you it's irrelevant when it comes to DNA and fossils.
Why can't accept fact like that? You won't go to hell or something for acknowledging it.
You can't be that dumb.
The similarity between the two passages comes as little surprise. Ancient Israel was the land bridge connecting the two major civilizations of the ancient Near East, Egypt and Mesopotamia, and its culture was influenced heavily by both. A stark difference, however, was the difference in ancient Babylonian and Israelite perspectives on male homosexuality. The Babylonians, writes Prof. Karen Rhea Nemet-Nejat in her book Daily Life in Ancient Mesopotamia, “didn’t condemn this practice” and observed a live-and-let-live attitude in regard to male-male sex. The Book of Leviticus, on the other hand, bans lying “with mankind, as with womankind” as “an abomination.”
4Before they had gone to bed, all the men of the city of Sodom, both young and old, surrounded the house. 5They called out to Lot, saying, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Send them out to us so we can have relations with them!”

Last edited:
Stuartbirdan2
No. Its pointing out the fact you are an idiot. I'm extremely calm and in my element when I'm tearing you godbotherers apart.
Every time you reply I get another whack at you. Keep going.

Stuartbirdan2

Cut your silly rubbish.
Get some facts or remain quiet.
You've already been beaten with facts but won't concede because if religion. Well done. God bless the idiots also.

Stuartbirdan2

Cut your silly rubbish.
Get some facts or remain quiet.
You've already been beaten with facts but won't concede because if religion. Well done. God bless the idiots also.
According to a 2020 study by Agranat-Tamir et al., the DNA of the Ethiopian Jews is mostly of East African origin, but about 20% of their genetic makeup is of Middle Eastern origin and shows similarity to modern Jewish and Arab populations and Bronze Age Canaanites.[85][86]

The Queen of Sheba
1Now when the queen of Sheba heard about the fame of Solomon, she came to test him with difficult questions. She arrived in Jerusalem with a very large caravan— with camels bearing spices, gold in abundance, and precious stones. So she came to Solomon and spoke with him about all that was on her mind. 2And Solomon answered all her questions; nothing was too difficult for him to explain

In the Bible, there is no mention that the Queen of Sheba either married or had any sexual relations with King Solomon (although some identify her with the "black and beautiful" in Song of Songs 1:5).[44] Rather, the narrative records that she was impressed with Solomon's wealth and wisdom, and they exchanged royal gifts, and then she returned to rule her people in Kush. However, the "royal gifts" are interpreted by some as sexual contact. The loss of the Ark is not mentioned in the Bible. Hezekiah later makes reference to the Ark in 2 Kings 19:15.[7][8][9]

Last edited:
I am sorry.

Dave is a fundie?

Sure there was. Think about it.

Forum List

Back