Well this is damn scary

Why is it scary? Once again we are not a democracy

Call it a Democratic Republic if you must, but it involves DEMOCRACY as much as you hate that notion.

I know. I can't help myself. I like tweaking people like him. They're easy. :)

It's a never-ending and entirely boring debate. I've come to the conclusion that they basically hate the notion of democracy and need to eliminate the term because they despise Democrats and assume the two terms are connected.

Either that or they are hellbent on turning us into an Autocracy. Yeah prolly - That's the ticket!

I think it may be easier to explain than that. Most of these people grew up with Baby Boomer family or were Boomers themselves. That's a lot of bigotry and bias to be around for most of your life. I'm not asserting that everyone who grew up with this is like it. The country is becoming more diverse, more multi-cultural, more female...and that scares a large segment of the people who like Trump. They see their power receding. And they see a guy who's one of them, making it OK to voice their grievances out loud. And they'll accept living under a strongman..because he will deliver the country to them.
WTF are you talking about?
When jobs are going to trespassers, business visas and being sent away, it's quite obvious that you belong to the crowd that is benefitting from this.

LOL. You gonna get in line to hop on those trucks at your local Home Depot or Wal-Mart?...no. Didn't think so. Just keep supporting the corps that willingly get in line to employ these "trespassers" and take those awesome tax cuts that the Repubs dole out to them.

You really have no idea of how things work. All you see is the letter R. Sad. :(
Like Bernie Sanders, I think anyone that uses an Illegal should be fined and any corporation that uses BVs and/or off-shores should be taxed into oblivion.
You do realizeHear that Ivanka..
Democracy = 'a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections'. Oh.. now I get why right wingers don't like the idea of us being called a democracy, it conflicts with authoritarianism, which is what they feel we should have.
/——-/ A democracy is mob rule, if 51% say slavery is legal, then it’s the law of the land. In a Republic, elected representatives defend the rights of the minorities. The last thing the founding fathers wanted was a democracy.
and yet we practice it here in this country and promote it around the world..

Call it a Democratic Republic if you must, but it involves DEMOCRACY as much as you hate that notion.

It's a never-ending and entirely boring debate. I've come to the conclusion that they basically hate the notion of democracy and need to eliminate the term because they despise Democrats and assume the two terms are connected.

Either that or they are hellbent on turning us into an Autocracy. Yeah prolly - That's the ticket!

I think it may be easier to explain than that. Most of these people grew up with Baby Boomer family or were Boomers themselves. That's a lot of bigotry and bias to be around for most of your life. I'm not asserting that everyone who grew up with this is like it. The country is becoming more diverse, more multi-cultural, more female...and that scares a large segment of the people who like Trump. They see their power receding. And they see a guy who's one of them, making it OK to voice their grievances out loud. And they'll accept living under a strongman..because he will deliver the country to them.
When jobs are going to trespassers, business visas and being sent away, it's quite obvious that you belong to the crowd that is benefitting from this.

LOL. You gonna get in line to hop on those trucks at your local Home Depot or Wal-Mart?...no. Didn't think so. Just keep supporting the corps that willingly get in line to employ these "trespassers" and take those awesome tax cuts that the Repubs dole out to them.

You really have no idea of how things work. All you see is the letter R. Sad. :(
Like Bernie Sanders, I think anyone that uses an Illegal should be fined and any corporation that uses BVs and/or off-shores should be taxed into oblivion.
Democracy = 'a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections'. Oh.. now I get why right wingers don't like the idea of us being called a democracy, it conflicts with authoritarianism, which is what they feel we should have.
/——-/ A democracy is mob rule, if 51% say slavery is legal, then it’s the law of the land. In a Republic, elected representatives defend the rights of the minorities. The last thing the founding fathers wanted was a democracy.

We don't practice mob rule, you heathen

/——/ Oh, you mean like Antifa and BLM mobs burning and looting cities? You mean like that?

Forum List

Back