Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I went to my moms house yesterday for the Superbowl had home made spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. Delish.

That's what mom's are for, good home cooked meals! :) Did you learn how to cook from your mom?

She did give me the first recipes when I first really started to cook things last year. I didn't really get into cooking like this until I broke up with my ex about a year and a half ago.

An awesome salad: avocado, lettuce, olive oil, sesame, teriyaki sauce, cherry tomatoes, salmon and parmesan.

My buddy went down to Matagorda and picked up a bunch of just caught Gulf shrimp and a couple quarts of just shucked Matagorda oysters.
Broke out the big ol cast iron pot and had a fry.

God I love fried oysters!!:eusa_drool: But I'm sure paying for my excess today,but it was worth it.:tongue:

Vegetarian lasagna, tossed salad.

images

Last edited:
We baked a turkey for super bowl sunday for the guys. Got a lot left over so tonight...turkey enchiladas!

We baked a turkey for super bowl sunday for the guys. Got a lot left over so tonight...turkey enchiladas!

I just love turkey sandwiches with mayo and cranberry sauce. A memory from childhood. That's what we used to do when there was any meat leftover. After that it was Turkey soup.

I just love turkey sandwiches with mayo and cranberry sauce. A memory from childhood. That's what we used to do when there was any meat leftover. After that it was Turkey soup.

I like turkey sandwiches on whole wheat with cranberry sauce, whipped cream cheese (spreads better), and leaf lettuce (I can't stand iceberg).

Last night had two large carne asada burritos with Dr. Pepper to wash it down.

What happened to the beer? The "carne asada burritos" sound a lot like fajitas to me....:)
They are good....
Yeah, I had too much beer the night before (Super Bowl night), so I was going easy on the beer on Monday night. Sometimes I have a beer or two when I get home, before dinner. If I've already had a couple, then I'll go with the root beer for dinner. I used to also have iced tea, but for some reason haven't had it in awhile.

As for the carne asada burritos, yep they were indeed burritos. You use cut pieces of grilled beef/steak as you would with the fajitas. Add a little lime juice before cooking. Just add salt and pepper while cooking the meat. Once the steak is cooked, and the cut pieces of steak to the tortilla bread. Toppings are diced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and guacamole sauce (the wife adds a little spice to the sauce). :)

I had left over gravy baked pork chops with rice and mac and cheese, tonight I'll be at my moms house I think we will have Pizza and salad.

Made another version of what I call "Bachelor Chow." Whole wheat Pasta, jarred sauce, Pre-cooked turkey sausage, pre-cooked turkey meat, can of sliced mushrooms.

Cook pasta, cook other stuff in sauce, mix and serve in a bowl with parmesan cheese on top.

Ghetto Bliss.

We had fish fry tonight. Fried battered calamari, fried battered shrimp, fried breaded haddock, fried smelts and lots of tartar sauce. Had French fries on the side and drank Sam Adams beer to wash it all down.

Forum List

Back