Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night I made chicken wraps.... I bought the tortillas in the supermarket.... inside I put lots of chicken, tomatoes and avocado! Delicious!

I will prepare the same for tonight too! I am so looking forward YUM! :tongue::D

not mine but look like this >>>

That really does sound and look good. I'll have to give that a try.

I made my wife fried swai fish (dipped in a mixture of one egg and a heaping teaspoon of yellow mustard and coated with Autry seafood breader), coleslaw, sweet corn hush puppies and lemon pie.

We're going to have Great Northern Beans with ham hocks and corn bread.

The odor of the beans simmering has my belly talking to me.

Steamed, wild-caught salmon (again)..with bay leaves, thyme, sage, black pepper and sea salt...delicious!
Sounds real good. We don't have wild Alaskan salmon that often, but when we do, we usually grill it on a wooden plank. Lots of health benefits, and tastes great as well.
Yes. Wild-caught salmon is my favorite of the fishes to eat. Second comes pond-raised catfish...there's no doubt what they've been eating and the consistency is high. I'm on a high protein diet in yet another attempt to lose body fat and remain alive.

I've been buying skinless salmon fillets lately...individually vacuum sealed....haven't been able to find them packaged that way with the skin on.

The salmon is steamed in a shallow bowl to capture the juice and seasonings into a delicious soup. I sometimes include a quartered Vidalia onion and lemon zest.

Damn! I've made myself hungry...again!

BTW, if you've not cooked on the NuWave Precision Induction Cooker...you may be in for a pleasant experience. The only problems I have with it are that you can't lift the skillet to flip stuff around...like the chefs do on TV...the machine goes into the Error Mode when there's no steel or iron on top...and aluminum or ceramic won't work at all.

Last edited:
I made a kick ass lasagna last night, I used pork sausage, swiss cheese, mozzarella and cottage cheese, I also added in cilantro and serrano peppers for extra flavor.
That does sound good. I really enjoy lasagna, and never tried pork sausage in lasagna before, but will next time. We usually make lasagna with ground beef, pepperoni sausage, chopped up boiled eggs, mozzarella cheese and (if available ricotta cheese). I will try it will pork sausage next time, it will no doubt add extra kick to the lasagna. :)

I made a kick ass lasagna last night, I used pork sausage, swiss cheese, mozzarella and cottage cheese, I also added in cilantro and serrano peppers for extra flavor.
That does sound good. I really enjoy lasagna, and never tried pork sausage in lasagna before, but will next time. We usually make lasagna with ground beef, pepperoni sausage, chopped up boiled eggs, mozzarella cheese and (if available ricotta cheese). I will try it will pork sausage next time, it will no doubt add extra kick to the lasagna. :)

The boiled eggs sound good! how do you incorporate those in the lasagna? I mainly use eggs when I have dishes that require rice never did it with lasagna or pasta.

The boiled eggs sound good! how do you incorporate those in the lasagna? I mainly use eggs when I have dishes that require rice never did it with lasagna or pasta.
First we make very tiny meatballs out of the ground beef (its' a lot of work), and fry the tiny meat balls. We then boil several eggs and chop them up once cooked. We mix the tiny meatballs with the sliced pepperoni, the chopped up eggs, and add shredded mozzarella and tomato sauce. If available, for an extra treat we also add ricotta cheese. We mix it all together, and we have our lasagna filling. We make a two layer lasagna, and add shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the boiled lasagna noodles for each layer. Add extra mozzarella to the top layer. It's ready to bake.

I can't wait to try it with the pork sausage!

First we make very tiny meatballs out of the ground beef (its' a lot of work), and fry the tiny meat balls. We then boil several eggs and chop them up once cooked. We mix the tiny meatballs with the sliced pepperoni, the chopped up eggs, and add shredded mozzarella and tomato sauce. If available, for an extra treat we also add ricotta cheese. We mix it all together, and we have our lasagna filling. We make a two layer lasagna, and add shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the boiled lasagna noodles for each layer. Add extra mozzarella to the top layer. It's ready to bake.

The pork sausage gives it an extra kick, how many eggs you use?

The wife uses 6 eggs. However she makes 2 lasagnas each time, so 3 eggs per lasagna. She uses a 13"x9"x2" lasagna pan.

The wife uses 6 eggs. However she makes 2 lasagnas each time, so 3 eggs per lasagna. She uses a 13"x9"x2" lasagna pan.

Hmm ok I am going to try that next time I make lasagna.

That's a lotta egg.
It seems a lot, but 3 eggs per lasagna is actually not that much. The ground beef (tiny meatballs), pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato sauce and ricotta cheese will overshadow the eggs. Now with the pork sausage, it will be even more so. The key to make a good lasagna is to be generous with the meat, and the top layer mozzarella.

Had homemade Fish & Chips tonight. We used homemade chipotle batter for the haddock fish, and had homemade steak fries. The catsup and tartar sauce was store bought. Drank Dr. Pepper to wash it down.

Forum List

Back