Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night I had left over Puerto Rican rice but I went downtown and got some Church's Chicken to eat with it, the area around the restaurant was pretty run down but the chicken was fresh, hot and really good.

Had breaded pork chops, with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and buttermilk biscuits. Sam Adams beer to wash it down.

You really do like that Sam Adams.....:)

I had Cordon Bleu (chicken), with broiled asparagus, and new potatoes marinated in an onion soup mix, and salad.....washed it down with diet coke....:eusa_whistle:

Home made vanilla and chocolate pudding and home made peanut butter cookies. I threw them some cheese for a protein kicker. lol

Sunday dinner was Beef Bourguignon with Bacon over noodles.

Also was my first attempt at making bread with my new Kitchenaid stand mixer. It was supposed to be french bread, but it came out heavier and thinner. It still tasted fine though, and was nice and moist in the center with a good crust.

Still good, but I think I need to sift the flour first.

I had Cordon Bleu (chicken),:

Thinking of making that tonight.

Well, don't think that I went all fancy and made it from scratch.....actually, I bought them already made, frozen....just have to put them in the oven for 40 min or so....they're pretty good.

Tonight I am making Chalupas....I had some taco meat left over, so I can use it on the Chalupas....in case anyone doesn't know what "chalupas" are.....you deep fry a corn tortilla until it's crispy...then you spread mashed pinto beans on it, layered with taco meat, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, slice of avocado and a dollop of sour cream on top. Don't forget to add "salsa" when you are ready to eat them......geez.....that's like a lot of calories...:lol:

I had Cordon Bleu (chicken),:

Thinking of making that tonight.

Well, don't think that I went all fancy and made it from scratch.....actually, I bought them already made, frozen....just have to put them in the oven for 40 min or so....they're pretty good.

Tonight I am making Chalupas....I had some taco meat left over, so I can use it on the Chalupas....in case anyone doesn't know what "chalupas" are.....you deep fry a corn tortilla until it's crispy...then you spread mashed pinto beans on it, layered with taco meat, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, slice of avocado and a dollop of sour cream on top. Don't forget to add "salsa" when you are ready to eat them......geez.....that's like a lot of calories...:lol:

That I would love to try, but the Mrs. is no fan of beans and is allergic to avocado, so...

Had homemade Shepherd's Pie (ground beef & corn filling and layered with mashed potatoes, and added lots of catsup) with peas and buttermilk biscuits on the side. Drank Dr. Pepper to wash it down.

Do you make your own Shepard's Pie. I like Shepard's Pie and make it sometimes. You said homemade, but I was wondering if that was you or your wife? Do you both cook?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back