Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Do you make your own Shepard's Pie. I like Shepard's Pie and make it sometimes. You said homemade, but I was wondering if that was you or your wife? Do you both cook?
I love Shepherd's pie, but unfortunately Mrs. Jughead is the only one in our family who knows how to prepare it. If she doesn't make it, I can't eat it. :(
I cook as well, but I usually stay with the simple stuff. I could handle the fried stuff, simple meats and especially cookouts. :)

Left over Kufta tonight with white rice and salad, kufta is a kind of Egyptian meatloaf.

Made with ground pork? ;)

Not if it is Egyptian. ;)

Kofta/Kufte
is a Middle Eastern, South Asian and Balkan meatball or meatloaf. In the simplest form, koftas consist of balls of minced or ground meat—usually beef or lamb—mixed with spices and/or onions. In India, Pakistan, Kurdistan, Turkey and Iran, koftas are usually made of lamb, beef, mutton or chicken, whereas Greek and Cypriot varieties are usually made of beef, veal, pork or mixtures of them.

They are often shaped into meatballs which are prepared with a mixture of ground meat, rice and leeks

330px-Koofteh_tabrizi.jpg

330px-Akcaabatkofte.jpg

If you want Kofta, go to a Middle Eastern or Greek restaurant. Lebanese restaurants, in my experiece, are the best for getting good Middle Eastern food, even in the Middle East. Lebanese cuisine is very good. Turkey has some food similar to Middle Eastern food, but definitely has its own cuisine, which is fantastic! Not the quicky carry out places, but real Turkish restaurants.

:beer:

Left over Kufta tonight with white rice and salad, kufta is a kind of Egyptian meatloaf.

Kofta/Kufte
is a Middle Eastern, South Asian and Balkan meatball or meatloaf. In the simplest form, koftas consist of balls of minced or ground meat—usually beef or lamb—mixed with spices and/or onions. In India, Pakistan, Kurdistan, Turkey and Iran, koftas are usually made of lamb, beef, mutton or chicken, whereas Greek and Cypriot varieties are usually made of beef, veal, pork or mixtures of them.

They are often shaped into meatballs which are prepared with a mixture of ground meat, rice and leeks

330px-Akcaabatkofte.jpg

If you want Kofta, go to a Middle Eastern or Greek restaurant. Lebanese restaurants, in my experiece, are the best for getting good Middle Eastern food, even in the Middle East. Lebanese cuisine is very good. Turkey has some food similar to Middle Eastern food, but definitely has its own cuisine, which is fantastic! Not the quicky carry out places, but real Turkish restaurants.

Kofta/Kufte

330px-Akcaabatkofte.jpg

Kofta kebab is great. I've had it on occasion at Middle Eastern or Persian restaurants. I prefer Shish Kebab though. It's tastier, and we make it at home sometimes. A real treat, marinated tenderloin meat grilled on a stick.

Kofta/Kufte

330px-Akcaabatkofte.jpg

Kofta kebab is great. I've had it on occasion at Middle Eastern or Persian restaurants. I prefer Shish Kebab though. It's tastier, and we make it at home sometimes. A real treat, marinated tenderloin meat grilled on a stick.

Okay, now I'm hankering for Middle Eastern food. Fortunately, tomorrow is my day off, so I should have time to grab a friend and head out to a restaurant.

I am having a small roast chicken and side of tomatoes and cubed French bread with olive oil and garlic.

I'm having Pork Roast. Really easy recipe.....garlic, rosemary, olive oil.....it is making the whole house smell so good....can't hardly wait for it to be dinner-time....:)

I'm having Pork Roast. Really easy recipe.....garlic, rosemary, olive oil.....it is making the whole house smell so good....can't hardly wait for it to be dinner-time....:)

Crock pot or oven? also what measurements do you use?

I got a Presto Roaster for Christmas and for the first time I'm trying to use it as a roaster. I set it at 350, but it seemed like that might have been too hot as the roast was charring on the bottom, so I lowered the temperature to 300 and an hour later to 250.

The recipe called for 3 garlic buttons, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, and some olive oil. Crush the garlic and rosemary together to make a paste, season with salt, then cut slits on the pork roast and stuff the paste....then rub the outside of the roast with the remaining paste. I didn't measure...I did use 3 garlic buttons, but the rosemary I just guessed.

When it's done, I'm supposed to pour some white wine over it to pick up whatever is on the bottom of the pan....it sure smells good.....hope it is. It is still cooking on a very low setting.

I got a Presto Roaster for Christmas and for the first time I'm trying to use it as a roaster. I set it at 350, but it seemed like that might have been too hot as the roast was charring on the bottom, so I lowered the temperature to 300 and an hour later to 250.

The recipe called for 3 garlic buttons, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, and some olive oil. Crush the garlic and rosemary together to make a paste, season with salt, then cut slits on the pork roast and stuff the paste....then rub the outside of the roast with the remaining paste. I didn't measure...I did use 3 garlic buttons, but the rosemary I just guessed.

When it's done, I'm supposed to pour some white wine over it to pick up whatever is on the bottom of the pan....it sure smells good.....hope it is. It is still cooking on a very low setting.

Hmm it does sound very good, you think would work in the oven or crock pot?

Hmm it does sound very good, you think would work in the oven or crock pot?

I'm sure of it...the recipe called for it to be roasted in the oven....I just wanted to try out my Presto skillet/roaster......it's pretty nice, but I think I may have to lower the temp as it is probably hotter than the oven. I'm not sure about the crock-pot.....but probably would, too.

Sounds delish! :)

Last night I made chicken wraps.... I bought the tortillas in the supermarket.... inside I put lots of chicken, tomatoes and avocado! Delicious!

I will prepare the same for tonight too! I am so looking forward YUM! :tongue::D

not mine but look like this >>>

Steamed, wild-caught salmon (again)..with bay leaves, thyme, sage, black pepper and sea salt...delicious!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back