Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tonight

Smoked Oysters
King crab and artichoke heart salad
Scallop and lobster ravioli (home made) with newburg sauce roasted red pepper and wilted baby spinach with warm bacon dressing

Dessert will be mixed berry tarts with lemon zabaglione

369f5.jpg

Chicken Shawarma. Good stuff. :eusa_clap:

Tonight, a great meal at Trombino's Bistro Italiano, in my opinion the best Italian cuisine in New Mexico. Haven't deciided what I will order yet. Will depend how hungry I am.

Tonight, Pork tenderloin stuffed with apricots, asparagus (seasoned and baked) and russet potato wedges oven 'fried' (olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lightly), hearts of Romain with Blue Cheese.

Dessert: Custard filled chocolate éclairs, cannoli's and hot decaf chocolate flavored coffee.

Before dinner, brandy old fashions, port wine cheese on wheat thins, and hard Monterey Jack Cheese from Vela cheese factory in Sonoma, melted on crackers. (if you've never had hard Monterey Cheese you've missed out, it is wonderful and make the best Alfredo Sauce)

Tomorrow, low fat, low sodium and fewer calories. Turkey bacon and eggs while I watch the Niners clinch (I hope) second seed. I have tickets to the playoffs and hope to see the Niners v. the Saints at the 'stick in a couple of weeks.

Sounds good and spicy. What is Pozole?

Like a mexican stew with hominy. Super cozy and tasty. I have an easy excellent recipe if you are interested, I can provide.

Online this is a decent example.

Easy Chicken Posole Recipe - Allrecipes.com

We are always looking for new recipes. After 38 years of marraige we've exhausted the usual.

Posole is a good one. Pork, hominy, onion, green chile...yumminess.

Well we polished off the Christmas ham...ham dinner, then little white beans, then a few breakfasts including ham and it's all gone. Lots of tidbits for the pups, who aren't allergic to pork and so enjoy the rind, fat and gristle (blech).

I have a yen for onion soup: Fry onions until they start to carmelize, put in a casserole or square cake pan, put thick slices of crusty bread on the top, put some au jous in the pan for liquid, and lay mozzerella over the top, then bake until it's hot and the cheese is melted. Yum yum yum.

Well we polished off the Christmas ham...ham dinner, then little white beans, then a few breakfasts including ham and it's all gone. Lots of tidbits for the pups, who aren't allergic to pork and so enjoy the rind, fat and gristle (blech).

I have a yen for onion soup: Fry onions until they start to carmelize, put in a casserole or square cake pan, put thick slices of crusty bread on the top, put some au jous in the pan for liquid, and lay mozzerella over the top, then bake until it's hot and the cheese is melted. Yum yum yum.

One of my favoite winter soups. We use mostly low sodium chicken broth plus one beef cube or can of beef broth to the onions lightly carmelized. We also use Emmentaler cheese and stale San Francisco sour dough bread.

I didn't make it last night but I am going to make it tonight. It's a perfect Sunday dinner for a hh with only one adult in it. I'll make pork schnitzel for the kids.

Parmesan Chicken :thup:

1/2 cup mayo (Sub with Miracle Whip is so desired)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 cup dry Italian bread crumbs or
1 cup rolled oats (for those who don't want to use bread)
3 large chicken breasts halved

Preheat oven to 425
mix first 5 ingredients, coat chicken in mayo mixture then roll in bread crumbs or oats.
Place prepared chicken on a flat baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
30 minutes total prep/cooking time.

My mom always had pork and sauerkraut on NEW Year's Day so we had bratwurst and sauerkraut on NYD. We ate leftovers for dinner yesterday.

I remember growing up, I just hated that meal but I love it now. I love the smell of it cooking in the crockpot when I come home from work. Comfort. :)

369f5.jpg

Chicken Shawarma. Good stuff. :eusa_clap:

That looks good but the shawarmas I usually eat come in bread like a sandwich.

xkideojb7z9rqzpfo3cyfutcd2.jpg

The bread is under it High Gravity. Like a pancake and you roll it up when you've added what you want.

Oh ok I didn't see it, either way I love shawarma, I had chicken shawarma with no bread at a Lebanese restaurant in Northern California and I loved it.

Tonight, Ahi Tuna steaks marinated for an hour in low sodium soy sauce & seasame oil with fresh garlic smashed and green onion slicedl.

Cook 3 minutes per side over med/hot coals; serve with smashed red garlic potatoes and a spinich salad.

That looks good but the shawarmas I usually eat come in bread like a sandwich.

xkideojb7z9rqzpfo3cyfutcd2.jpg

The bread is under it High Gravity. Like a pancake and you roll it up when you've added what you want.

Oh ok I didn't see it, either way I love shawarma, I had chicken shawarma with no bread at a Lebanese restaurant in Northern California and I loved it.

The bread is optional in many restaraunts. You can see the plate holding the bread right next to the Chicken Shawarma. The bread is put down and then you heap the chicken and optional stuff on top of it and roll it up. It's kind of a do it yourself thing in many restaurants. The Greeks Gyro is much the same and really good too.

Don't fight. Eat!

The bread is optional in many restaraunts. You can see the plate holding the bread right next to the Chicken Shawarma. The bread is put down and then you heap the chicken and optional stuff on top of it and roll it up. It's kind of a do it yourself thing in many restaurants. The Greeks Gyro is much the same and really good too.

Don't fight. Eat!

I see it now, my favorite part of my deployments to the Middle East was eating the shawarmas, those things are freakin delicious! :thup:

Forum List

Back