Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tonight, Ahi Tuna steaks marinated for an hour in low sodium soy sauce & seasame oil with fresh garlic smashed and green onion slicedl.

Cook 3 minutes per side over med/hot coals; serve with smashed red garlic potatoes and a spinich salad.

No lemon or rice wine vinegar to add acid to the Tuna?

I generally use Ponzu with Ahi.

BUT I wanted the cheesy, potato, onion soup ! :D

I don't remember what I had, whatever it was obviously filled the void.

I put a 4lb beef shoulder in the crock pot last night.

It's already tender and falling apart. It'll only be better at suppertime. But I might have some for breakfast with my eggs.

I put a 4lb beef shoulder in the crock pot last night.

It's already tender and falling apart. It'll only be better at suppertime. But I might have some for breakfast with my eggs.

I love putting roasts and other meats in the crock pot, when it gets so tender and falls apart it tastes so damn good.:eusa_drool:

I had some boneless pork loin chops that I had to use today or discard. So......

Cut into bite sized pieces, marinate in seasoned milk, dredge in seasoned flour, and quick fry. Meanwhile make rice, steam some cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot bite size pieces, pan broil pineapply chunks sprinkled with a bit of cloves, cinnamon, and all spice, and heat the pineapple juice with some sugar, spices, vinegar, soy sauce, and a little corn starch to slightly thicken.

Assemble plates with a bed of rice topped with steamed seasoned veggies, fried pork bites, seared pineapple, and drizzled with the sauce. Our home version of sweet and sour pork. Yummy.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about Pigs in a Twinkie........... :eusa_whistle:

enhanced-buzz-18341-1320784217-79.jpg

(Eeewwwww.........)

Tonight it was homemade cornbread smothered with tamales and chili. Hubby requested it and it was yummy good except that I heated the tamales in the microwave instead of steaming them as I usualy do. The result was not nearly so pleasing.

Tonight it was homemade cornbread smothered with tamales and chili. Hubby requested it and it was yummy good except that I heated the tamales in the microwave instead of steaming them as I usualy do. The result was not nearly so pleasing.

I almost never use my microwave. I am seriously thinking about getting rid of it.

My microwave shocked me the other night... My kids use it alot, so I keep it, but I went and picked up several decor dishes that are not microwavable hoping to steer them from using it as much so I can, in time, get rid of it. :D Nothing sly about that.

I cooked beans that I plan to eat with spinach for a few days. I have fasting I need to do. *hearts*

Didn't make it to the Chinese place last night but my girlfriend made a dinner of beer battered fish, white rice and corn on the cob, was pretty tasty, I have left overs for lunch.

Last night had the most fabulous roasted chicken and gravy, steamed carrots with a pitty pat of butter a little bit of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon, and leftover homemade scalloped potatoes. It was sooo good.

Forum List

Back