Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Pork for the rest of the month...maybe with a little chicken thrown in. I can't afford flipping beef. I have some ham hocks in the freezer...so we'll be having beans. And homemade bread, I'm broke broke broke and that means I have to cook cook cook, lol.

Right now drinking coffee and eating some amazing biscotti! It has a little milk chocolate on the rough edge and bits of toffee inside...oh yum!!

I didn't buy it, lol.

And probably dollar store fare.
Otherwise, it's dry rolls and cabbage! I'm out of butter! Horrors!

Meat loaf. Baked taters and........um.........broccoli and cauliflower. And some chocolate cream torte for dessert. All preceeded by the requisite salad - mixed greens, a little feta, few Greek olives, some finely-sliced red onion..... I gotta get busy on that part.

Sunday dinner was corned beef (uncooked, by cured by manufactuerer, next year is self cured corned beef), Mashed potatoes, and cabbage with turkey bacon.

And I make my mashed potatoes the real way, with butter and heavy cream, none of this make it healthy crap.

But you'll put turkey bacon in your cabbage?

If you don't mind my saying so, your priorities are sadly crooked, lol.

Last night I had corned beef w/cabbage and homemade rolls.

Baked the corned beef with it's little packet of stuff on the fat...baked at 350 for about 3 hours, then had to go pick up a kid so turned it down to 325, and when I got back 20 minutes later the pan was just starting to smoke, so I threw on some water, and quartered a cabbage and threw that in there, and then divided up the roll dough and let them raise a few minutes, then pulled the corned beef out and put it on a plate to rest, stirred the cabbage a little, cranked up the heat to 400 and threw the bread in alongside the roaster....

It turned out pretty good. I don't like brisket enough to sweat doing it myself, it's a gnarly piece of meat...much like tongue..yes, the good parts are really good but omg, what you have to go through to get to them....

tonite dinner will be something easy and really late...maybe a pork chop and a spud and some applesauce.

One of the people I cook for from time to time has a pork allergy, sadly, so I have to make due. Its not too bad, but it isnt real bacon either.

I don't remember dinner last nite..oh yeah, I took the kids to McD's, then to the park that has a view of the ocean, and a cool playground. I only have an hour to feed them and get the girl to her rehearsal. I had leftover cabbage and rolls for dinner.

I'm about cabbaged out now.

I used the fat and inedible corned beef bits to slip my dog a mickey this morning....benadryl.

Last night I made sausage sandwiches with onions and peppers for me - just like at the ballgame!

I also made beef stew and noodles, then home made pasta sauce; and finally some toast, eggs, and Canadian bacon that everyone could have when they woke up.

Forum List

Back