We're All CVS Employees Now

There is no privacy any more. Employers can ask for access to facebook and twitter accounts so they can find out more about you. What happens to the person that doesn't have those accounts? They just haven't bought into the idea that the whole world needs to be into your home. They are considered to have something to hide and not having these accounts are suspicious in and of themselves.

The whole idea of a right to privacy is ended.

While there are no laws in place that prevent the employer asking for your FB password, the FB privacy policy forbids giving it to a third party.

Ohhhhh it's their policy! That's really going to help.

If I were an employer it would help. The person who says, "I'm sorry FB policy is that I not give out my password, and I don't feel can violate that policy" would show me that you respect the rules. But that's just me!

There is no privacy any more. Employers can ask for access to facebook and twitter accounts so they can find out more about you. What happens to the person that doesn't have those accounts? They just haven't bought into the idea that the whole world needs to be into your home. They are considered to have something to hide and not having these accounts are suspicious in and of themselves.

The whole idea of a right to privacy is ended.

While there are no laws in place that prevent the employer asking for your FB password, the FB privacy policy forbids giving it to a third party.

Then work elsewhere. I'd never work for a company that demanded ANY of my passwords OR one that suspected I was hiding some thing if I didn't have an effing FB account.

BTW, do you work for Organizing for Action?

Sure sounds like it...

If I were an employer it would help. The person who says, "I'm sorry FB policy is that I not give out my password, and I don't feel can violate that policy" would show me that you respect the rules. But that's just me!

It would actually show the potential employer that your interest in the company is somewhat deficient.

This isn't the "government" that's driving this..it's private insurancers.

Now that they don't have the option to boot you when you actually use your insurance, they want to make sure you are at least trying to take care of yourself.

Don't like it?

Switch to single payer.

your Dr records those numbers anyway right?

So do you claim those numbers are then sent with you name attached to someone so they can use then against you?

BMI is an arbitrary number, and takes now account for muscle mass verses fat, or how active that person is, as well as genetics.

I'm all for encouraging folks to stop smocking, to stop or limit drinking, exercise, and to eat healthy. But as we've seen in nations with single payer -- which America is on the skids to -- rationing and LONG wait times are required, and numbers like BMI and age will be used as an excuse to ration.

Never in America did I think the federal gov't, including the IRS, HHS, and other agencies would all have all my private information by MANDATE, and have a mandated level of HC insurance I will be required to have in order to just exist in the nation.

It's wholly unconstitutional, and immoral.

The Founders are rolling in their graves.

stop breath and tell me what you think is being done with these numbers?

It would actually show the potential employer that your interest in the company is somewhat deficient.

No it wouldn't. It would show you are ethical.

This isn't the "government" that's driving this..it's private insurancers.

Now that they don't have the option to boot you when you actually use your insurance, they want to make sure you are at least trying to take care of yourself.

Don't like it?

Switch to single payer.

Define 'single payer.'

Then work elsewhere. I'd never work for a company that demanded ANY of my passwords OR one that suspected I was hiding some thing if I didn't have an effing FB account.

Sure sounds like it...

I'm a realist. I have never had either a FB account, nor a Twitter account. I'm not interested. I doubt the world has an interest in a minute by minute rendition of what I do. I have never had an employer refuse me employment for not having such accounts, but I have had potential users of my company's services ask for another colleague who had accessible information. I'm looking for an apartment right now and only one potential landlord has asked for such information. They want to know as much as they can about tenants, whether they are partiers, drunks, druggies, etc before they expose their existing tenants to someone new. I do not have such accounts. So they can draw whatever conclusions they wish. Including the conclusion that I'm lying, I do have such accounts and just refuse to share the contact information.

So do you claim those numbers are then sent with you name attached to someone so they can use then against you?

You are full of more shit than a port a pottie. If your insurance is paying for cholesterol medicine, then they have a clue that your lipids are elevated and you are eating too much fat. If you are Type II diabetic, on insulin or metformin, it's a sure bet that you are too fat. It's not rocket science. But then no one ever accused you of being a rocket scientist.

Last edited:

BMI is an arbitrary number, and takes now account for muscle mass verses fat, or how active that person is, as well as genetics.

I'm all for encouraging folks to stop smocking, to stop or limit drinking, exercise, and to eat healthy. But as we've seen in nations with single payer -- which America is on the skids to -- rationing and LONG wait times are required, and numbers like BMI and age will be used as an excuse to ration.

Never in America did I think the federal gov't, including the IRS, HHS, and other agencies would all have all my private information by MANDATE, and have a mandated level of HC insurance I will be required to have in order to just exist in the nation.

It's wholly unconstitutional, and immoral.

The Founders are rolling in their graves.

stop breath and tell me what you think is being done with these numbers?

Go back and read the OP.

BTW, that's one HUGE problem with libs: reading comprehension.

They seem to spend their lives half awake, which is great for fascists like BO and DiFi.

what is the rights fear ?

what is this horrble thing that will happened if this medical information is shared?

Sure sounds like it...

I'm a realist. I have never had either a FB account, nor a Twitter account. I'm not interested. I doubt the world has an interest in a minute by minute rendition of what I do. I have never had an employer refuse me employment for not having such accounts, but I have had potential users of my company's services ask for another colleague who had accessible information. I'm looking for an apartment right now and only one potential landlord has asked for such information. They want to know as much as they can about tenants, whether they are partiers, drunks, druggies, etc before they expose their existing tenants to someone new. I do not have such accounts. So they can draw whatever conclusions they wish. Including the conclusion that I'm lying, I do have such accounts and just refuse to share the contact information.

Well I do have a FB account and through it I found a friend who had been lost to me and those in my class for over 50 years. I keep up with my old classmates, get pictures of the grandbaby on it, etc. But, there are rules in place about giving out your password and if you don't follow them, you can lose your account.

Clearly state what you fear is the GREAT imminent danger of the insurers and the government having better statitistics on these issues?

what is it that will damage you by the way these people use the information?

Forum List

Back