Yes, we are in a recession

Happy now?
They're just tickled pink. Their top priority is perceived political advantage, not the country.

That's what happens when a person views the world through a hardcore partisan political lens.

We'll see. A soft landing and takeoff is possible. Some of us here are hoping for that.

You make a good point.

The Great Recession started officially in Dec of 07. We saw job losses in July and Aug of 07 as well as a steady start to them in Feb of 08 for going on for the next 20 plus months.

I think there is too much labor shortages now to see that kind of job loss in this recession.
It’s just that outside GDP growth, I don’t see a recession. Consumer spending is up. Industrial production is up. Exports are up.

What was dragging down GDP was lower inventories, residential fixed investment (whatever that is, I have no idea) and government spending. Imports were also up.

I don’t know what this is. It doesn’t look anything like normal recessions.

We'll see. A soft landing and takeoff is possible. Some of us here are hoping for that.

I am not expert, but it seems to me the biggest harm of a recession is job loss.

The past 3 recession (not counting the COVID one) job losses started either well before the recession was official or the same month of it. We are just not seeing that now and there is not really a good reason to think we will due to the ongoing labor shortages.

recession, inflation, skyrocketing interest rates…people are being forced to take two jobs, just to make ends meet…it’s sad time the dembots have given us

It’s just that outside GDP growth, I don’t see a recession. Consumer spending is up. Industrial production is up. Exports are up.

What was dragging down GDP was lower inventories, residential fixed investment (whatever that is, I have no idea) and government spending. Imports were also up.

Yeah, this is a weird one. Banks are still in good shape, the consumer is in much better shape than they were going into the 2008 Meltdown.

Growth is definitely slowing, but inflation is peaking and the Fed may starting backing off. Fingers crossed.

I am not expert, but it seems to me the biggest harm of a recession is job loss.

The past 3 recession (not counting the COVID one) job losses started either well before the recession was official or the same month of it. We are just not seeing that now and there is not really a good reason to think we will due to the ongoing labor shortages.
I lost a lot of confidence in this Fed when it so badly blew it on inflation, but it's still very possible that it could pull this off. Everything is slowing, including inflation, and that could allow the fed to go more dovish. Markets would love that and so would business before it needs to damage employment too much.

We are technically in a borderline recession

Republicans do their happy dance
:dance:
The ones who are rejoicing are the Democrats. This recession is all by design. This is what they wanted. This is what you guys voted for.

This is a recession which is going to get worse. W ever just had two consecutive quarters with a declining GDP. This can not be portrayed as s as nothing other than bad news.

Now with Senator Manchin backing down and supporting another massive spending bill, inflation will continue to erode your savings and retirement accounts.

If we don’t reverse the current course we will force a global depression.

So, we are now officially in a recession.

How will my life change today as compared to yesterday?

If one does not lose a job in a recession, how does the recession impact their daily lives?
Again, the impact will be felt on your ability to spend and the power of the dollar and you know this…

This is a recession which is going to get worse. W ever just had two consecutive quarters with a declining GDP. This can not be portrayed as s as nothing other than bad news.

Now with Senator Manchin backing down and supporting another massive spending bill, inflation will continue to erode your savings and retirement accounts.

If we don’t reverse the current course we will force a global depression.
Good, it is about time to crash the markets and China economy with a depression…

By the way. There’s no such thing as “negative growth.” The economy is either growing or its in decline. We are currently in a period of decline.

The ones who are rejoicing are the Democrats. This recession is all by design. This is what they wanted. This is what you guys voted for.

I don’t remember voting for Russia to invade Ukraine

Forum List

Back