Were Most Of America's Founding Fathers - Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was conservatives who pulled his book from the shelves.
Your continuing to defend this farce is truly embarrassing.

Sorry you're embarrassed but there really isn't much I can do about that. I'm in another profession.

I know that you won't take time to watch this video but Barton defends his book AFTER the recall. So it now becomes his word against the words of his attackers. What most folks don't want to admit is that Barton has the legitimate data and documents to back up his original claims. Anyway, for anyone TRULY interested in the truth here's Barton defending himself and his credibility (fast forward to 13:55. The earlier portion is simply a long introduction). Barton is a good man who truly wants the truth to be known. I don't believe that he EVER intentionally mislead anyone:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SmYvKUKOv0"]David Barton Defends His Recalled Book Thomas Jefferson Lies w/ Glenn Beck in GBTV Answering Critics - YouTube[/ame]

Good video. A solid apology, full of evidence to support his scholarship about the claims in the book. He easily destroys the credibility of those subpar "academics".

Thanks MaxGrit.

Dear Christians and other truth-seekers. Please contact Wallbuilders and offer Barton your moral support. He's always been under attack by satanic, anti-Christ forces and he's always taken their verbal attacks with a grain of salt. He's not used to a group of pseudo-christians and non-historians coming out of the woodwork and denouncing his works with such fervor.

I first met Barton in the mid to late 80s after I accepted Christ. I met him at a family Bible camp in the Montana mountains. He was nothing but humble, gracious, and honest. I heard him speak and I saw first hand a few of the original documents he had in his possession. That was some 25 or so years ago. He's a Christian warrior who's sole purpose is to reveal truth in history. He's under attack by modern academics but which one of us isn't? He's just taking a greater amount of heat because he's on the front lines. Pray for him and his ministry.

I, for one, will buy his book the moment it goes back into print (thanks to Glenn Beck). Now Beck is a Mormon - a religion which I do not believe is in line with biblical Christianity. But God has used non Christians and even pagans to reach certain, beneficial ends (anyone ever hear of Nebuchadnezzar?).

If you haven't heard Barton's rebuttal to his detractors then I urge you to give him the time of day. Listen to his side of the story instead of buying into the rhetoric of the "bruces" and "hollies" of the world.

Sorry you're embarrassed but there really isn't much I can do about that. I'm in another profession.

I know that you won't take time to watch this video but Barton defends his book AFTER the recall. So it now becomes his word against the words of his attackers. What most folks don't want to admit is that Barton has the legitimate data and documents to back up his original claims. Anyway, for anyone TRULY interested in the truth here's Barton defending himself and his credibility (fast forward to 13:55. The earlier portion is simply a long introduction). Barton is a good man who truly wants the truth to be known. I don't believe that he EVER intentionally mislead anyone:

David Barton Defends His Recalled Book Thomas Jefferson Lies w/ Glenn Beck in GBTV Answering Critics - YouTube

Good video. A solid apology, full of evidence to support his scholarship about the claims in the book. He easily destroys the credibility of those subpar "academics".

Thanks MaxGrit.

Dear Christians and other truth-seekers. Please contact Wallbuilders and offer Barton your moral support. He's always been under attack by satanic, anti-Christ forces and he's always taken their verbal attacks with a grain of salt. He's not used to a group of pseudo-christians and non-historians coming out of the woodwork and denouncing his works with such fervor.

I first met Barton in the mid to late 80s after I accepted Christ. I met him at a family Bible camp in the Montana mountains. He was nothing but humble, gracious, and honest. I heard him speak and I saw first hand a few of the original documents he had in his possession. That was some 25 or so years ago. He's a Christian warrior who's sole purpose is to reveal truth in history. He's under attack by modern academics but which one of us isn't? He's just taking a greater amount of heat because he's on the front lines. Pray for him and his ministry.

I, for one, will buy his book the moment it goes back into print (thanks to Glenn Beck). Now Beck is a Mormon - a religion which I do not believe is in line with biblical Christianity. But God has used non Christians and even pagans to reach certain, beneficial ends (anyone ever hear of Nebuchadnezzar?).

If you haven't heard Barton's rebuttal to his detractors then I urge you to give him the time of day. Listen to his side of the story instead of buying into the rhetoric of the "bruces" and "hollies" of the world.

Your desperate need for attention is creepy.

Your fawning over Barton is equally creepy. Although, I do understand that charlatans such as Barton, Jimmy Swaggert and others can be persuasive, especially in connection with those who tend toward being gullible.

It is a shame that charlatans and snake-oil salesmen such as Barton find an audience, albeit small, who tend to be not at all discriminating in their demands for honesty and integrity.

It was conservatives who pulled his book from the shelves.
Your continuing to defend this farce is truly embarrassing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SmYvKUKOv0]David Barton Defends His Recalled Book Thomas Jefferson Lies w/ Glenn Beck in GBTV Answering Critics - YouTube[/ame]

A good video. A solid apology.

Jimmy Swaggert made those amends too, as soon as he pulled his pants up.

That you defend such lies and falsehoods from Barton is astonishing.

Thanks MaxGrit.

Your fawning over Barton is equally creepy. Although, I do understand that charlatans such as Barton, Jimmy Swaggert and others can be persuasive, especially in connection with those who tend toward being gullible.

It is a shame that charlatans and snake-oil salesmen such as Barton find an audience, albeit small, who tend to be not at all discriminating in their demands for honesty and integrity.

You use the word "creepy" a lot. That's creepy.

Barton's cool ... I likes the dude 'cause the dude be cool! :eusa_angel:

David Barton Defends His Recalled Book Thomas Jefferson Lies w/ Glenn Beck in GBTV Answering Critics - YouTube

Swaggert made amends for not wording a book correctly? Huh ... I hadn't heard about that.

Thanks for acknowledging that Barton's apology was solid. I agree.

Swaggert made amends for not wording a book correctly? Huh ... I hadn't heard about that.

Thanks for acknowledging that Barton was forced to apologize for his lies and fraudulent re-writing of history. His apology was a fraud.

He'll be remembered as a charlatan who was able to dupe the gullible - for a short time - until he was discredited as just another religious zealot who abandons facts in order to press a fundamentalist agenda.

Not to worry. You can still pray at the altar of fraud.

Thanks MaxGrit.

It's disturbing that you think liars and frauds are cool. But like so many fundies, lies and fraud are excused when perpetrated in furtherance of your agenda.

Thanks for acknowledging that Barton was forced to apologize for his lies and fraudulent re-writing of history. His apology was a fraud.

He'll be remembered as a charlatan who was able to dupe the gullible - for a short time - until he was discredited as just another religious zealot who abandons facts in order to press a fundamentalist agenda.

Nope. When his book is re-released it will go down in history as a classical piece of historical accuracy and Barton will be revered as a courageous truth-seeker who stood up to anti-Christ and his lock-step army of fools.

It's disturbing that you think liars and frauds are cool. But like so many fundies, lies and fraud are excused when perpetrated in furtherance of your agenda.

Thank God for our Christian founders including Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin. Great men, they were.

Thank God for our Christian founders including Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin. Great men, they were.

And thank the gods the founders framed a model of government that provided me protections from those who wield their religion like a bloody truncheon.

Nope. When his book is re-released it will go down in history as a classical piece of historical accuracy and Barton will be revered as a courageous truth-seeker who stood up to anti-Christ and his lock-step army of fools.
He has been disgraced once as liar and a charlatan.

Praying at the altar of liars and charlatans is a fools errand.

Your melodramatic comments surrounding Barton are cult-like. You should seek help for that.

It does the opposite. Have you read the gentleman's careful and objective rebuttal to Barton? Of course not.

Your type of attitude we dealt with at the school board in this manner: respectfully and dismissively.

If you want pseudo-history taught to your children, send them to a far right social conservative school.

Why yes, Jake, I did read it. Why don't you give one example of any 'objective rebuttal' in the article?

You're a waste of O2, You have no credibility on this board, and you'll never respond to this, just like you never respond to any question posted to you that makes you look like a fool. What makes me a 'fundamentalist' Jake? Question too difficult for you?

Newby, you talking about cred is similar to Judas talking about loyalty. We know you did not read it.

The questions have been answer credibly over and over: Barton is a plagiarist, a hack, and a selective cherry picker.

That is why so many school districts in East Texas do not permit his work, while many far right Christian private schools do.

Send your child to Grace Academy, but you won't tell the public schools how to teach and what the books will be. You do not know enough, one, and, your are prejudiced, two.

Still can't answer Jake? What makes me a fundamentalist? You said it, so surely you have knowledge to back it up, or were you just saying it to say it, because you can, regardless whether or not you know it to be true? Which is what makes up about 99% of your posts, comments without any validity.

So, what makes me a fundamentalist? I'm all ears..

It does the opposite. Have you read the gentleman's careful and objective rebuttal to Barton? Of course not.

Your type of attitude we dealt with at the school board in this manner: respectfully and dismissively.

If you want pseudo-history taught to your children, send them to a far right social conservative school.

Why yes, Jake, I did read it. Why don't you give one example of any 'objective rebuttal' in the article?

You're a waste of O2, You have no credibility on this board, and you'll never respond to this, just like you never respond to any question posted to you that makes you look like a fool. What makes me a 'fundamentalist' Jake? Question too difficult for you?

Newby, you talking about cred is similar to Judas talking about loyalty. We know you did not read it.

The questions have been answer credibly over and over: Barton is a plagiarist, a hack, and a selective cherry picker.

That is why so many school districts in East Texas do not permit his work, while many far right Christian private schools do.

Send your child to Grace Academy, but you won't tell the public schools how to teach and what the books will be. You do not know enough, one, and, your are prejudiced, two.

How do you know I have any child or children?

How do you know if I even attend church?

Where have I ever made any comment on this board that I've even attempted to tell public schools how to teach or what their books will be?

How do you know what I know? You don't know crap about me.

And what am I prejudiced against?

How do you know I'm a 'fundamentalist'?

Jake will never answer these questions or back them up with any credible links to anything because they're all bullshit that he's pulled out of his ass.

This is a typical example of a 'Jake' post, irrelevent, full of things he's made up in his head, i.e. lies, and totally without integrity. This guy is supposedly on a school board choosing what children will read and learn in public schools (claimed by him), and yet he doesn't know the difference between 'you're' and 'your'. Jake perfectly represents the kind of people that worm their way into our schools and our politics and our media and are poisoning everything they touch with their warped ideology.

Oh, and by the way, it's obvious Jake did not read the article, he's making a fool of himself with his comments about it, and he doesn't even realize it. Gotta love it! :lol:

Last edited:

And thank the gods the founders framed a model of government that provided me protections from those who wield their religion like a bloody truncheon.

So you're thanking a group of wise Christians. Thanks. We're once again in agreement.

Thanks MaxGrit.

Go play in traffic. :cuckoo:

Your melodramatic comments surrounding Barton are cult-like. You should seek help for that.

He's not a liar or a charlatan. He explained himself and provided documentation for his findings and conclusions. Just because the truth doesn't fit into your personal, narrow-minded worldview doesn't make Barton wrong ... it makes you wrong.

Only in your demented mind, sweetheart... oh, and maybe Brucie's too... :cuckoo:

He's not a liar or a charlatan. He explained himself and provided documentation for his findings and conclusions. Just because the truth doesn't fit into your personal, narrow-minded worldview doesn't make Barton wrong ... it makes you wrong.

She's another one that's gone off the deep end... waste of time even commenting on her lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back