Whack nuts go crazy over children's book

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
My, they can use children's books to promote their agenda, but no one else can.

I know that children’s books are a nice, simple way of dealing with things kids have to encounter in the world later on, or to explain things that kids are encountering now in a reassuring way. But — isn’t this a little much? Kids have to live with some issues on a daily basis. How should you treat people? How shouldn’t you treat people? What does a family look like? Does everybody poop?

But do we really have to engage our Young Readers in the gun-control debate?

“Keep the culture wars away from kids?” you say. “But what about that book about gay penguin dads? What’s wrong with wanting books that reflect your family and your family’s story?” Well, are the guns really such vital members of the family that they need to appear in the picture book, too? I think it’s possible to reconcile my sense that this is a little much a little soon with the fact that I basically enjoyed “And Tango Makes Three.” But I like any book that contains pictures of penguins.
A children?s book for gun rights? ?My Parents Open Carry? ? and beyond - The Washington Post

See, no agenda there, write books about gay parents, but not parents who carry guns.

My, they can use children's books to promote their agenda, but no one else can.

I know that children’s books are a nice, simple way of dealing with things kids have to encounter in the world later on, or to explain things that kids are encountering now in a reassuring way. But — isn’t this a little much? Kids have to live with some issues on a daily basis. How should you treat people? How shouldn’t you treat people? What does a family look like? Does everybody poop?

But do we really have to engage our Young Readers in the gun-control debate?

“Keep the culture wars away from kids?” you say. “But what about that book about gay penguin dads? What’s wrong with wanting books that reflect your family and your family’s story?” Well, are the guns really such vital members of the family that they need to appear in the picture book, too? I think it’s possible to reconcile my sense that this is a little much a little soon with the fact that I basically enjoyed “And Tango Makes Three.” But I like any book that contains pictures of penguins.
A children?s book for gun rights? ?My Parents Open Carry? ? and beyond - The Washington Post

See, no agenda there, write books about gay parents, but not parents who carry guns.

Looks like the Mouse is starting to Roar and turning the tactics of Liberal Fascism against them.

I was going to say similar as GREENBEAN , maybe conservative Americans are starting to wise up . First with EL RUSHBO and his series of books and now this Pro Gun stuff . I'm waiting for the howls of hate , looking forward to reading and hearing it !!

Parents have an unconditional right and duty to teach their children their values.

Forum List

Back