What a Trump Supporter Expects from President Trump.

Agree, that is one area where Trump's promises were pie in the sky - those jobs won't come back, and what little might come back won't be anywhere near the numbers needed due to automation.

But it's not entirely fair to say what I bolded. Manufacturing jobs were skilled labor - it just didn't need a college degree. It payed well and it could support a family. They aren't stupid - they are desperate. You can't raise a family on a McD's job. What Trump should do is work with the states on figuring out what sorts of new jobs they could attract, and train the workforce for those jobs. It's the same problem we have in my state only the mantra is the War Against Coal. We're a state with a heavy reliance on the energy industry and coal in particular provides very well paying jobs with out needing a college degree. That's just not going to come back the way it was. It's a finite resource, and while environmental regulations have taken some toll, a lot of it is also effected by the production of cheaper and cleaner natural gas. In addition, a lot of the coal that remains is harder to extract, more expensive, and the extraction is more environmentally damaging. So Trump is promising to bring it all back instead of talking about diversifying the industries in those areas, attracting new jobs, retraining the workforce. In all those areas Clinton's ideas were way ahead of Trumps but they were drowned out in the "War Against Coal" shouting.
This is an area where I don't quite understand, so I didn't mention it in the list.
Here's my question though: when Ford moves its factories to Mexico, tens of thousands of people lose their jobs. Do you think it is inevitable?

I agree with those points. I think he also owes the rust belt a concerted effort to bring jobs back in those areas. Good for you that you got involved and made a difference.
You say bring jobs back like they moved some where. Will, millions did. To China. And with the Chinese making $172 an month, those jobs will never come back.

But the vast majority of jobs were lost to automation. NOT moving overseas.

Outsourcing Not the Culprit in Manufacturing Job Loss | Automation World

Automation vs. Outsourcing

Trump knew that all the time. His minions are fools. They could have looked that up. But they want high paying jobs that require no skills. Stupid people.
I don't know why you lefties are so upset about Trump. He is a progressive...and he wants to spend on infrastructure in a big way. I thought you wanted that. He has also stated that HC needs to be provided for ALL Americans...that is a lefty wet dream.

You guys need to make up your minds...if that is possible.

Forum List

Back