what a waste!

Maybe so but the question is simply, WHY? There appears to be no good answer and it is certainly less than grade A engineering.

There appears to be no good answer ...

non you are willing to accept, Live Oaks live hundreds of years, four seasons per year - and a wink for sleep ?

I am not a live oak. However it would seem that live oaks also are severely limited in what they can do.
it would seem to me that even if you believed oaks evolved from a single celled organism, the very fact they exist makes it difficult to argue they aren't successful........

There appears to be no good answer ...

non you are willing to accept, Live Oaks live hundreds of years, four seasons per year - and a wink for sleep ?

I am not a live oak. However it would seem that live oaks also are severely limited in what they can do.
it would seem to me that even if you believed oaks evolved from a single celled organism, the very fact they exist makes it difficult to argue they aren't successful........

Success is a relative term. The WWll P51 Mustang fighter plane was a huge success unless you compare it to a modern jet.

Your live oak may also be successful but the question is "compared to what". And that is the only way we can be called successful, simply because we are the best of an established species.

The question is, Could we be improved if the designer had the necessary intellect, material and means.

I would suggest God has all three (supposedly) but he did not design us efficiently and there appears to be no rush to correct the situation.

Face it, we are a product of random choice.................or a disinterested god.

Success is a relative term. The WWll P51 Mustang fighter plane was a huge success unless you compare it to a modern jet.

Your live oak may also be successful but the question is "compared to what". And that is the only way we can be called successful, simply because we are the best of an established species.

The question is, Could we be improved if the designer had the necessary intellect, material and means.

I would suggest God has all three (supposedly) but he did not design us efficiently and there appears to be no rush to correct the situation.

Face it, we are a product of random choice.................or a disinterested god.

yet, here we sit in the shade of an oak tree breathing the sweet fresh air.....contemplating the joy of taking a nap and feeling quite content......

yet, here we sit in the shade of an oak tree breathing the sweet fresh air.....contemplating the joy of taking a nap and feeling quite content......

onecut39: but the question is "compared to what".

images

images

ever been to the moon onecut39 ? - it is only 238,900 miles from wherever you live ...

Too bad you need the nap. Had you been designed by a competent engineer................

images

images

ever been to the moon onecut39 ? - it is only 238,900 miles from wherever you live ...

And you were compelled to write that irrelevant sentence..............why?

images

images

And you were compelled to write that irrelevant sentence..............why?

because there is more to life than living in a basement ... is there a window ?

Too bad you need the nap. Had you been designed by a competent engineer................

yet again, I ask to see your competing design.......having a bit of a problem getting it to stand up and be noticed?........

yet again, I ask to see your competing design.......having a bit of a problem getting it to stand up and be noticed?........

I certainly have some ideas the creator should consider. Take "handedness". The entire idea that one side of your body should work better than the other is, to say the least, bizarre and something the most incompetent earthly engineer would avoid.

At least the creator (should there be one) should feel blessed for fans like yourself who have such low expectations. Perhaps our (your) creator is just the underachiever in a host of superior beings.

I certainly have some ideas the creator should consider. Take "handedness". The entire idea that one side of your body should work better than the other is, to say the least, bizarre and something the most incompetent earthly engineer would avoid.

At least the creator (should there be one) should feel blessed for fans like yourself who have such low expectations. Perhaps our (your) creator is just the underachiever in a host of superior beings.

what are you planning on using instead of DNA?.....is your prototype nearly finished?.....will you use your own breath to breathe life into it or will you use nuclear power?......

what are you planning on using instead of DNA?.....is your prototype nearly finished?.....will you use your own breath to breathe life into it or will you use nuclear power?......

Are you saying the the creator does indeed have limitations. Surely he could have done that. Couldn't he?

Push come to shove you are useless for a third of your existence, you cannot reproduce truly and one side of you does not work as well as the other.

All are very serious design flaws. (and there is more.

Are you saying the the creator does indeed have limitations.
why no.....actually I'm saying that despite your claims of superior design, YOU have limitations......you haven't got a fucking clue how to make a single celled organism let alone a human being......

Are you saying the the creator does indeed have limitations.
why no.....actually I'm saying that despite your claims of superior design, YOU have limitations......you haven't got a fucking clue how to make a single celled organism let alone a human being......

You are joshing me. I have two kids. They were very easy to make. Don't blame me if the kit did not have the best design.

And yet look at all of the things that He had to make sure were perfect for mankind to exist. What tilt would you angle us at? And what speed would you have us turning at? How far away would you place our heat and energy source? There's that darn gravity thing.

I too, would like to see your competing design. And not an improvement of His tired old inadequate design, with skin that closes and a cooling system, waste removal system, DNA identifiable system, vulnerable heart, lung, brain arrangement, 4 dimension living model. A whole new design should be in order.
And then breath your life into it and show us what you made? :smiliehug:

His ways, His thoughts are much higher than ours. For now you have everything you need for this vapor, this short portion of your life. What you do here merely determines what you do next. You are a work in progress.
eg > Spiritual eyes can see much more than human eyes can. Human eyes are a blessing, for now. If we actually saw the powers and principalities at war with us, we'd never get out from under the bed. :eek:

Last edited:

And yet look at all of the things that He had to make sure were perfect for mankind to exist. What tilt would you angle us at? And what speed would you have us turning at? How far away would you place our heat and energy source? There's that darn gravity
thing.

I too, would like to see your competing design. And not an improvement of His tired old inadequate design, with skin that closes and a cooling system, waste removal system, DNA identifiable system, vulnerable heart, lung, brain arrangement, 4 dimension living model. A whole new design should be in order.

His ways, His thoughts are much higher than ours. For now you have everything you need for this vapor, this short portion of your life. What you do here merely determines what you do next. You are a work in progress.
eg > Spiritual eyes can see much more than human eyes can. Human eyes are a blessing, for now. If we actually saw the powers and principalities at war with us, we'd never get out from under the bed. :eek:

Let us hope you are correct because the way we stand there is a whole lot to be desired.

And yet look at all of the things that He had to make sure were perfect for mankind to exist. What tilt would you angle us at? And what speed would you have us turning at? How far away would you place our heat and energy source? There's that darn gravity
thing.

Let us hope you are correct because the way we stand there is a whole lot to be desired.

BEFORE mankind chose to reject GOD and live in sin there was no sickness pain or death,it is man's sin that brought ruin to all creation,even the earth groans under the load of mankind's sin. JESUS is returning soon and HE will re-new creation back to perfection for eternity!!

Last edited:
A good friend of mine is an engineer - a rocket scientist to be more specific. He graduated at the top of his class at UIUC back in the ought-70's.

He once lamented about the uselessness of sleep. He said that sleep deprives him of productivity.

Most of man's greatest ideas come to him in sleep!!! WISE UP AND GET SOME SLEEP!!!

You are correct!

Keith Richard's opening riff to "Satisfaction" came to him in his sleep.

I am 75 years old. I woke up this morning and began thinking of all the time I have spent sleeping. If I have averaged the prescribed 8 hours a day that is 25 years spent in oblivion.

If we are the product of a superior being, designed by a do any thing kind of guy, that design is incredibly bad. What first year engineering student would even consider designing a machine that would be totally useless for a third of its existence.

Intelligent design? Hardly.

It is a daily reminder that you are not God and that you rely on him for your very existence.

Maybe you do. I don't.

that is the problem. You do, you just don't realize it. One day you will, and you will wish you had acknowledged it earlier.

And yet look at all of the things that He had to make sure were perfect for mankind to exist. What tilt would you angle us at? And what speed would you have us turning at? How far away would you place our heat and energy source? There's that darn gravity thing.

One long cop out!

It is a daily reminder that you are not God and that you rely on him for your very existence.

Maybe you do. I don't.

that is the problem. You do, you just don't realize it. One day you will, and you will wish you had acknowledged it earlier.

Not hardly pilgrim. The "supreme being" as presented in religious dogma is alternately, cruel, petty, jealous and inept.

Not my kind of guy. (or girl, or it)

Forum List

Back