What are the Democrats plans for those without Life Insurance?

The motto of the Democratic Party: Dont get sick, and if you, die!
... but keep voting for us!

Richard_Daley_Sr.jpg

Mayor Richard J. Daley approves this message.

Your friend should have gotten workman's comp, which is private insurance. Additionally he could have purchased insurance to cover his lost income. But didnt. WHy is that now our problem?

Workman's Comp applies to "on the job" injuries and generally any type of private insurace you buy only covers a set amount of time.

I hadnt realized it wasnt on the job. You're right there.
WHy is his poor planning our responsibility?

Because we are members of the HUMAN RACE and we have compassion.

And the same would apply to you and members of your family should you or they ever require the use of that safety net. And to say or imply that you are somehow "untouchable" shows ingnorance and/or foolishness. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM that my tax dollars are used for that purpose.

If your husband dies and leaves you with a bunch of kids, you just apply for welfare......that's the way it works

What's the Republican plan......living in a car?

The Democrats plan is that everyone have life insurance.

More interesting is, "What is the Republican Plan for those without life insurance"? Oh, wait, I think we already know the Republican Plan.
Life insurance is one of those areas where prices are still low and results are good, largely owing to the fact that the government hasn't yet interfered in it as yet. There were some soundings in that direction prior to the 2010 election. If the govt does get involved the results will not be good for consumers.

Today a seventy year old male can purchase a 100k level term policy for twenty years - renewable at ninety - for the very low price of $116/mo., and the death benefit is non taxable.....as of now.

Workman's Comp applies to "on the job" injuries and generally any type of private insurace you buy only covers a set amount of time.

And the same would apply to you and members of your family should you or they ever require the use of that safety net. And to say or imply that you are somehow "untouchable" shows ingnorance and/or foolishness. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM that my tax dollars are used for that purpose.

Funny, you liberals' compassion always means somebody else does the paying. You're all the same...

If your husband dies and leaves you with a bunch of kids, you just apply for welfare......that's the way it works

No, it's called planning ahead and being responsible so you're wife and kids won't have to sponge off others and live in a fucking car.

Last edited:

More interesting is, "What is the Republican Plan for those without life insurance"? Oh, wait, I think we already know the Republican Plan.
Life insurance is one of those areas where prices are still low and results are good, largely owing to the fact that the government hasn't yet interfered in it as yet.

Government doesn't regulate the life insurance industry?

Seriously, are you stupid or something?

No, it's called planning ahead and being responsible so you're wife and kids won't have to sponge off others and live in a fucking car.

That doesn't answer the question..

What is the Republican plan for families left destitute?

Life insurance is one of those areas where prices are still low and results are good, largely owing to the fact that the government hasn't yet interfered in it as yet. There were some soundings in that direction prior to the 2010 election. If the govt does get involved the results will not be good for consumers.

Today a seventy year old male can purchase a 100k level term policy for twenty years - renewable at ninety - for the very low price of $116/mo., and the death benefit is non taxable.....as of now.

So are you proposing we make life insurance mandatory? It is so cheap

If not? What do you do with the destitute?

That doesn't answer the question..

What is the Republican plan for families left destitute?
Send them to Houston.

Funny, you liberals' compassion always means somebody else does the paying. You're all the same...

So what you're saying is that nobody depending on any kind of government assistance is a conservative? What the fuck planet do you live on? Planet Retard?

Your ignorance and stupidity is just overwhelming. :cuckoo:

It's people like you that give REAL conservatives a bad name, Neo-Con.

The answer to the original question is harassment by the IRS and fines that will of course increase interest over time leaving the victims of Obama's henchmen without recourse much less the ability to afford health care. Cha ching.

If life insurance is purchased early in life a fairly large amount like I mentioned above can be bought for as little as $25 per month. The longer the customer the older the customer the larger the premium. There is no reason to make it mandatory, it's up to the individual.

I don't think that every one really needs it, so it doesn't need to be mandatory as long as there is some support for the final arrangements for burial and such. There is funding in the countiy budgets to take care of interring indigents, and it's not a federal issue, except that for those covered under SS there is a small interment "benefit."

But life insurance is bought to deal with unfinished obligations as far as debts and the like, to pay for intermment, and to preserve whatever estate is left so that something can be passed on to the survivors.

If life insurance is purchased early in life a fairly large amount like I mentioned above can be bought for as little as $25 per month. The longer the customer the older the customer the larger the premium. There is no reason to make it mandatory, it's up to the individual.

I don't think that every one really needs it, so it doesn't need to be mandatory as long as there is some support for the final arrangements for burial and such. There is funding in the countiy budgets to take care of interring indigents, and it's not a federal issue, except that for those covered under SS there is a small interment "benefit."

But life insurance is bought to deal with unfinished obligations as far as debts and the like, to pay for intermment, and to preserve whatever estate is left so that something can be passed on to the survivors.

And if someone doesn't have life insurance?

Welfare or destitute?

And if someone doesn't have life insurance?

Welfare or destitute?

If they don't have any obligations to discharge they don't need life insurance. If they do have undischarged obligations, then their creditors will have to eat most of that for the uninsured. Their survivors will come and clean up their rental space, or take charge of their personal effects. If they have no survivors the county will take care of their remains, and that's all that needs to happen. As for the destitute they won't be dumped in the landfill, they will be placed in the ground in a potters field.

Some of us want to be cremated; I'm one of those, although I have the "plot", marker, and burial expenses prepaid. Of late I think that I won't be needing those, nor the expense of the casket and vault.

Last edited:
Maybe, RW, you are angling for a concession that the government should get into the business of providing life insurance. That ought to be good for the life insurance carriers, but it would lead to interference, and the cost of life insurance would go up for everyone. It would no longer be nearly as cheap as it is to purchase.

I have been insured by some major companies for health insurance since my discharge from the Marine Corps in 64. At one time my health insurance was as little as $30 a month for my dependent and myself. It was good insurance, something I know, because about two years after we married my wife went into the hospital in the capital city for two weeks and we were able to handle all the costs from our meager income of about $1,000/month combined. It simply did not comprise a hardship at all.

At that time the government was not involved in regulating the health insurance industry, at least not to any real degree that I'm aware.

Life insurance is one of those areas where prices are still low and results are good, largely owing to the fact that the government hasn't yet interfered in it as yet.

Government doesn't regulate the life insurance industry?

Seriously, are you stupid or something?

I didn't say that. What isn't regulated? All states have insurance commissioners to oversee the activities of insurance companies operating within their jurisdiction. The degree to which the industry is regulated doesn't hamper it much. It could be much worse. That is witnessed by the fact that death benefits to a beneficiary are not taxable in any jurisdiction, federal or state. On the other hand earnings on annuities are taxable, at maturity. I don’t think though, that specifically amounts to "regulation" just some specific required conformance to the tax code.

By the way, and in the vein of your second unnecessarily disrespectful query... are you a child playing on your parent’s computer or something?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back