What are you listening to?

This morning at 7AM I wake Mr. Lucy up with at top volume playing the below 7" record by The Immortal Lee County Killers from Auburn, Alabama....Mr. Lucy say to me "of course this is the reason why I married you" excellent and what a romantic thing to say to me, no wonder I allow him to paint my toenails for me :smoke:

The Immortal Lee County Killers "Train She Rides" released on 7" and it plays on 33 ⅓ RPM and not on 45 RPM in 2000 on Homo Habilis Records the B Sides are "Train She Rides" a very good and strange remix of and also "Cool Driver"

Dionne Warwick "This Empty Place" from her second album "Anyone Who Had A Heart" released in 1964 on Scepter Records.

Dionne Warwicks's first eight albums recorded from 1963-1968 for Scepter Records are completely fantastic ("Presenting Dionne Warwick" (1963), "Anyone Who Had A Heart" (1964), "Make Way For Dionne Warwick" (1964), "The Sensitive Sound of Dionne Warwick" (1965), "Here I Am" (1965), "Here Where There Is Love" (1966), "The Windows of The World" (1967) and "Dionne Warwick In The Valley of The Dolls" (1968)

Dionne Warwick should never have left being headquartered in The Brill Building and she never should have left Scepter Records and gone to Warner Brothers, her recordings are all totally downhill from these points from a musical perspective and also from a taste perspective.

Same with Aretha Franklin nearly everything she recorded when she was on Atlantic Records was fantastic and before that nearly everything she recorded on Columbia Records was fantastic and all went downhill and too commercial when she went to Arista Records one of the WORST record labels EVAH, WTF she should have gone back to Columbia if she was going to leave Atlantic.

Okay end of rant :smoke:

This ^^ is always what happens when you go for the money instead of the art.

I am up ogo eating cheese crackers with raspberry sauce on them and vanilla ice cream and mustard. It's good stuff you should get all these things and eat them yourself :thup:

Aber Ich bin nicht Preggers. Far as I know.

Raspberry is strictly reserved for creamy desserts like rice pudding, and for my raspberry peach champagne jam which I had on toast for breakfast. :eusa_snooty:

This morning at 7AM I wake Mr. Lucy up with at top volume playing the below 7" record by The Immortal Lee County Killers from Auburn, Alabama....Mr. Lucy say to me "of course this is the reason why I married you" excellent and what a romantic thing to say to me, no wonder I allow him to paint my toenails for me :smoke:

The Immortal Lee County Killers "Train She Rides" released on 7" and it plays on 33 ⅓ RPM and not on 45 RPM in 2000 on Homo Habilis Records the B Sides are "Train She Rides" a very good and strange remix of and also "Cool Driver"

Dionne Warwick "This Empty Place" from her second album "Anyone Who Had A Heart" released in 1964 on Scepter Records.

Dionne Warwicks's first eight albums recorded from 1963-1968 for Scepter Records are completely fantastic ("Presenting Dionne Warwick" (1963), "Anyone Who Had A Heart" (1964), "Make Way For Dionne Warwick" (1964), "The Sensitive Sound of Dionne Warwick" (1965), "Here I Am" (1965), "Here Where There Is Love" (1966), "The Windows of The World" (1967) and "Dionne Warwick In The Valley of The Dolls" (1968)

Dionne Warwick should never have left being headquartered in The Brill Building and she never should have left Scepter Records and gone to Warner Brothers, her recordings are all totally downhill from these points from a musical perspective and also from a taste perspective.

Same with Aretha Franklin nearly everything she recorded when she was on Atlantic Records was fantastic and before that nearly everything she recorded on Columbia Records was fantastic and all went downhill and too commercial when she went to Arista Records one of the WORST record labels EVAH, WTF she should have gone back to Columbia if she was going to leave Atlantic.

I am up ogo eating cheese crackers with raspberry sauce on them and vanilla ice cream and mustard. It's good stuff you should get all these things and eat them yourself :thup:

Kid E incoming ogo, official date of happening TBA, better be girl Kid B and me are surrounded by men in this household we need a reinforcement on our team. Downside - no Martini's for while now on chocolate milk :(

Kid E incoming ogo, official date of happening TBA, better be girl Kid B and me are surrounded by men in this household we need a reinforcement on our team. Downside - no Martini's for while now on chocolate milk :(

Number 5 already and you're like 22. Whelp, I guess we all know what you're doing between posts. And martinis.

Number 5 already and you're like 22. Whelp, I guess we all know what you're doing between posts. And martinis.

Um no I am 28 years in age in 8 days from this day today. This is Mr. Lucy's fault I am just an innocent girl with a virgin mind....oh wait hold on I forgot :eusa_doh:

Don't be intimidated, it's the 1st track. ;) This is the "straight up" version. As if.

What is intimidating about any Dave Brubeck?

This afternoon I had Kid A listening with me to various Albert Ayler records including the below album.

Albert Ayler Trio "The Wizard" from the album "Spiritual Unity" released in 1965 on ESP-Disk Records.

Old School:

FYI: Subject of song is Gitmo..Er the island. In English, it's Guantanamo.

Last edited:

Um no I am 28 years in age in 8 days from this day today. This is Mr. Lucy's fault I am just an innocent girl with a virgin mind....oh wait hold on I forgot :eusa_doh:

Meh--- 22, 27, machts nichts. You are the same age my mother was when she popped me. But I was only Kid B.

Forum List

Back