What are you reading?

Right now I'm working my way through all the Dean Koontz novels, which are crime/suspense. His plots are, so far as I can see, are flawless, and he is a master of some really fine prose. I find him using words strung together in quite lovely and moving combinations.

I love Stephen King and tried sooo hard to like Koontz just as much, because Koontz is just as prolific...

But I don't like his work. I find his writing stale and his stories boring.

It's funny how different people can view the same thing completely differently.

Currently:
513BOc4YsFL._SS500_.jpg

I've read it before, but I have run out of new stuff and so picked it up again a couple of days ago.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Eleanor-Novel-Aquitaine/dp/0609808095]The Book of Eleanor: A Novel of Eleanor of Aquitaine: Pamela Kaufman: 9780609808092: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

The third in Manda Scott's Boudicca trilogy: Dreaming the Hound.

I started reading the first one about five years ago but ended-up throwing it across the room halfway through after I got tired of all the in-depth explanation of pagan ceremonies and "dreaming".

The following two novels, however, focus more on the Roman invaders and how they ruthlessly went about subjugating the native Celts.

The third in Manda Scott's Boudicca trilogy: Dreaming the Hound.

I started reading the first one about five years ago but ended-up throwing it across the room halfway through after I got tired of all the in-depth explanation of pagan ceremonies and "dreaming".

The following two novels, however, focus more on the Roman invaders and how they ruthlessly went about subjugating the native Celts.

Ah, Roman Britain. Try Robert Harris' "Imperium" and "Conspirata" both excellent novels of Roman politics and statesmanship written by an Englishman.

Good reads about political blood-sport!

Last edited:
I just started reading Man Ray: American Artist by Neil Baldwin.

030681014X_l.jpg

Catherine the Great by Massie...very good biography!

It's a miracle that some of us read books... paper books .... a miracle .... :(

Forum List

Back