What are you reading?

Opened the first page of 'Alex Cross' and realised I had already just read 'Cross' which is the same damned book. Bloody people changing the name because of a movie!!!

Now reading Destined To Play by Indigo Bloom. Like Fifty Shades, but better.

"The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science -- and Reality" by Chris Mooney

The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science--And Reality by Chris C. Mooney - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

In my opinion, (I'm on page 206 of 274 pages) this book has both great strengths and a few weaknesses. However, in my opinion, it's probably best read after reading Jonathan Haidt's much better researched (and possibly more objective) book,

"The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion"

which I read a few months ago.

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Heroes Proved by Oliver North. An excellent book that gives an insight into what the US intends to become.

I just started "Down and Out in Paris and London" by George Orwell ...published in 1933, it is a memoir in two parts on the theme of poverty in the two cities.

down-and-out-in-paris-and-london-uk.jpg

Just finished "The Racketeer" by John Grisham. It's his new book and the only book of his I've ever read. Just let me say that even as I read the book (which was mostly empty calories), I could just see the multimillion dollar high budget movie being filmed in my mind.

I started reading David Foster Wallace's 1st book, "The Broom of the System" which even early, seems to hold more in store as far good writing is concerned. Of course, it's also a more convoluted (but probably not a more far-fetched) plot than Grisham's book.

Last edited:
"Thomas Jefferson, The Art of Power, A Christmas President from my wife; and, the final book of Stieg Larsson's triology "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" on my Nook Color.

Forum List

Back