What are you reading?

For some reason I decided to go back and read the dark elf books by R A Salvatore. I really should get onto some of the books I have but haven't read yet. :redface:

Of course, I'm reading less now that I don't take smoke breaks! :(

51VoVj-j%2BhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Autobiography-Military-History/dp/0062082353"]http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Autobiography-Military-History/dp/0062082353[/ame]

Last edited:
I read everything from my old Victorian Literature text from 40 years at university (Baugh's edition of Chaucer is another), but what I do enjoy is to manuscript review new histories for various publishing houses. I get some of the latest in the niches I like (western Americana, etc) and make some input.

I'm reading "Enjoy the Decline".

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Enjoy-Decline-Aaron-Clarey/dp/1480284769/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360534226&sr=8-1&keywords=enjoying+the+decline]Enjoy the Decline: Aaron Clarey: 9781480284760: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Not everyone (i.e. me) is willing to go the full Galt minimalist approach - but I do agree with the author regarding minimizing one's income and consumption to provide less slave tribute to the government.

"Time to Hunt" by Stephen Hunter. It's a Bob Lee Swagger series book. They made a movie which I liked about the Bob Lee Swagger character, called "Shooter" which made Swagger into a modern USMC vet but in the Hunter books he is a 50 year old Vietnam vet. As a vintage vet of the same era and Service I kind of like the books. Hunter has the USMC dialog and politics down pat.

"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald

F. Scott Fitzgerald is my favorite American writer from the 1920!:clap2:

His times and life AMAZING! He represents all the 1920s meant!

In fact he was the one who coined the term " The Jazz Age

I own all of his bios ...and Zelda's bios and her daughter's bios etc.... ...... What a life!!!!:clap2:

FScottFitz_zps2be9ade0.jpg

The Madman (1918) Kahlil Gibran

I love kahlil Gibran. Philosophical genius.

I have read The Prophet as well many times in my life. The copy I now use was given to me by a special person who got it from a used book store. The fact that it was a present to a previous owner lends air of mystique to this copy...:)

prophet-cover.jpg

Last edited:

I own all of his bios ...and Zelda's bios and her daughter's bios etc.... ...... What a life!!!!:clap2:

As an interesting aside for some people, I think there is a line in Gatsby that Frank Capra lifted and used in his classic movie "It's a Wonderful life" when Violet Bick comments on the dress she's wearing.

As an interesting aside for some people, I think there is a line in Gatsby that Frank Capra lifted and used in his classic movie "It's a Wonderful life" when Violet Bick comments on the dress she's wearing.

You're reading Gatsby NOW?

Forum List

Back