What caused life to come into existence?

The Miller-Urey experiment in the '50s showed without doubt that self-replicating organic compounds can assemble from their constituent inorganic elements given the right environment.

Whether or not that is the source of life on Earth is still conjecture. But, it's not impossible.

I could bore you with a lengthy copy and paste of a rebuttal. Suffice it to say, anyone who claims they can take non-living matter and CREATE life from it is FULL OF SHIT.

true-----just as anyone who claims the ability to BUILD A SUN is full of shit. --------so?

So you believe the universe created itself?

a fortuitous combination of CARBON atoms-----oxygen atoms and very ubiquitous hydrogen atoms----BUMPED
into each other for eons and eons------with a lot of ENERGY thrown in. ORGANIC MOLECULES came about.

the complex molecules began to wiggle. ------abiogenesis did 'happen'

And how did they come into existence? Did they create themselves?

how did the ATOMS come into existence----or how did the molecules come into existence?

I could bore you with a lengthy copy and paste of a rebuttal. Suffice it to say, anyone who claims they can take non-living matter and CREATE life from it is FULL OF SHIT.

true-----just as anyone who claims the ability to BUILD A SUN is full of shit. --------so?

a fortuitous combination of CARBON atoms-----oxygen atoms and very ubiquitous hydrogen atoms----BUMPED
into each other for eons and eons------with a lot of ENERGY thrown in. ORGANIC MOLECULES came about.

how did the ATOMS come into existence----or how did the molecules come into existence?

Our creator, I believe.

I think it has something to do with magic fairy dust

Our creator, I believe.
That is what you believe, and that is fair enough. For me, I don't know. Simple as that. I do know, from the fossil record and the study of DNA that evolution is a fact. As to whether a deity designed that by creating the rules of the universe as they are, or it is chance, I do not know, and don't really expect to find out in my lifetime.

That's right. You don't know shit from shinola but you continue to push the fairy tale that life somehow developed from non-living matter. Impossible.

The Miller-Urey experiment in the '50s showed without doubt that self-replicating organic compounds can assemble from their constituent inorganic elements given the right environment.

Whether or not that is the source of life on Earth is still conjecture. But, it's not impossible.

Not a bad mental picture at all. A bit simplified, but it works for me. Throw in some feldspars for chirality, some water and heat, other odds and ends of various compounds and elements with catalytic properties, and, voila!, life.

I dont pretend to know. Most humans starve for answers to chaos. IDK why they cant be patient instead of throwing away logic and reality.
Fear of the unknown would be my guess.
Decent guess. Makes sense. Humans must always fill in holes with something. Regardless of how unfounded or delusional it is.

What's "delusional" is the belief that the universe created itself and that life came from a rock.
No more crazy than thinking a spirit that created itself created everything.
Or thinking we are nothing more than an alien experiment 10K light years away from home.

The topic is how life came into existence on Earth. Science offers nothing. In a thousand years they'll still have nothing. There's only one force that can create life.

You do realize that saying an invisible magic being did it is the same as offering nothing don't you?

If you are a Christian, what do you think about these posers who claim a non-biblical creator?

Do you call them atheists or worse?

Here are the elements of the universe

The-Periodic-Table-Of-The-Elements.jpg

Life primarily relies on Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen
Put them together in the right order and you get the molecules necessary to create life

Put them together in the right order and you get the molecules necessary to create life

That we know of.

Don't forget that we know nothing about 95% of the matter and energy that comprise the known universe.

Not a bad mental picture at all. A bit simplified, but it works for me. Throw in some feldspars for chirality, some water and heat, other odds and ends of various compounds and elements with catalytic properties, and, voila!, life.

Can it be replicated in a lab?

Can God?

That we know of.

Don't forget that we know nothing about 95% of the matter and energy that comprise the known universe.
I have a real problem with that claim. To me it sounds like science is trying to introduce magic. If that is the correction you have to introduce to make the equations work, you should first question the equations.

put is all together ----with periodic shots of lightening and KNOCKING around-----for about ten
million years-----and it may happen

When you drive to the store, do you make random turns until you magically arrive at the supermarket

put is all together ----with periodic shots of lightening and KNOCKING around-----for about ten
In your experience do lighting strikes tend to be more destructive or creative? Do they leave the things they hit more organized - or less?

Not a chance.

Can God?

I believe so. After all, we're here.

Forum List

Back