What did you look like when you were young?

Hossfly age 2

maxresdefault.jpg

is that you Hossfly nahhh thats not you!!:laugh::laugh:

When I was a kid, up until the age of 19, I was wearing blue jeans, flannel shirt with a tshirt underneath, and logging boots.

At 19, I got into punk rock and it was strange clothes for the next 2 years.

Then, it was back to jeans and flannel until I started riding bicycles at around 23.

From 23 to 35, it was Spandex bike shorts and jerseys, and I rode a bicycle every where I went. If a woman wanted to date me during that time of my life, she had to come and pick me up because I didn't have a car. However..............I was in extremely good shape and looked fit. There were some women who were interested even though I didn't have a car.

Then? I went to my final tour of duty on shore, and bought myself a motorcycle. Started wearing Harley tshirts, 501 jeans, biker boots and a leather jacket.

Later........................I retired from the Navy. Now? I wear sweat pants, tie dye shirts, have a pony tail, and sandals are the preferred footwear. But, I also still bike, and still have all my bike clothing and wear a lot of that during the summer.

Yeah......................I've gone through a couple of phases so far in my life.

When I was a kid, up until the age of 19, I was wearing blue jeans, flannel shirt with a tshirt underneath, and logging boots.

Then, it was back to jeans and flannel until I started riding bicycles at around 23.

From 23 to 35, it was Spandex bike shorts and jerseys, and I rode a bicycle every where I went. If a woman wanted to date me during that time of my life, she had to come and pick me up because I didn't have a car. However..............I was in extremely good shape and looked fit. There were some women who were interested even though I didn't have a car.

Then? I went to my final tour of duty on shore, and bought myself a motorcycle. Started wearing Harley tshirts, 501 jeans, biker boots and a leather jacket.

Later........................I retired from the Navy. Now? I wear sweat pants, tie dye shirts, have a pony tail, and sandals are the preferred footwear. But, I also still bike, and still have all my bike clothing and wear a lot of that during the summer.

Yeah......................I've gone through a couple of phases so far in my life.

I dress like Hunter S. Thompson, but have more hair. Sandals definitely. Air the toes.

I dress like Hunter S. Thompson, but have more hair. Sandals definitely. Air the toes.

Sandals are great, because yeah, your feet breathe and it feels nice. My preferred brand of sandals? Teva's. They are probably the most comfortable of all the sandals I've tried, and the way the straps wrap around your feet means they aren't coming off until you unhook the clips or velcro. I've been able to go digging a ditch in Texas clay soil (stuff is notorious for taking of your shoes if your foot sinks in), and have never lost a sandal while digging in the clay.

Sandals are great, because yeah, your feet breathe and it feels nice. My preferred brand of sandals? Teva's. They are probably the most comfortable of all the sandals I've tried, and the way the straps wrap around your feet means they aren't coming off until you unhook the clips or velcro. I've been able to go digging a ditch in Texas clay soil (stuff is notorious for taking of your shoes if your foot sinks in), and have never lost a sandal while digging in the clay.

Used to wear those a lot in my kayaking days.
From whitewater to coastal fishing they kicked ass.

A few years back, I got a pair that was made specifically for being in the water wading or rafting. The footbed was some really nice soft sticky rubber (also kept your feet warm somehow), and the grip of the soles was excellent. They also had quick release clips to hold them on your feet. Shoulda bought 5 pairs of them when they were first available,because they were some of the best sandals I ever had. They even had holes that went through the footbed so that the water would drain faster. Finally had to get rid of them when the soles started to peel away from the sandal. That was a bummer of a day.

A few years back, I got a pair that was made specifically for being in the water wading or rafting. The footbed was some really nice soft sticky rubber (also kept your feet warm somehow), and the grip of the soles was excellent. They also had quick release clips to hold them on your feet. Shoulda bought 5 pairs of them when they were first available,because they were some of the best sandals I ever had. They even had holes that went through the footbed so that the water would drain faster. Finally had to get rid of them when the soles started to peel away from the sandal. That was a bummer of a day.

Since giving up yaking due to a bad back I've gone to Reef flops pretty much year round unless I'm out in the woods.

The wife and I in around 1988 shortly after being married.
I was 23.
View attachment 170450

Thats one thing I truly miss about those days.
People used to dress up for even the most minor affair.
I look back when me and my buddy Harry Wolfe went to the US festival in 83 when we were eighteen in San Bernardino and we wore suits on the plane.
Never mind we were smoking weed in the bathroom of the plane and partying in the sky bar doing Mandrax we did it in style!!!

We change so much some of us. This was me, early 70's.

View attachment 170433

What a dumb ass I was! ;)

Earliest picture of me on the internet was around 1978..

I am the dork wearing Bill on my boat racing uniform, my Younger brother is Bob

View attachment 170456

I was just checking on old pictures of me on the internet when I googled my name..

Me around 1988..always wearing a baseball hat think this was at a boat race in Indiana got second I think..

13730891_1143303282393351_6782264898280025475_o.jpg

We change so much some of us. This was me, early 70's.

View attachment 170433

What a dumb ass I was! ;)

Earliest picture of me on the internet was around 1978..

I am the dork wearing Bill on my boat racing uniform, my Younger brother is Bob

View attachment 170456

I was just checking on old pictures of me on the internet when I googled my name..

Me around 1988..always wearing a baseball hat think this was at a boat race in Indiana got second I think..

View attachment 170459

Which hat wearer?

Forum List

Back