What do you fear the most?

Yeah I'm not convinced there's a "good" way to die. I figure if all the others who have gone before could do it, then so can I.

My No.1 personal fear that I don't let myself think about...that any of my kids be afraid or in a dark place mentally.

ahhh fuck all that shit.....your chances of surviving are nil
People around here are all terrified of a killer tsunami, fed by the fact that now it's common knowledge that we live in the cascadia subduction zone. Hello, we've always lived along the c.s.z. Nobody is out of reach of natural disaster, for petes sakes, why freak over things you have no control over????

Yeah I'm not convinced there's a "good" way to die. I figure if all the others who have gone before could do it, then so can I.

My No.1 personal fear that I don't let myself think about...that any of my kids be afraid or in a dark place mentally.

Hearing and thinking to whatever degree about death and dying all our lives, can't imagine any worst way to die than when asleep. Wanna experience it. Not in agony like but at least know it's happening. Consumate researcher in me would be pissed if I missed it. :)

My greatest fear is that I suffer some sort of debilitating illness and become unable to take care of my son or be involved in his life in the ways he needs me.

Once he finishes college, gets on a career path, and starts down the path of life, then I am ok with whatever happens, whether it is beginning a new chapter in my life or crawling into the ground to go to sleep forever. After I get to that point in our lives it is all gravy time after than, as far as I am concerned.

Being tortured.
Being tortured? Who in the hell worries about that?

Well there are different kinds of torture. Not just physical. But it's the only thing I fear, a slow and painful death.
What different kinds of torture is there? Being tickled to death? Water boarded? That won't kill you. Being subjected to mental abuse?

I assume you are talking about being physically tortured to death. I do not get this because unless you live in the Middle East or some other shit hole then the chance of this is extremely low.

Maybe you watched too many scary movies last week.

Currently my biggest fear is the three-quarter inch thick Navigation System Owner's Manual from the bride's new car that I promised to read and then teach her whatever of its various features she might wanna use.

Not gonna be fun but one of those things you do.

Being tortured.

Well there are different kinds of torture. Not just physical. But it's the only thing I fear, a slow and painful death.
What different kinds of torture is there? Being tickled to death? Water boarded? That won't kill you. Being subjected to mental abuse?

I assume you are talking about being physically tortured to death. I do not get this because unless you live in the Middle East or some other shit hole then the chance of this is extremely low.

It's not a present fear. But if I think of myself in a situation where I can't die but am subject to someone else's agenda (be it slavery, torture what have you) it would terrify me.

I guess realistically, nothing scares me except for the thought of something happening to my kids.

Being tortured.

you are so cute.... ;)
Being afraid of being tortured to death is absurd. It is akin to fearing being eaten alive. Aside from Chevy Chase coming to your house dressed in a shark costume the chance of being eaten alive is almost nil. The same chances apply to being tortured to death.

I love that skit! Okay well - I see your point... I answered it "correctly"....

Being tortured.

It's not a present fear. But if I think of myself in a situation where I can't die but am subject to someone else's agenda (be it slavery, torture what have you) it would terrify me.

I guess realistically, nothing scares me except for the thought of something happening to my kids.
I can see that. It would freak me out too. But it is not a fear of mine, as I don't think that there is much of a chance that it will happen to me.

Being tortured.

I can see that. It would freak me out too. But it is not a fear of mine, as I don't think that there is much of a chance that it will happen to me.

I think most adults fear mostly for their kids (if they have them).
I don't worry like Gracie about being ignored or left alone, but, I'm an introvert and pretty happy left to myself.

I think most adults fear mostly for their kids (if they have them).
I don't worry like Gracie about being ignored or left alone, but, I'm an introvert and pretty happy left to myself.
Likewise. I am perfectly content to be alone. Some people are not, which is fine. Everybody is different and has varying needs, and I understand that. Fact is, I am most content when I am alone.

Forum List

Back