What Does Santa Claus Have To Do With Christianity?

What Does Santa Claus Have To Do With Christianity?

the same as JC and the Christian Bible.

Is Santa Claus a Christian symbol?

If so, please break it down for me by showing me how.

As it stands, I don't see how a mythical character is a symbol for Christianity.

In fact, I believe it distorts it, certainly if and/or when it's used as symbol for Christianity.

I look forward to your responses.

Tradition, let me spell it out for progressives, tra-freaking-ditiian. Why not try the awkward Kwanza celebration and leave Santa alone.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
oh, just stop it.

you were caught in your ignorance when you have had no idea what bronze age means, when was it and when it ended and now you are copy& pasting an irrelevant material to divert attention form your embarrassment .

learn some history because your deficiencies are so glaring it is a caricature.
another false assumption.
I never get embarrassed

your low IQ prevents feeling embarrassment when deserved :D
false!

You don't know what BC means...
it means before christ and it's inaccurate..

what Is the Difference Between AD, BC, BCE, and CE in Identifying Historical Dates?

In one respect, there really is no difference between an AD/BC and BCE/CE system when it comes to historical dates. The year 23 AD is exactly the same as the year 23 CE, and 4004 BC is also 4004 BCE. References to historical dates under either classification shouldn't create confusion in a researcher's mind. Major historical dates such as 1492 AD, 1776 AD or 1941 AD would still be rendered as 1492 CE, 1776 CE and 1941 CE.

The AD/BC method of identifying historical dates can be traced back to Catholic historians working in the early Middle Ages. Identifying historical dates until that point was often a complicated proposition, since different historians worked under different calendars. A Roman historian would have used the Roman AUD notation, in which Year Zero was the largely symbolic founding of Rome. Converting historical dates to the standard Gregorian calendar would not have been easy. Using the birth of Jesus Christ as a central point made more sense to the religious historians.

What Is the Difference Between AD, BC, BCE, and CE in Identifying Historical Dates?

Exactly.

And St. Nicholas did not live BEFORE CHRIST you nincompoop. He lived in the 4th century AD. There were no Christians, monk or otherwise, BEFORE Christ.

Didn't I already say this? You are amazingly stupid.

You don't know what BC means...
it means before christ and it's inaccurate..

what Is the Difference Between AD, BC, BCE, and CE in Identifying Historical Dates?

In one respect, there really is no difference between an AD/BC and BCE/CE system when it comes to historical dates. The year 23 AD is exactly the same as the year 23 CE, and 4004 BC is also 4004 BCE. References to historical dates under either classification shouldn't create confusion in a researcher's mind. Major historical dates such as 1492 AD, 1776 AD or 1941 AD would still be rendered as 1492 CE, 1776 CE and 1941 CE.

The AD/BC method of identifying historical dates can be traced back to Catholic historians working in the early Middle Ages. Identifying historical dates until that point was often a complicated proposition, since different historians worked under different calendars. A Roman historian would have used the Roman AUD notation, in which Year Zero was the largely symbolic founding of Rome. Converting historical dates to the standard Gregorian calendar would not have been easy. Using the birth of Jesus Christ as a central point made more sense to the religious historians.

What Is the Difference Between AD, BC, BCE, and CE in Identifying Historical Dates?

Exactly.

And St. Nicholas did not live BEFORE CHRIST you nincompoop. He lived in the 4th century AD. There were no Christians, monk or otherwise, BEFORE Christ.

Didn't I already say this? You are amazingly stupid.
what are you whining about now?
I know st nick lived after Jesus...hope you get some mileage out of my massive brain fart last night...
so what's more stupid me fucking up or you trying to make yourself seem more intelligent or educated by exploiting it?
besides it is an aside to the subject.
you are still defending a myth. and the fraud of a white saint Nicolas...

Everyone close your eyes. When Santa puts a present in your hands, ask yourselves what difference does it make what color he is? Could be a little green man from Mars, long as I get a present. :)

Truthfully, the people who are obsessed are insistent that St. Nick was something other than caucasian.

He was Greek, we have his bones. But they're adamant he isn't *white*...whatever that means.

Truthfully, the people who are obsessed are insistent that St. Nick was something other than caucasian.

He was Greek, we have his bones. But they're adamant he isn't *white*...whatever that means.

Well that's meaningless drivel. Gods and mythic figures obviously don't have skin and therefore don't have race. I did all this in a thread with a racist day before yesterday.

I think the idea was just brought up by that Fox Noise bimbo to sell commercials. They're not necessarily racist over there but they do know what pushes ratings buttons.

St. Nick isn't a god. I'm sure he has a race, wait, I posted the information about him..

I just don't know why it's so important to some people.

I agree/agreed with Phil Robertson, when he said: "We all came from the same dude, and I don't know what color He was!" I would say that the same goes for St. Nicholas.

Actually, the human race began in Africa.

Caucasian does not mean 'white.' Plenty of Caucasians are not 'white.'

Forum List

Back