What happened to the farm bill?

U.S. farmers export hundreds of millions of metric tons of grains each year.

And we are left paying record prices for groceries.

And that... is a crime in itself.

We all have more food than ever before & keep eating more all the time. You are getting what you pay for. Unlike with oil that always makes you pay more & get less.
Food_production_per_capita_1961-2005.png

134986-128559380577331-John-Polomny_origin.png
[/QUOTE]

Or a subsidy to the consumer.
Only a narco-libertarian could conceive of military operations as constituting a "subsidy" to industry.

So oil subsidy to consumer is good, but food subsidy to consumer is bad? :confused:

Food subsides make food more expensive. I might have a different definition of good than you, but making it more expensive to survive doesn't sound good.

Or a subsidy to the consumer.
Only a narco-libertarian could conceive of military operations as constituting a "subsidy" to industry.

So oil subsidy to consumer is good, but food subsidy to consumer is bad? :confused:

Food subsides make food more expensive. I might have a different definition of good than you, but making it more expensive to survive doesn't sound good.

That's a joke. Us farmers have been saying to cut the farm subsidies for years. We don't mind getting paid more for our crops. It's all you consumers who are afraid to pay more & have less to eat.

That's a joke. Us farmers have been saying to cut the farm subsidies for years. We don't mind getting paid more for our crops. It's all you consumers who are afraid to pay more & have less to eat.

That is not what the farm lobby says.

I'm curious. Why are you so protective of oil companies?
I'm not "protective", I am an advocate who is constantly vigilant. There is truth, there are facts, and then there are the likes of you. When one spends 36 years working in an industry, it kind of grows on a person. I've drilled holes in the ground, prepared the tax returns, and have been involved in all points in between. I have yet to see the existence of a "subsidy".

Because there are none.

Go back to bed before I give you a nap. :D

HAs anyone even looked at the Bill themselves? 1163 pages of bloat. Here is just a bit regarding a farm bill in the title pages-

TITLE III—TRADE
Subtitle A—Food for Peace Act

TITLE IV—NUTRITION

Sec. 4010. Restaurant meals program.
Sec. 4012. Performance bonus payments.

TITLE VI—RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Subtitle B—Rural Electrification
Sec. 6101. Definition of rural area.
Sec. 6102. Guarantees for bonds and notes issued for electrification or telephone
purposes.
Sec. 6103. Expansion of 911 access.
Sec. 6104. Access to broadband telecommunications services in rural areas.

Subtitle C—Miscellaneous
Sec. 6201. Distance learning and telemedicine.
Sec. 6202. Definition of rural area for purposes of the Housing Act of 1949.
Sec. 6203. Rural energy savings program.
Sec. 6204. Funding of pending rural development loan and grant applications.
Sec. 6205. Study of rural transportation issues.

It goes on and on.
http://www.ag.senate.gov/download/?id=60b7860d-a8dc-4e8b-91e0-d61356974817

And you think those linked articles "prove" anything?

They're all bullshit.

I'm not "protective", I am an advocate who is constantly vigilant. There is truth, there are facts, and then there are the likes of you. When one spends 36 years working in an industry, it kind of grows on a person. I've drilled holes in the ground, prepared the tax returns, and have been involved in all points in between. I have yet to see the existence of a "subsidy".

Because there are none.

Then if they don't exist, you wouldn't mind them being cut.

If there are no subsidies, Mr. H., let's take them off the books, like taking slavery off the books.

Neither exist, but it is good to have them off the books.

I think the government should stay out of the farm business and out of everyone's business. They should leave us alone to govern ourselves with minimal intrusion.

Republicans didn't like the farm bill because it didn't go far enough.

Leave two million families without aid? Not enough families.

Cut 200,000 children from school lunches? Should be 20 million.

Drug tests to people on food stamps? Like it worked in Florida.

Most on food stamps work but don't make enough pay for everything else, so food stamps become a "business subsidy".

Republicans helped move millions of businesses to China from 2001 to 2008. They created the very unemployed they hate with a passion.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

They get people to "vote white" which is why that odious party stays in power.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is not what the farm lobby says.

Maybe someday congress will wake up & discover Wallstreet Farm Lobby does not represent real farmers who work for a living to feed the world. The only subsidy we ever wanted, congress won't grant. That is a loan guarantee to finish building the ethanol pipeline.

And you think those linked articles "prove" anything?

They're all bullshit.

Because there are none.

I don't get any farm subsidies, but that does not mean they don't exist. When is BP, Exxon or Shell going to buy their own submarine, aircraft carrier, fighter jets & hire their own pilots, sailors & military to defend their oil wells, pipelines & shipping lanes?

We are not landing our military in Brazil guarding farms & crop transport.

Did our military secure prior approval from any oil/gas company before deploying?
Were they even consulted?
That argument of military might being any sort of a subsidy is ridiculous.

Did our military secure prior approval from any oil/gas company before deploying?
Were they even consulted?
That argument of military might being any sort of a subsidy is ridiculous.

Big oil runs the governments. BP had Scotland release of Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber so Libya would let them extract oil.

Republicans didn't like the farm bill because it didn't go far enough.

Leave two million families without aid? Not enough families.

Cut 200,000 children from school lunches? Should be 20 million.

Drug tests to people on food stamps? Like it worked in Florida.

Most on food stamps work but don't make enough pay for everything else, so food stamps become a "business subsidy".

Republicans helped move millions of businesses to China from 2001 to 2008. They created the very unemployed they hate with a passion.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

They get people to "vote white" which is why that odious party stays in power.

Obama didn't like it because it didn't increase the deficit enough, what's your point?

Forum List

Back